• 19 – SHE’S IDEEL (20)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 20 – FUTURE SCORE (15)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

What about if HAMISH blows them away
If Haggas sends it down , not even in consideration?

It's not entered.

SONNYBOYLISTON is the only remotely good enough to even be considered - the others are absolute walkers

31s pre race was a nice bet. The 11s now is gross.

It was essentially a two horse race last night that went to market expectations and definitely didn't warrant this sort of odds crunch.

Enjoy if you're on already but hard to see it being a bet proposition at any point in the future

31s pre race was a nice bet. The 11s now is gross.

It was essentially a two horse race last night that went to market expectations and definitely didn't warrant this sort of odds crunch.

Enjoy if you're on already but hard to see it being a bet proposition at any point in the future
Got on at 41’s so I’m happy with that

Got on at 41’s so I’m happy with that

I think incentivise has a chance to be something we haven’t seen for a while in Australia but this guy looks second best to me.

Incentivise also comes with a huge range of possibilities where he might not be good enough where’s this guy much more firm type of horse/performance you’d expect from him.

Nope its dead flat.

Here are the horses you can pen straight away from a Melbourne Cup perspective because they are lining up in the Slowbor tonight

SONNYBOYLISTON
MIRANN
AWAY HE GOES
EAGLES BY DAY
MAKAWEE

I misread this, so just backed the first horse you listed

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think incentivise has a chance to be something we haven’t seen for a while in Australia but this guy looks second best to me.

Incentivise also comes with a huge range of possibilities where he might not be good enough where’s this guy much more firm type of horse/performance you’d expect from him.
Incentivise a big query at 2 miles. By Shamus Award out of a sprinting mare that ran second in the Gimcrack over 1000m.

Incentivise a big query at 2 miles. By Shamus Award out of a sprinting mare that ran second in the Gimcrack over 1000m.

Potentially yeah, however on breeding Shamus shouldn’t have won a cox plate either. Gimcracks stayers can perform as it’s literally first race of the 2yo season. Didn’t Criterion win over 1000m early on or was it just the opal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah that was enjoyable reading and good discussion

I've just received a DM:

SONNYBOYLISTON was an OUTSTANDING CUP TRIAL and looks thrown in at the Weights as an Ebor winner.

Someone else can calculate his dosage nonsense.

Conclusive proof that posting after a few morning cans is not recommended

Not sure that's true - I'd want to be 2-3 slabs deep before biting my own nuts off

Last weekend in August means its time to kick off Paris's world famous and eagerly awaited POWER RANKINGS!!!!

1 - Sir Lucan ($24 betfair) - Clear top seed as a lightly raced 3yo that has run well in the Gordon Stakes and Great Voltigeur - has the perfect profile to be right in the finish at Flemington
2 - Dawn Patrol ($19.50) - Out of the deadly Lloyd/Joseph combo a lightly raced 4yo that was just nutted in a Group 3 at the Curragh before being shipped over. Shapes as one very unexposed that could end up thrown in at the weights
3 - Verry Elleegant ($32) - Australia's best staying mare since the Diva was huge in this last year in a race nothing from the back could get into - a more positive ride in a weaker edition sees her easily as the best local hope.
4 - Surefire ($55) - Will most likely need to win somewhere to get in but another lightly raced 3yo who was an impressive winner of the King George V at Royal Ascot
5 - Spanish Mission ($15) - Looks a moral to run top 5 but like all Lonsdale Cup types it will be plodding home in the straight and at least a few will have a superior turn of foot to beat it.
6 - Lone Eagle ($500) - Obviously this is close to a moral if it comes but like people laughably tipping up Al Aasy for the Caulfield Cup - it won't. Goes in at #6 in case it gets purchased by locals.
7 - Prince of Arran ($48) - Same as every year - will run well but a couple more will run better.
8 - Baron Samedi ($65) - 4yo who has won 7 from 11 and beat Master of Reality first up. Concerningly flogged by French slowies last start though
9 - Sir Dragonet ($130) - would be clear second pick of the locals but they are on some crazy Japan Cup plan - hopefully that changes
10 - Twilight Payment ($36) - never been one of mine but won it with brilliant ride last year and looked back to near his best winning in Ireland last start

Remove this Banner Ad

Racing Melbourne Cup 2021 - Dedicated Raceday thread

Back