Racing Melbourne Cup 2018 and all Cup Day discussion.(Posting of bets after the race will be carded)

The winner is.....

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

For mine that becomes either Cross Counter or Magic Circle as I’ve got a line through Avilius, don’t think finishes top 5 let alone top 3. So that becomes a 33% chance for me that one of those two horses beats home at least 19 other runners.:think:
Not keen on Avilius either but if you're getting $3 on any of those three being in the top 5 that has to be a great bet IMO

Sportsbet are doing $3 for Avilius/Cross Counter or Magic Circle to run top 5 in the cup. Surely this is great odds seeing as they are around $2.25 just to place?? Max Bet is like $250 as well. Thoughts?

Think that's incorrect or you've worded it wrong...

Its $3 the place per horse. You don't get all three horses.

I know that. It’s $3 Per horse to run top 5 not any of them. I just worded it wrong.

No wonder couldn’t find a market, struck me as odd anyway that they’d have a pre post top 5 market.

Massive difference. If Betfair run a top 5 market when the field is finalised you’ll prob get better than $3.

Last edited:
Duretto out of the Cup.

sandra-sully-138053.jpg

I like Youngstar. She will stay the trip. She looks like the horse you want to be on. Screaming out for the two miles. Other hyped commodities like Yucatan won't run the two miles. Avilius is an interesting runner. Can switch off. Will need to. Its in that the race up to its ears. Youngstar should be winning though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like Youngstar. She will stay the trip. She looks like the horse you want to be on. Screaming out for the two miles. Other hyped commodities like Yucatan won't run the two miles. Avilius is an interesting runner. Can switch off. Will need to. Its in that the race up to its ears. Youngstar should be winning though.

No mare has run a place since Makybe Diva won in 2005.

Can’t see Youngstar beating the Europeans myself, upset if does.

Avilius I give no hope, can sprint when needed but confident won’t see 3200.

Why does Youngstar stay 2 miles but Yucatan doesnt?

I couldn’t disagree with all of these points more if I tried. I give Youngstar zero chance of turning around the Caulfield form. Also NFI on what basis she is screaming out for 2 miles. I’ll be leaving her out of everything

Wot will you be leaving in ?

I’ll know once the final field is settled. No point tipping a whole bunch of horses who aren’t even going to start ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Racing Melbourne Cup 2018 and all Cup Day discussion.(Posting of bets after the race will be carded)

Back