News Melbourne player accused of sexual assault

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

So I’ve known about this for a little while now - won’t name the player but basically, the sex was consensual and not the first time between the pair I believe. Said player then, without permission, changed his destination by a few cm... if you know what I’m saying.

I hope that's not accurate, for all involved :( If she said stop and he didn't, then that's rape.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This and cancelling the boot camp means we are winning the off season, right?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
We totally are.

I resent it. Off-season is usually the most positive and uplifting time of the year for me as a Demons supporter, then it wears off once we start playing games. This time we don't even make it to Christmas for everything to go pear shaped.

TBH, in general 2017 has been a horrible year for me. 2018 has to be an improvement on every front and I'm pinning my hopes on it working out that way for the club also.

I’m a little shocked by the lack of care shown in here for the victim.

Let’s hope she’s OK, first and foremost.

(This isn’t a dig at a rival club, hopefully we can all see how a crime like this is FAR more important than team colours.)
As with everything, it is a case of letting the facts of the matter come out.

Wow just wow.
How do I just keep getting kick in the nuts everytime I go to get up.

Please make it stop
Would have been better if someone else got kicked in the nuts

(This isn’t a dig at a rival club, hopefully we can all see how a crime like this is FAR more important than team colours.)

Of course we wil be concerned if any alleged assault actually occurred.

Right now, we have no facts other than that a complaint has been raised and an insinuation that it was possibly a case of consensual intercourse, during which a complication arose.

You are making assumptions that a crime has been committed. You are even presuming it's a female.

Don't jump the gun with your shock and outrage - it is very dangerous.

At the moment we know absolutely nothing about what is going on. Anyone committing such an act that could be labelled as sexual assault is of course indefensible and the action is abhorrent. However, you can't expect a group of people to show much concern over an incident in which a person we know absolutely nothing about who has accused another person we don't know the identity of, of a crime we have no details of.

Therefore there is really no point in discussing this topic any further outside of the general cliches of "I hope the accusation is false" or "This sucks and is going to disrupt the club". The only alternative to that is rumour-mongering which helps no one and will simply muddy the waters and could turn into a witch-hunt.

I think it's unfair to start judging people for not correctly responding to an incident when there is no information at this stage of anything that may or may not have occured.

Last edited:

Take your passive aggressive bullshit elsewhere champ, we have literally no information on this except that a player is being investigated.

At the moment we know absolutely nothing about what is going on. Anyone committing such an act that could be labelled as sexual assault is of course indefensible and the action is abhorrent. However, you can't expect a group of people to show much concern over an incident in which a person we know absolutely nothing about who has accused another person we don't know the identity of, of a crime we have no details of.

Therefore there is really no point in discussing this topic any further outside of the general cliches of "I hope the accusation is false" or "This sucks and is going to disrupt the club". The only alternative to that is rumour-mongering which helps no one and will simply muddy the waters and could turn into a witch-hunt.

I think it's unfair to start judging people for not correctly responding to an incident when there is no information at this stage of anything that may or may not have occured.

I was trying to say it like this, but you said it better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back