News Melbourne's Next Coach - Roos for 2-3 years with a succession plan

WHO DO YOU WANT?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eade seems very "with it" still in regards to football. He is good on that Fox Footy show where they talk tactics n shit. Roos will see us get 40K members next year though.

Also how will Collingwood feel when we take another one of their staff lol.

Good point about the membership. Getting Roos would more than pay for itself in that department.

Roos retired.

And the MFC has said that they are really only interested in experienced senior coaches.
Neeld now has experience as a senior coach. ;)

As it should be, an untried coach will be under immense pressure with little to no grace given. An experienced coach will get a bit more latitude, no idea why they should. The media have been pushing the idea we must get a coach with experience so if we give them that I think they'll be inclined to side with him & start writing about all the magical changes hes making around the club.

Never heard a coach come in & say that before. :confused:

Eade seems very "with it" still in regards to football. He is good on that Fox Footy show where they talk tactics n shit. Roos will see us get 40K members next year though.

Also how will Collingwood feel when we take another one of their staff lol.

This is the same thing I was thinking about in regards to coaches...and the difference between putting in an experienced coach people buy into instead of another assistant coach who promises the world and delivers an atlas.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Mark Harvey's name come into the frame a bit more over the next few weeks.

Gut feeling is that Roos probably won't happen, and it'll be one of Williams and Eade. But, Harvey's a smoky.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Mark Harvey's name come into the frame a bit more over the next few weeks.

Gut feeling is that Roos probably won't happen, and it'll be one of Williams and Eade. But, Harvey's a smoky.

No chance for 2 reasons....

1. He was an average coach at best
2. He doesnt get along with Peter Jackson

I think Roos is a real chance to come to you guys and talk about him being tentative about accepting the offer is his tactical response to get through the inevitable barrage of questioning he was expecting.

He didn't slip up like Hird did last year though (when he said 'I'm not interest in that club' it gave it away - classic lie language). But he is constantly asked about it and if he didn't want it, he could very easily distinguish that flame completely. The fact he has left the door ajar means he is considering the job.

Would be a good get for you :thumbsu:

excuse my intrusion....
Choco Williams - Coach
Dean Laidely - Asst Coach
whatever changes required at Football Dept (I know nothing about FD's)

with Paul Roos / Swans no d***head mantra...

that would sort out the men and the boys at MFC...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has 11 weeks to show what he can do with this group , not sure if he has said he is interested or not TBO
I thought we played better last week than we have in 18 months under Neeld, we could get our hands on the ball and what was even better was that we could control it for periods of the game. Skills still let us down, but I was more impressed last week than I have been for 18 months

I thought we played better last week than we have in 18 months under Neeld, we could get our hands on the ball and what was even better was that we could control it for periods of the game. Skills still let us down, but I was more impressed last week than I have been for 18 months

In a funny way I was frustrated watching us because I felt like we had chances to really hit the scoreboard hard and we didn't take them , but I wasn't sitting there going , the boys aren't trying , we have no plan , why is there 30 blokes free etc

It was a real game of footy where we really took to an opposition for a little

In a funny way I was frustrated watching us because I felt like we had chances to really hit the scoreboard hard and we didn't take them , but I wasn't sitting there going , the boys aren't trying , we have no plan , why is there 30 blokes free etc

It was a real game of footy where we really took to an opposition for a little

Agreed, I would rather be getting frustrated that we can't finish things off, rather than watching a game thinking why do we have 12 blokes on the field and they have 28?

To be fair he was probably just answering a question put to him
But yeah he wouldn't be in the top 10

Undoubtedly answering a question put to him.

I'm sure every person who has had senior coaching experience will be asked pointlessly by the media

Better answer would've been "haven't been approached, haven't applied etc."

Top Ten? top 100. He was a train wreck at port

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back