Melbourne v Gold Coast @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Better then hawthorn's theme song
Hawthorn's song is so good that your club decided they would rip off the "one for all and all for one" line. Except our song is awesome to sing loud and proud and HAPPY after a win, whereas Brisbane's compromised, re-written abomination is lame by comparison. Fitzroy fans should never have allowed that atrocity.

I reckon they got the same douche to write the words.

We are the pride of Brisbane town
We wear maroo-oooon,
Blue and gold
We will always fight for victory
Like Fitzroy and Bears of old :D
All for one (all for one)
And one for all
We will answer to the call :oops:
Go Lions
Brisbane Lions
We'll kick the winning score :oops:
You'll hear our mighty roar! :eek:

We are the suns of the Gold Coast sky
We are one in the red, gold and blue
We are the mighty Gold Coast Suns
We play to win the flag for you :oops:
Fight! Fight! Fight! Till we hold up the cup :oops:
Run, run, run all the way :oops:
Hey! :D:thumbsu:

We are the suns of the Gold Coast sky
We're the team who never say die!

Worst AFL songs, worse than Freo, Heave-Ho
  1. We're The Big Birds (Kings of the Big Game)
  2. Run, Run, Run, All the Way
  3. Like Fitzroy and Bears Of Old…

That was not a free to Ablett. At all.
Amen. Seemed to be payed against McKenzie for facing the wrong way despite him neither holding nor obstructing Ablett. Ablett actually initiated contact not the other way around.

Well done Collingwood and McCaffer. You ruined it tagging for everyone else and all to stop Cotchin and an abysmal Richmond. What a waste

That was not a free to Ablett. At all.

An extreme over correction to last week. Soft as shit. If they are gonna pay that consistently they will be paying 10 free kicks at every stoppage. We didn't deserve the win anyway.

Horrible first half particularly by Melbourne. Should've been 8 goals down (or 6 if Dawes missed 2 sodas as well).

Pretty even contest the second half.

At least we fought enough to get back in the game. Rubbish free kick to Ablett. Rubbish goal review to Frawley. But yes bad games get bad umpires why shoul it not include the TV umpire.

Jack Watts. I just don't know what to do about this guy. VFL for a month might be the way to go. The talent is often there. The physicality isn't. It's so sad to see him chase and run down someone and then not lay a tackle. Or get forward and have a pretty easy mark on offer but he just reaches for it with his hands instead of getting the body in there. Your move Paul Roos.

The Ablett free is not equal to the Frawley free, Ablett still had the skill to kick the goal. Frawley kicks it to the top of the square and it gets punched through and lands over the line, it gets cross-examined, and still gets called a goal. GC should have won by much more, they were very wasteful with their opportunities. Need Bennell and Dixon back in the team badly.

I love Dawes - he was crucial for us in 2010 and I honestly wished him well at Melbourne. He has a great motor for a big man and does some really smart things (his 2010 GF replay game was excellent, the bumps and tap ons were superb), but unfortunately he cannot mark overhead.

I feel for you guys, you copped a pretty raw deal today.
Yeah i know he can't mark overhead, twas funny he managed to fluke one just as you made that comment though.

The Ablett free is not equal to the Frawley free, Ablett still had the skill to kick the goal. Frawley kicks it to the top of the square and it gets punched through and lands over the line, it gets cross-examined, and still gets called a goal. GC should have won by much more, they were very wasteful with their opportunities. Need Bennell and Dixon back in the team badly.
harley is our glue

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Brisbane Bears theme song is the best theme written ever. Period.

We're the very best team you've ever seen, we're the Brisbane Bears!

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne v Gold Coast @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back