Racing Melbourne Cup 2018 and all Cup Day discussion.(Posting of bets after the race will be carded)

The winner is.....

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Having a go at A Prince of arran, it ticks all the right boxes for me.

Any betting sites with some good promos for tomorrow? i wouldnt mind a few free bets haha

Having a go at A Prince of arran, it ticks all the right boxes for me.

Any betting sites with some good promos for tomorrow? i wouldnt mind a few free bets haha

Sports has MB 23 on the Cup (and races 1 and 2)
Beteasy has MB234 on the Cup
TAB has MB23 on Races 1,2,3,4

Lol yeah nah - go back and look at some of the fields in the late 80s through to mid 90s - they are absolute garbage. Even some of the fields the Diva beat up on were very ordinary.

The internationals have saved the race from becoming completely ho hum - WTF would prefer to have Auvray, Zacada and Sir Charles Road fighting it out for favoritism tomorrow.

Without internationals Kings Will Dream and Youngstar could have quinella'd the Caulfield Cup. Their WFA form was superb and that form was good enough for 100 years and the 95% of Melb Cup fans who don't watch races from the Curragh know the background of these horses and the story/romance of it all builds.
For the character of the race I'd much rather have Youngstar and Kings Will Dream fighting out favouritism over Venegeur Masque, Ace High and Gallic Chieftan, Rising Red, Tally, Jon Snow, WSTB etc.
It's not like the Internationals are making it the best staying test on the planet either - we're not getting the cream over here.
There is no bigger character in racing than Bart Cummings. He is known to just about every Aussie over the age of 30. Everybody knows Makybe Diva, Winx, Waller etc. How many non racing people are going to remember the names Gerard Mosse, Aidan OBrien in years to come? Race is losing its character. Its never been about world beaters making it a great race, its been about the storylines and "Virtually unknowne European also ran you will never hear about again wins Cup' is not a great storyline.
'QLD Oaks winner and Wallers No2 mare behind Winx wins cup' is a much better story. Youngstar probably isn't as good as a 3200 horse like Cliffsofmoher buts its the character of the race that loses out. The Melb Cup has never been about class, thats what the Cox Plate is for.

I wouldn't classify beating Trap For Fools around a length 'superb' WFA form myself.

And you realise Kings Will Dream is a European import himself? lel

Come on he just wants the might of Aurvray winning a Cup lol

Call me nuts but I prefer to have better horses win and same with you Paris.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Racing Melbourne Cup 2018 and all Cup Day discussion.(Posting of bets after the race will be carded)

Back