Melbourne $1.65 to make the 8

Remove this Banner Ad

A lot of people talk a lot of crap without actually knowing facts.

Melbourne is that short because:

A. It has a VERY promising list, and minimal injury setbacks (when compared to other teams)
B. It has a piss easy draw. Forget about Collingwood. Their fixture is nothing. We play a lot of bottom 8 sides twice, more than we do top 8 sides.
C. It has had a great pre-season. For once the media pr fluff that comes out of every club's pre-season - every club is having "the best pre-season ever - has actually been true.

Also, Melbourne has a pretty small fanbase, typically not considered to be major gamblers (which is more refined to the middle and lower class), which may indicate that a lot of bets placed on the Demons have come from non-Melbourne supporting people.

Lol @ Melbourne beings odds on with us

Your team is exactly like Melbourne's from 2002-2006. Good, but never better than mid-range, really. I mean, that's my opinion. It's not a personal stab at you. That's just how I see Carlton. Judd or no Judd.

A lot of people talk a lot of crap without actually knowing facts.

A. It has a VERY promising list, and minimal injury setbacks (when compared to other teams)
B. It has a piss easy draw. Forget about Collingwood. Their fixture is nothing. We play a lot of bottom 8 sides twice, more than we do top 8 sides.
C. It has had a great pre-season. For once the media pr fluff that comes out of every club's pre-season - every club is having "the best pre-season ever - has actually been true.

Also, Melbourne has a pretty small fanbase, typically not considered to be major gamblers (which is more refined to the middle and lower class), which may indicate that a lot of bets placed on the Demons have come from non-Melbourne supporting people.

Your team is exactly like Melbourne's from 2002-2006. Good, but never better than mid-range, really. I mean, that's my opinion. It's not a personal stab at you. That's just how I see Carlton. Judd or no Judd.

The bolded part is a ridiculous comment considering Melbourne have opened up @ 1.65 before a cent was laid on them and still are @1.65. Your class superiority statement is even dumber.

Agree with the rest.

From what I seen, these 3 teams looked shocking, so many skill errors, handballs which bounced to players, marks being droped, set shots missed by alot, really not much to brag about,
Adelaide looked alot better when they brought in some of their stars for the Port game though.

From what I seen, these 3 teams looked shocking, so many skill errors, handballs which bounced to players, marks being droped, set shots missed by alot, really not much to brag about,
Adelaide looked alot better when they brought in some of their stars for the Port game though.

Honestly, what else would you expect from such a 'spectacle' as this?

Essendon supporters with the worst list in the league dare comment on other sides ?

Melbourne haven't won in Adelaide for 10 years so would be happy to be competitive.

It was the first hitout of the year, so naturally the 3 teams were rusty. Port played 29 players and Adelaide and Melbourne both played over 30. We played new draftees such as Cook, Howe, Nicholson and Evans. Yet some opposition supporters lament average footy ? Either trolls, or genuinely clueless. I suspect both.

Good players had severely reduced minutes to cater for plenty of young players and in our case we had Scully, Frawley, Jones, Morton, McKenzie, Gysberts, Petterd, Wonaeamirri not playing at all.

Most supporters and players would be happy to have a hitout with no injuries.

It has a piss easy draw.

Fixed. :thumbsu:

Essendon supporters with the worst list in the league dare comment on other sides ?

People like you make me laugh. Where did you come up with this logic? I'm assuming you have not made one single post on any other teams for the last 2 years?

You win 1 NAB cup game and you are all of a sudden in a position to comment? :rolleyes:

Everyone is equally entitled to pass judgement on other teams regardless of how good or bad the team they follow is, you moron.

Wait until your lot plays. Even Adam White from 927 reckons their skills are shit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

of cause we have, that is why Melbourne have had the no 1 pick 2 of the last 3 years. seriously, I stated how much better a team looked when their stars came back into a team.
Dont worry I will watch every game and pass judgement how I see it, like it or not.
princess Hanna the skill was aweful, even my mates Crow and Port supporters where saying, how the hell do you forget to handball, just basic things looked not so good.

Tempted to lay them now at the $2 and back them later in the season when we've drifted. Crazy odds.

Adelaide should have the goods to make the 8 if they can keep the top line talent in their midfield (Thompson, Vince mainly) fit. As long as they have a bit of x factor through the middle their defence and forward line should look after themselves.

Pissant list you would be talking about Melbourne right, like 15 wins in 3 seasons, you would have to be.
Melbourne 15 wins in 66 games lol

Do you have any idea of the rubbish we've removed from our list in the last 3 years ?

When I look at our young talent in Scully, Trengove, Watts, Grimes, Frawley, Morton, Jurrah to name a few (won't include Gysberts, Garland, MacKenzie, Tapscott, Blease, etc :eek:) Essendon have only one young player (Hurley) that would rank alongside. Heppell may change that this year.

It's going to be a very long season for you chump. :)

When I look at our young talent in Scully, Trengove, Watts, Grimes, Frawley, Morton, Jurrah to name a few (won't include Gysberts, Garland, MacKenzie, Tapscott, Blease, etc :eek:) Essendon have only one young player (Hurley) that would rank alongside. Heppell may change that this year.

Keep embarrassing yourself, mate.

He's totally right. Who besides Hurley deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as those Melbourne players? Not a single one and you know it. Suffer.

Nobody does. Melbourne are the greatest team ever and there is no way in the world that other clubs have good young players.

Pears and Zaharakis are hacks and have shown nothing compared to the likes of Garland and Gysberts.

Nobody does. Melbourne are the greatest team ever and there is no way in the world that other clubs have good young players.

Pears and *Zaharakis* are hacks and have shown nothing compared to the likes of Garland and Gysberts.
if Bombers fans are pinning there hopes on Zaharakis they're in for some pain.

Pears and Zaharakis are hacks and have shown nothing compared to the likes of Garland and Gysberts.

yeah he said he's not including those players. It's funny how many people on this site can't actually read.

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne $1.65 to make the 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back