Racing Melbourne Cup 2017

Your choice for the cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Typical Lloyd run how exactly? Because Green Moon went shit in a Cox Plate once?
His horses flop all the time for no reason regardless, but yeah in hindsight I'm not surprised he went like that after improving so sharply 1st>2nd up.

Provided there's no injury to the horse, I'm ignoring it. Humidor too, though slightly different as you might not think he wants 2400m etc. but I think he'll improve as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You guys righting him off based off that??

If he was trained by anyone other than Lloyd (oh hai there Vic stewards) I'd be putting a line through him. Lloyd can run them dead though - will be in all multiples but doubt I could back him straight out as fave on that run now that he is going straight to the Cup.

Very rare for the Cup winner to come in and win off a lead up run where they raced backwards - Lloyds and Bart's pretty much the only ones that do it.

Not sure what anyone really expected with Almandin yesterday. There was nothing to achieve. A.Star was always going to be ahead of him from that draw, no point flogging him to beat her.

I'd say the punters who smashed him into $2.00 probably expected a win? :p

Couldn't even beat his tearaway stablemate and the OTI horse that looks a nice Lavazza Long Black prospect.

The only people talking up the performance must be people who now have unders antepost.

Almost every Cup winner in recent memory is on an upward trajectory into the race. This 'natural regression' bullshit that is all over the interwebz is complete garbage. He was disappointing.

I'd say the punters who smashed him into $2.00 probably expected a win? :p

Couldn't even beat his tearaway stablemate and the OTI horse that looks a nice Lavazza Long Black prospect.

The only people talking up the performance must be people who now have unders antepost.

Almost every Cup winner in recent memory is on an upward trajectory into the race. This 'natural regression' bullshit that is all over the interwebz is complete garbage. He was disappointing.

Tend to agree. Still have him as the top pick but I wasn't impressed Saturday, plus Oliver gives me the you know whats. I'd rather Bowman be on board.

That said this is a year where you don't have any Makybe Diva's so maybe Almandin can turn it around. Happy to take $7-8 bucks to find out, rather than taking a few Hail Mary's on horses I don't know whether they will run over here.

Tend to agree. Still have him as the top pick but I wasn't impressed Saturday, plus Oliver gives me the you know whats. I'd rather Bowman be on board.

That said this is a year where you don't have any Makybe Diva's so maybe Almandin can turn it around. Happy to take $7-8 bucks to find out, rather than taking a few Hail Mary's on horses I don't know whether they will run over here.

There hasn't been any Makybe Divas in any year since, well.... Makybe Diva.

Surprised too see Red Cardinal not nominated for the Herbet Power this weekend, though Wohler would go down Protectionest route
Was it quarantine timing issues?

Remove this Banner Ad

Racing Melbourne Cup 2017

Back