Media alert

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If, someone didn't shove their foot up Barrett's arse...
...then he wouldn't have a sore bum.

Seriously, there's a reason why I don't read that rubbish. Anyone can state the flipping obvious!

My problem with Barrett's comments are that they don't make any sense. We've just had a board upheaval.

And if they're not uneasy there should be another board upheaval? But there will be one anyway?

If Alan Smithee has an axe to grind.....

then at least he is quite transparent about it.

Haven't seen someone purporting to be a Lions fan who was this exclusively hyperfocused on off-field politics (combined with seemingly zero interest in football) since Henry Pinskier.

It's the constant back-hander if there is anything "positive".

VOSS IS A LEGEND.

End of story.

IF... there is a

oh forget it ... DB doesn't deserve this much attention.

I just find it funny that Barrett can keep managing to say absolutely nothing of substance every week yet still fill a page on the website.
Damn fine job if you can get it. Who needs respect when you can churn out a page of waffle every week and make it sound ... well ... nup can't support this.

I just find it funny that Barrett can keep managing to say absolutely nothing of substance every week yet still fill a page on the website.

I can't believe he even has a job, let alone he has bosses that actually think he is contributing anything at all and/or they even need someone contributing near on rubbish year after year.

And multiple pages on our's...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Confirmation of our shocking injury run: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-05-27/the-injury-ladder

A couple of other interesting things for me - Hawthorn at number 2 on the injury ladder shows how good they are as did their performance against Port last week. GC and Port have had a pretty good run and it will be interesting to see how they are affected with any injuries to key players.

Barrett is a nobody. Newman can barely hide his contempt for him in his footy show segment. Guys like him and Hutchinson are nobodies, yet they are tolerated. ****ed if I know why, though.

Barrett is a nobody. Newman can barely hide his contempt for him in his footy show segment. Guys like him and Hutchinson are nobodies, yet they are tolerated. ****** if I know why, though.

Newman is a bit of a nobody too though, outside of the footy show.

Foxtel Cup featuring Norwood (Cal Bartlett) and ex Assistant Coach Mark Harvey as Commentator - he had some interesting thoughts when quizzed by TGO and Beaker on the Lions.
What were they or do you have a link?

Foxtel Cup featuring Norwood (Cal Bartlett) and ex Assistant Coach Mark Harvey as Commentator - he had some interesting thoughts when quizzed by TGO and Beaker on the Lions.

Do tell.

Newman is a bit of a nobody too though, outside of the footy show.

Your opinion, I suppose. I was talking about the sport of Australian Rules Football and whatever you may think of Newman (the media persona) he has standing and respect (sometimes grudging) within the game...Barrett and his ilk, not so much. I find Newman an interesting character.

This does not apply to all non-players of the AFL media, btw.

Quizzed by the Step Brothers on "are Brisbane a lot further back than what they thought" his comment was guarded but said "well since I left the five young blokes also decided to leave and they have gone back about 1-2 years - there are still very good young players on the list but the effect of losing the five at once will force them to go back to the draft - it will turn around soon enough." His commentary is very good he's picking holes in some of the tactics by both teams.

Quizzed by the Step Brothers on "are Brisbane a lot further back than what they thought" his comment was guarded but said "well since I left the five young blokes also decided to leave and they have gone back about 1-2 years - there are still very good young players on the list but the effect of losing the five at once will force them to go back to the draft - it will turn around soon enough." His commentary is very good he's picking holes in some of the tactics by both teams.

Because he left, Voss was sacked or for reasons that the club could have prevented? Apart from that what is the story or inside knowledge?

Because he left, Voss was sacked or for reasons that the club could have prevented? Apart from that what is the story or inside knowledge?

I read it that post him and Voss leaving and the failure to lure "The Messiah" as coach, the GH5 also then decided to exit and that forced the club to go back to square one - which supports a lot of the recent media about the outlook being a huge factor on why they all bailed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back