Media alert

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm neutral towards Wilson. But I can't watch FC because of the way she is treated and spoken to on that show. It goes beyond mere disagreement with an opinion. Looks very nasty from the point of view of an outsider looking in.

Initially I thought the manner in which Hutchy spoke, or rather bullied Wilson, may have been contrived, but it wasn't long until I realised that Hutchy really is a bully.

Initially I thought the manner in which Hutchy spoke, or rather bullied Wilson, may have been contrived, but it wasn't long until I realised that Hutchy really is a bully.

Years of being outscooped by the best investigative journalist in footy will do that to a petty, remarkably unremarkable man like Craig.

Metro trains have a slogan or something about "if you want to keep the premiership cup in Melbourne ride with metro trains" I think it has something to do with that. As for stealing the 03 premiership....... i am lost for words
More like taking candy from a baby.

Has been the case ever since the inception of the show.. I personally don't mind Wilson, but you're spot, particularly Hutchy and Lloyd are nothing but bully's of the highest order. Some may disagree, but I always thought Grant Thomas was very cordial to her. I do miss Thomas, because following his switch into the media, he says it how it is without fear of reprisal from city hall and the complete opposite of dimwits such as the Damien Barrett, Jay Clark and Jon Ralph's of the world.
Thomas used to treat Caro with utter contempt, cutting her off, disagreeing with her every word, dismissing her views, then I think she must have called him on it or somebody pulled him into line privately because all of a sudden they were getting on swell. The show is a chauvinists picnic and I refuse to watch it or the Footy Show.

Leppa spoke really well on AFL 360 for those wondering. Was about a 10 minute interview and worth a watch.

Loved how Squizzy shut down Marc Allen when he said "go and look at what Kevin Murray wears around his neck". Honestly, do they think we dont do anything around the education of our players about the history of our two clubs.

Leppa spoke really well on AFL 360 for those wondering. Was about a 10 minute interview and worth a watch.

Leppa handled himself well, but the last few interviews I've seen Leppa have on various footy shows, not press conferences, they have been somewhat awkward and uneasy in parts. Definitely on the back of some pretty direct questioning and the interviewers, IMO, looking to get a reaction.

It hard not to like Squizzy Taylor... he just has that infectious "I can't believe this is happening" attitude. To listen to him talk you know he's young and you know hes got a way to go, but you just get the feeling that he will give his all day in day out.

We did good last draft. Real good.

It hard not to like Squizzy Taylor... he just has that infectious "I can't believe this is happening" attitude. To listen to him talk you know he's young and you know hes got a way to go, but you just get the feeling that he will give his all day in day out.

I agree notliondown ... I could be wrong, but did others feel the interview was a little patronising in parts? I don't know when I was driving I thought some of the questions were odd particularly about girls, Kevin Murray etc.

I agree notliondown ... I could be wrong, but did others feel the interview was a little patronising in parts? I don't know when I was driving I thought some of the questions were odd particularly about girls, Kevin Murray etc.

Patronising is Allen's default setting, but we shouldn't set the bar too high, he is a Collingwood supporter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SEN is a pretty amateur, tinpot outfit. I think people overrate its importance significantly.

They really proof this with their "coverage" durimg trade week every year. They air just about any and all crack pot theory trying to land a scoop.

I suspect quite a few people tune in, like me, because mid-week there's bugger-all alternative if you are keen on sport. I just switch off when they get dopey (which is quite often).

Funny you should say that... initially I thought they were trying to compensate a little for his nerves which were pretty obvious, but then the questions descended into high school stuff. I guess there's a fine line but in reality I would say the real reason the questions were so puerile was simply because they had no idea who Squizzy was or how he had played until 5 minutes before hand given Brisbane is in another country to most AFL "experts"...

SEN is a pretty amateur, tinpot outfit. I think people overrate its importance significantly.

Spot on mate... I stream it on a Saturday morning to hear Vossy talk - its great to hear him and Derm (who often makes my jaw drop with his insight when hes not trying to be a clown) but apart from that its very superficial opinionated drivel most of the time. Just being a dedicated "Sports" station doesn't given them cred, although they are yet to figure that out for themselves!

Good fan cast this week with Leppa the guest. Provides some intelligent and honest analysis and comments as always, including the Springfield thing. http://www.lions.com.au/video/2014-05-21/fancast-with-justin-leppitsch

Forgot to mention - he talks about maybe 6-8 listed players not being at the club next year. I got the impression that Maloney might be one of them and Harwood needs to improve a bit. Archie Smith sounds like he might get a run this year if there's an opportunity before Lewy gets back.

Forgot to mention - he talks about maybe 6-8 listed players not being at the club next year. I got the impression that Maloney might be one of them and Harwood needs to improve a bit. Archie Smith sounds like he might get a run this year if there's an opportunity before Lewy gets back.

I was pleasantly surprised by that. Asked about the prospects of another draftee getting a game, Archie was the first name that came to mind. Whether he does or doesn't get a chance this year, it'd have to do his confidence and focus a world of good to hear that with the learning curve he is on.

Thanks for pointing this out ... completely missed it. Must've mentally turned off for that moment.

Man that'd be awesome!

Just don't do it...

Don't even read that Sliding doors crap...

Damien Barrett you need a good hard look at yourself...

Yet again absolute drivel. I have not stopped shaking my head in disbelief to think he actually gets paid for that.

I honestly think he would spend about as much time writing that as it takes to read.

I despair!!!!!!

So why do I keep going back to it? I think I'm going there in the hope that he just might, one day, say something positive about the Lions (with no back-hander there either).

Dream-on!

Just don't do it...

Don't even read that Sliding doors crap...

Damien Barrett you need a good hard look at yourself...

Yet again absolute drivel. I have not stopped shaking my head in disbelief to think he actually gets paid for that.

I honestly think he would spend about as much time writing that as it takes to read.

I despair!!!!!!

So why do I keep going back to it? I think I'm going there in the hope that he just might, one day, say something positive about the Lions (with no back-hander there either).

Dream-on!
Oh now your going to make me look. Damn!

Anyone who is upset by what Barrett writes on sliding doors this week is a Angus Johnson, Bob Sharpless (aka Angus 2.0) etc apologist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back