Media alert

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting stuff up just now by SEN; they just put a double take interview with Jake Carlisle. They asked why he got so agitated during the game:

"Yeah, that Gardiner let me know all about a spoil he did on me, prick. I just said to him I'm ready to f****** go if he wants it."

Real class act :rolleyes:

Then they joked about a re-take and played both versions, one after the other. The second version was more subtle.

Great work Darc!!! :D

Interesting stuff up just now by SEN; they just put a double take interview with Jake Carlisle. They asked why he got so agitated during the game:

"Yeah, that Gardiner let me know all about a spoil he did on me, prick. I just said to him I'm ready to f****** go if he wants it."

Real class act :rolleyes:

Then they joked about a re-take and played both versions, one after the other. The second version was more subtle.

Great work Darc!!! :D
Mentally soft.

SEN having a Brisbane Bears chat right now with callers ringing up discussing their favourite Bears memory :cool:

Not sure why....are we folding already?

Everybody's favourite segment Sliding Doors is back.

If...there’s one positive to come from the Lions this season...

Then...hang on, there's not. Oh, all right, there is. His name is Tom Rockliff, and he's a gun.

First of all, that hasn't come out this season, he finished top 6 in the brownlow last year which as I recall Damo was very critical of.

Secondly, not one other positive? 4 debutants who look the goods doesn't qualify?

Not even trying anymore. The sarcastic build up just makes it look like he's got no idea about us.

The sarcastic build up just makes it look like he's got no idea about us.
If: It looks like Damien Barrett has no idea about the Lions...
Then: ...it's probably because Damien Barrett has no idea about the Lions.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: sliding doors is a really flawed concept. Almost nobody could come up with something intelligent and insightful to say about every team, every week, and Barrett certainly can't.

He'd be better off, and I'd prefer reading, his top five points each week about anything at all.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/love-of-old-fitzroy-keeps-footy-fires-burning-20140516-38ffu.html

Nice little article. Unless you were there, the excitement of Saturdays in Melbourne during football season is very hard to relate. It is not just nostalgia, something of the soul of football and the vibrancy of the city has actually died in Melbourne since the days when I started to follow FITZROY in the 1960's. The degree to which the town turned on the six games that were played every Saturday afternoon has withered and the tribalism that helped define this city is now just a pale and sickly corporate contrivance.

Last edited:
http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/love-of-old-fitzroy-keeps-footy-fires-burning-20140516-38ffu.html

Nice little article. Unless you were there, the excitement of Saturdays in Melbourne during football season is very hard to relate. It is not just nostalgia, something of the soul of football and the vibrancy of the city has actually died in Melbourne since the days when I started to follow FITZROY in the 1960's. The degree to which the town turned on the six games that were played every Saturday afternoon has withered and the tribalism that helped define this city is just a pale and sickly corporate contrivance.

You are right 3KZ. I wasn't there but reading the article and your little piece I can only hope I am thinking correctly what it was like. Reading these threads is a treat for people like myself to try and understand what the feeling really was like. Something I will never enjoy like yourself and Suzanne Madeley and will long cherish. I envy you.

Yeah I dunno. There was one for Sydney about 2012 too so must have something to do with non-vic clubs playing in Melbourne this weekend. Strange.

Metro trains have a slogan or something about "if you want to keep the premiership cup in Melbourne ride with metro trains" I think it has something to do with that. As for stealing the 03 premiership....... i am lost for words

Nice little article. Unless you were there, the excitement of Saturdays in Melbourne during football season is very hard to relate. It is not just nostalgia, something of the soul of football and the vibrancy of the city has actually died in Melbourne since the days when I started to follow FITZROY in the 1960's. The degree to which the town turned on the six games that were played every Saturday afternoon has withered and the tribalism that helped define this city is now just a pale and sickly corporate contrivance.

Then you would go home and watch The Big League hoping to see yourself hanging over the fence on the tv!

Have been IQing Footy Classified this year.

I have withheld comment until today in the off chance that the shows I had been watching were just "bad days" but wow, Matthew Lloyd and Hutchy consistently treat Caroline Wilson very poorly on that show. Continual disrespect, talking over the top of her, snide comments and pretty much bullying her in general.

She does a good job of not letting herself get dragged down to their level, but boy oh boy do they come off like absolute tossers.

I have withheld comment until today in the off chance that the shows I had been watching were just "bad days" but wow, Matthew Lloyd and Hutchy consistently treat Caroline Wilson very poorly on that show. Continual disrespect, talking over the top of her, snide comments and pretty much bullying her in general.

She does a good job of not letting herself get dragged down to their level, but boy oh boy do they come off like absolute tossers.

Has been the case ever since the inception of the show.. I personally don't mind Wilson, but you're spot, particularly Hutchy and Lloyd are nothing but bully's of the highest order. Some may disagree, but I always thought Grant Thomas was very cordial to her. I do miss Thomas, because following his switch into the media, he says it how it is without fear of reprisal from city hall and the complete opposite of dimwits such as the Damien Barrett, Jay Clark and Jon Ralph's of the world.

I'm neutral towards Wilson. But I can't watch FC because of the way she is treated and spoken to on that show. It goes beyond mere disagreement with an opinion. Looks very nasty from the point of view of an outsider looking in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back