News Melbourne's Next Coach - Roos for 2-3 years with a succession plan

WHO DO YOU WANT?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep agree think that Bassett would be a great choice certainly has turned Norwood into a powerhouse. Hasn't been that long out of the AFL system either so you'd think it would be a smooth transition for him.

Yep agree think that Bassett would be a great choice certainly has turned Norwood into a powerhouse. Hasn't been that long out of the AFL system either so you'd think it would be a smooth transition for him.
I get a sense that MFC might be looking more at someone who has experience as a senior coach AFL level.... Call it reading between the lines or just a gut feel, but I have been thinking this ever since PJ said "we are looking for someone who has experience as a senior coach at AFL level"

May have read that one wrong so please continue to suggest untried coaches that the club would be comfortable putting its existence in.

Melbourne might find it very hard to get any coach, now being under investigation again.

Melbourne might find it very hard to get any coach, now being under investigation again.
If all their players were let off, how can 1 of ours not? Furthermore, anyone associated with the club and that form of activity (should it have occurred) is gone now. We didn't do anything like Essendon.

If all their players were let off, how can 1 of ours not? Furthermore, anyone associated with the club and that form of activity (should it have occurred) is gone now. We didn't do anything like Essendon.

Not sure what you're getting at, I didn't mention the players? I said coach.

Our players were injected by Dank also. It's not just about Trengoves cream. Haven't you read the text messages in the media?

We might have better bookkeeping.

If it happens, I'd stop supporting the club. It turns out water is thicker than blood sometimes. No enjoyment.

Under which coach did this apparently happen? Bailey? Punish him then......

Dank had minor contact with the club. It wasn't nearly the same as the Essendon case. Didn't he also have contact with some other clubs as well? Why aren't they looking into Collingwood after The Weapon's statements? Please.

Everyone associated with the club during the time of their investigating has gone. Connolly is already banned. What are they going to do...extend it? Oh no. Fine us? Pay them with what...their money? Take away our draft picks when they're trying to help us find a coach, and make sure we don't fold? Yep.

In saying all of this, the amount of evidence against the MFC in regards to this is minimal at best. Talk about Essendon wanting to take them to court....we'd destroy them in court if they tried to mount a case against us.

All your posts seem to be anti-Melbourne. Serious question...are you a troll, or just incredibly pessimistic?

Not everyone at the club is gone...this happened last summer. McLardy, Schwab, Neeld and Bates are gone. Craig is meant to have been involved and he's still around.

Not everyone at the club is gone...this happened last summer. McLardy, Schwab, Neeld and Bates are gone. Craig is meant to have been involved and he's still around.

I can totally see it now !

The mfc would like to announce the appointment of Neil Craig on a 2 year contract to coach the Melbourne football club

24 hours later

The mfc accepts the 12 month ban for Neil Craig and has begun the search for a new head coach , Bryan royal will coach the side for the 2014 season

All your posts seem to be anti-Melbourne. Serious question...are you a troll, or just incredibly pessimistic?

??? Serious question, are you being stupid?

If you could send me my posts where I'm anti-Melbourne that would be appreciated. Cheers.

By the way, I'm not a dreamer, just honest and tell it like it is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

none of that read as a troll. To be honest - I had the EXACT same thought. Pile more and more shit on a gold nugget, people will end up forgetting there's a gold nugget there and think it's just a pile of shit, know what I'm saying?

Under which coach did this apparently happen? Bailey? Punish him then......

Dank had minor contact with the club. It wasn't nearly the same as the Essendon case. Didn't he also have contact with some other clubs as well? Why aren't they looking into Collingwood after The Weapon's statements? Please.

Everyone associated with the club during the time of their investigating has gone. Connolly is already banned. What are they going to do...extend it? Oh no. Fine us? Pay them with what...their money? Take away our draft picks when they're trying to help us find a coach, and make sure we don't fold? Yep.

In saying all of this, the amount of evidence against the MFC in regards to this is minimal at best. Talk about Essendon wanting to take them to court....we'd destroy them in court if they tried to mount a case against us.

You seem to have a poor understanding of the situation.

Neeld

Dank injected most players. This may have been multi vitamins but the fact he injected most of our players is concerning.

He had contact with Cronulla also.

Weapon is a weapon.

Craig is still at the club, our senior coach & candidate.

Fine us you say, that would kill us.

Taking of draft picks may be possible. That would be the death of us.

The AFL aren't helping us to find a coach.

Yes they are trying to help us and as I've said in previous posts I think they'd be keen to kick it under the table, still willing to help, however if ASADA get involved and we are found guilty of something then AFL must act. I'm positive that we've done no wrong however if you've learnt anything from the EFC saga then it can easily go bad quickly.

Were our Injections experimental? Does the untrustworthy Dank know what he was doing? Was the AOD cream that Trengove used AOD9604? Why has Trengove and his family been upset since it happened?
Yes the amount of evidence against Melbourne is minimal compared to Essendon, obviously, as they haven't even started the investigation yet in comparison.

Now back on topic, if there is an AFL/ASADA investigation hanging over our heads we will find it extremely hard to find a quality coach.

The funniest part is the AFL would have to give us a $$$ handout so that we could take them to court and sue them for more $$$'s.

I thought only a couple of players, (dunn, jamar) received injections and Trengove got the cream?

May be wrong

If any of our players took banned substances - get them out of the club, as well as any coach (Craig) involved

You seem to have a poor understanding of the situation.

Neeld

Dank injected most players. This may have been multi vitamins but the fact he injected most of our players is concerning.

He had contact with Cronulla also.

Weapon is a weapon.

Craig is still at the club, our senior coach & candidate.

Fine us you say, that would kill us.

Taking of draft picks may be possible. That would be the death of us.

The AFL aren't helping us to find a coach.

Yes they are trying to help us and as I've said in previous posts I think they'd be keen to kick it under the table, still willing to help, however if ASADA get involved and we are found guilty of something then AFL must act. I'm positive that we've done no wrong however if you've learnt anything from the EFC saga then it can easily go bad quickly.

Were our Injections experimental? Does the untrustworthy Dank know what he was doing? Was the AOD cream that Trengove used AOD9604? Why has Trengove and his family been upset since it happened?
Yes the amount of evidence against Melbourne is minimal compared to Essendon, obviously, as they haven't even started the investigation yet in comparison.

Now back on topic, if there is an AFL/ASADA investigation hanging over our heads we will find it extremely hard to find a quality coach.

You haven't read what I've written here, or elsewhere, properly. I agree with you on many points. Furthermore a lot of what you said is negative speculation, nothing more, which led me to my earlier question. Realism and pessimism...fine line. However, you're entitled to your opinion, and may end up being proven correct. The 'experiment', if it were to have occurred, would have started its legs during the Bailey era most likely. And as much as I like Craig, he won't be the difference between us succeeding or not should he have to go. Once again though, that's a major speculation.

You haven't read what I've written here, or elsewhere, properly. I agree with you on many points. Furthermore a lot of what you said is negative speculation, nothing more, which led me to my earlier question. Realism and pessimism...fine line. However, you're entitled to your opinion, and may end up being proven correct. The 'experiment', if it were to have occurred, would have started it's legs during the Bailey era most likely. And as much as I like, he won't be the difference between us succeeding or not should he have to go. Once again though, that's a major speculation.

Most of what I've written is factual, which is why I like realism. I'm not pessimistic, just concerned and not as blasé as you. No I haven't read your previous posts, the first one I saw said enough for me. But continue on. I've worn my heart on my sleeve for this club and for you to come out and say I'm a troll and anti Melbourne is purely pathetic.

The fact of the matter is, as anyone would agree, which I have stated is, Melbourne are going to find it hard to find a quality coach while there's an AFL/ASADA investigation hanging over us, regardless of how much positive spin anyone puts on it.

I think if Roos is considering our offer it could affect his decision because I feel he is hanging out for some sweet draft picks, but otherwise I don't think the any supplement issue would have much of an effect on Eade or Williams accepting the head coach job

I think if Roos is considering our offer it could affect his decision because I feel he is hanging out for some sweet draft picks, but otherwise I don't think the any supplement issue would have much of an effect on Eade or Williams accepting the head coach job

I hope you are correct with everything in this post!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back