Melbourne $1.65 to make the 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Scully is using Melbourne to kick start his career for GWS.

Melbourne are way under the odds, should be 2000 dollars for the flag, and 60 dollars for the top 4.

Give me 10 youngsters of my choice from a combined Melbourne/Essendon team, and the only Bombers I'd take would be Hurley and Pears. And I'd only take Hurley if I could use him as a forward, because Frawley and Pears > Hurley and Frawley/Pears as defenders.

A lot of people talk a lot of crap without actually knowing facts.

See Below.

Also, Melbourne has a pretty small fanbase, typically not considered to be major gamblers (which is more refined to the middle and lower class), which may indicate that a lot of bets placed on the Demons have come from non-Melbourne supporting people.

The most ridiculous thing ive ever read on BF. Long live the Range Rover Dee's supporter who turns up to 1 game year. You absolute goose.

WTF is thread on about, $1.65 is shit value, now West Coast on the other hand is paying $5 to make the eight.

I wouldn't touch us at $50. No chance. Be lucky to make it out of the bottom 4 this year. I wouldn't be going near Melbourne either though, they wont make the 8 despite their easy draw and the irrelevant wins last night.

Agree re the ignore TAB Sportsbet calls here as they are clearly a joke with their appalling percentages but Centrebet has Melbourne at $1.64 and North at $3.25.

Admittedly I don't know a lot re the Dees draw but is there that much difference between the sides for one to be half the odds of the other (especially when NM beat Melb twice last season)?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd put cash on the Dees at maybe $1.80ish. I'm tipping top 4 but I'm fairly risk averse when betting.

Wouldn't touch the eagles for the 8. Or for that matter, GC, bris, Essendon, port or Richmond.

:thumbsu:

WTF is thread on about, $1.65 is shit value, now West Coast on the other hand is paying $5 to make the eight.

Suck it up butter cup!:)
Savant.

Under $2, or anywhere near equal odds with Freo would be utterly, utterly ridiculous.
They've won about 16 games under Bailey in 3 years!!!

Hawthorn shorter than Cats???? Wha???

I'd take Port at $5, I'd look at Essendon if they got that far out too, but not for under $4.
IMHO should be very, very evenly matched.
I wouldn't take Port.

Interesting given that they got rid of McDonald who didn't appear to want out, and it certainly didn't look like the retirement was on his terms.

Can't blame the loss of Bruce, I wouldn't have extended his contract either but the lack of Bailey's favourite word: competitiveness, against the Eagles must be troubling.

Forget finals, at this stage they'll be lucky to be on 22 prem points by the end of June.

Do you have any idea of the rubbish we've removed from our list in the last 3 years ?

When I look at our young talent in Scully, Trengove, Watts, Grimes, Frawley, Morton, Jurrah to name a few (won't include Gysberts, Garland, MacKenzie, Tapscott, Blease, etc :eek:) Essendon have only one young player (Hurley) that would rank alongside. Heppell may change that this year.

It's going to be a very long season for you chump. :)

He's totally right. Who besides Hurley deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as those Melbourne players? Not a single one and you know it. Suffer.

if Bombers fans are pinning there hopes on Zaharakis they're in for some pain.

Melbourne has ten times the better younger players

this

face it Bombers , you're cooked

This thread is hilarious.

Melbourne supporters have been put back into their rightful place.

anyone who thought the dees would make the 8 after the experience we lost last year know stuff all about football we are about where i thought we would be way 2 inconsistent, and now injuries taking there toll, second half of the year will be better than our 1st will finish around 10th imo

I didn't think Melbourne would make the 8

The club stated that 10 wins was one of their key markers for season 2011, and at the moment with us winning just under 50% of our games it looks like it is definitely a possibility

The media hyped us up ridiculously all pre season as a contender, although to be fair the main protagonists were the ones that had never played a game of footy or have been out for a while ie. Caro.

12-8th is a pass mark from where i stand, with around 10 wins

Dead right. I think Hutchy had us Top 4:rolleyes:

ms1l.jpg

Extremely tough month ahead for the Dees. Saints, Carlton, Essendon, Collingwood..

Yep and now we have 7 best 22 players missing!!! Plus a backup ruckman

This run with injuries could not have come at a worse time :(

2 wins would make me ridiculously happy

We must give some of our untried talent and opportunity

I put a $k on Adl @ $3.

That seems a waste of money

North are $3.25 at centrebet, massive value

Not really

Just put a fair bit on Port.

Didnt realize we were that long odds.

Oops

Unlikely that Melbourne or North will make the 8.

Sydney a very safe bet, Port at $5 is very good, worth putting money on either two.

Sydney yes, Port no

LOL at Carlton believing they will finish higher than Melbourne in 2011.

LOL at you thinking otherwise

I love hindsight :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne $1.65 to make the 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back