News Melbourne's Next Coach - Roos for 2-3 years with a succession plan

WHO DO YOU WANT?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Neil Craig

''It's really easy in our situation to fall into the mentality that it doesn't matter, it's all about development,'' Craig said on Friday.
''I can argue development can also be about winning attitude and to play with that winning attitude irrespective of the scoreboard.
''I think you had a great example last week with Brisbane Lions versus Geelong.
''The Brisbane Lions played with a winning attitude and it actually got them back in the game and got them a fantastic result.
''If they'd gone into just purely development mode they probably wouldn't have got that result.
''So that's something we actually want to push to our playing group.''

Craigy might not be the right guy but those words already speak volumes of his mentality
Maybe the boys will respond to him , I think he is viewed way too harshly on what he achieved at Adelaide , he's still in the top 10 for w/l in afl history , and he will be much wiser than before

From Neil Craig

''It's really easy in our situation to fall into the mentality that it doesn't matter, it's all about development,'' Craig said on Friday.
''I can argue development can also be about winning attitude and to play with that winning attitude irrespective of the scoreboard.
''I think you had a great example last week with Brisbane Lions versus Geelong.
''The Brisbane Lions played with a winning attitude and it actually got them back in the game and got them a fantastic result.
''If they'd gone into just purely development mode they probably wouldn't have got that result.
''So that's something we actually want to push to our playing group.''

Craigy might not be the right guy but those words already speak volumes of his mentality
Maybe the boys will respond to him , I think he is viewed way too harshly on what he achieved at Adelaide , he's still in the top 10 for w/l in afl history , and he will be much wiser than before
I'm warming to Craig

Craig ought to be closing in on favoritism for your mob now..

Definitely an improvement on Neeld, but then again that's not much of a hurdle to get over. I think there are other options that need to be explored, and there are still 8 games left for Craig to show his stuff. He's improved his standing in things, but is far from favourite at this stage.

Craig is very good at what he does...there's no doubt. He's awaking a confidence and work rate in this young group that we haven't seen for a while. He has the ability to truly shine under pressure, and seems to revel in the role of being a senior coach. He speaks incredibly well, and has a fantastic understanding of football. Let's not forget how good he was at Adelaide.

If he isn't chosen, I would really like him to stay around in a support role regardless, provided he can actually have a positive influence in a support role. I think it's fair to say that he wasn't able to have much positive, or evident influence in his role under Neeld. Perhaps he was a bit complacent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want my team to win a flag.

Do you know if Roos doesn't either?
Lease read the chain of events before responding next time.

Someone said throw a bucket load of cash at Roos to entice him into wanting to coach and I simply said I would rather a coach who wants to coach us, not one who wants a ridiculous amount of money to interest him (if that is indeed the case)

If it isn't Roos or Choco, surely we throw Craig a bone. If the players like him, and he plays Jack Watts at FF, think Neil is a better option than a non-Premiership coach like Eade or Harvey.

My thoughts on Neil Craig have changed after the weekend. I hope that his philosophy is along the lines of that attacking flair we have lacked for 18 months. combine that with discipline defensive work and we might have our man

Had a long hard think about the coaching situation and think i would prefer Choco over Roos. Neil Craig has shown that the dees best footy is attacking footy, which we also had under Bailiey. Craig has tweaked the gameplan, so we are also accountable, but are keen to hurt sides on the turnover (which is the current trend in modern gameplans). Roos defensive mindset may not get any better result than Neeld as this group are just not suited to playing that style.
I think i would prefer to save the cash and either give Craig a 1 year contract or get Choco at a third of the cost of Roos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back