Membership 2014 - Final Total 66,122

Remove this Banner Ad

Groupie_ said:
You guys need to relax. Club has set the target of 75,000 because the club know that we will get it.

No questions asked. We will get 75,000.​

Yep, that's 30 years of mismanagement and disaster in a nutshell. What universe have you been in Groupie? The one where Richmond used that philosophy to win another 10 premierships with the management 'knowing' things would get better. 1983-2010. What golden era that was. So I'll just relax, because success just happens apparently.

Lol coz they'll just be sitting back doing nothing and just hoping that we'll hit 75k :rolleyes:

I agree with you Astroboy.It pains me to say it but we cant take anything for granted at Tigerland. We did have 30 years of mismanagemnet and "hoping" things would right themselves. With such a long period of mismanagement there is no doubt that we would have lost some generational support. My sone is 12 and has only just seen the tigers make their first final since he was born. With peer pressure at school for every kid that stuck with the tigers over the past 30 years how many were influenced by their friends to move to another club so they were not ridiculed.
And yes they have had every right to ridicule us. We were a basket case.

Take nothing for granted that it is just going to happen. Benny and the boys and girls need to "make it happen"

We'd be the clear biggest club (most supporters) in the land if the 30 years if poo didn't happen. As a result we are the 2nd or 3rd biggest but can definitely get back up there with an era of success

Membership: Richmond vs Hawthorn

25/01/2013 - Hawthorn had 11,286 more members.

21/01/2014 - Hawthorn had 6, 295 more members.

It's interesting to note that the gap hasn't been that substantial this time around, considering Hawthorn are the premiers. The largest gap so far for season 2014 was 7, 348 on the 20/12/2013.

Now down to a gap of 6002 after a third consecutive strong day for the Tigers

100 per day worse than the same time last year - its good but not good enough.

But also approx. 12,000 members ahead of same time last year as well.
We have averaged just under 400 per day for the past 3 days. If - and it is only an if -we comtinued at that daily rate over lets say 6 days of the week (we will give Sunday as rest day) that would be 390 members x 6 days = 2340 per week. Then multiply that by 8 weeks till start of season and you get 18,700 + the 46125 we have and we are right on 65,000 by the time the season kicks off.
History shows us that we signed up 7,000 members after the season started last year ( I stand to be corrected here but think that is correct), so getting 10,000 after the first bounce in round 1 should be achievable.
I agree WATIGE that more would be much better but 400 a day would put us very close.

that would cost a pretty penny :)

I'm good for it. I'm the only person in the country who took advantage of the wealthy Nigerian prince business opportunity

burn-money-nigeria-scam-humor.jpg

But also approx. 12,000 members ahead of same time last year as well.
We have averaged just under 400 per day for the past 3 days. If - and it is only an if -we comtinued at that daily rate over lets say 6 days of the week (we will give Sunday as rest day) that would be 390 members x 6 days = 2340 per week. Then multiply that by 8 weeks till start of season and you get 18,700 + the 46125 we have and we are right on 65,000 by the time the season kicks off.
History shows us that we signed up 7,000 members after the season started last year ( I stand to be corrected here but think that is correct), so getting 10,000 after the first bounce in round 1 should be achievable.
I agree WATIGE that more would be much better but 400 a day would put us very close.

Sales only occur on five days a week.
Sales do not occur at the same rate every week - there are consistent trends that show which weeks are good and which poor.
Take a look at the second graph I have supplied - it shows the average daily sell rate for each week of sales.
Of the last five weeks of sales we have had two weeks that matched last year, one week 100/day less (500 total), one week 400 per day less - 2000 total, and one week 130/day less - 650 total meaning that in the last five weeks we have fallen over three thousand behind last year. Add the 300 we have already fallen behind in three days this week so now nearly 3.5k down.
We started out with a rolling tiger and 2014 from 2013 free sale boost that put us around 15k in front of last year - so to get from 60k to 75k we had to have the same weekly sales, week in week out, to get to the target. If that trend continues we will be lucky to get 65k total. We need to see the club getting more proactive about selling/advertising/promoting memberships.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need to see the club getting more proactive about selling/advertising/promoting memberships.
I agree with you, membership department may need to up the media exposure. Lets hope the Family Day produces a big spike.

But lets be honest, we will only hit 75,000 if our onfield results in the first 5 rounds are good wins, not like previous years (excluding 2013). If we beat Gold Coast and Carlton convincingly, the "flexi fans" will be back on board.

Sales only occur on five days a week.
Sales do not occur at the same rate every week - there are consistent trends that show which weeks are good and which poor.
Take a look at the second graph I have supplied - it shows the average daily sell rate for each week of sales.
Of the last five weeks of sales we have had two weeks that matched last year, one week 100/day less (500 total), one week 400 per day less - 2000 total, and one week 130/day less - 650 total meaning that in the last five weeks we have fallen over three thousand behind last year. Add the 300 we have already fallen behind in three days this week so now nearly 3.5k down.
We started out with a rolling tiger and 2014 from 2013 free sale boost that put us around 15k in front of last year - so to get from 60k to 75k we had to have the same weekly sales, week in week out, to get to the target. If that trend continues we will be lucky to get 65k total. We need to see the club getting more proactive about selling/advertising/promoting memberships.

Good Analysis.
Point taken

Good Analysis.
Point taken
I agree with you, membership department may need to up the media exposure. Lets hope the Family Day produces a big spike.

But lets be honest, we will only hit 75,000 if our onfield results in the first 5 rounds are good wins, not like previous years (excluding 2013). If we beat Gold Coast and Carlton convincingly, the "flexi fans" will be back on board.

Absolutly agree Fat. If have hit 65k members by round 1 it will be all about early on field performance. You can market and strategise all you want but first 5 rounds will be crucial to hitting target.
In terms of upping the advertising and promotion I trhink that will spark first week in Feb onwards. Australia day is done, kids are back at school, internaional cricket is in its final stages, NAB cup is just around the corner and people (other than the die hards on this forum) are starting to think footy again. Thats when you want to plant the promotion and marketing seed.

On the whole marketing thing i saw somewhere there was a casting call for an upcoming tv ad ... I'm not into marketing and have no idea about it but i guess that's a good start ... i don't think i can recall another club making an ad campagn except during the footy games. Will be good to see the final outcome.

On the whole marketing thing i saw somewhere there was a casting call for an upcoming tv ad ... I'm not into marketing and have no idea about it but i guess that's a good start ... i don't think i can recall another club making an ad campagn except during the footy games. Will be good to see the final outcome.

Collingwood did I think. I remember there was a parade for the convicts, deros and druggies.

Hey fat idiot

You've really livened up the membership thread :thumbsu:
Thanks Groupie_, I started reading the forums about a month ago, and I was really happy to see that so many others have the same "one eyed Richmond" debates and opinions that I share with my brother.

You know, I didn't really think that too many other people cared about such things as "how many members we had on any given date". But you guys do. It's awesome.

Man, even things like the fact that Richmond has less "likes" than Hawthorn on Facebook bother me a little bit! (So trivial, I know...).

Thanks for accepting me guys.

Thanks Groupie_, I started reading the forums about a month ago, and I was really happy to see that so many others have the same "one eyed Richmond" debates and opinions that I share with my brother.

You know, I didn't really think that too many other people cared about such things as "how many members we had on any given date". But you guys do. It's awesome.

Man, even things like the fact that Richmond has less "likes" than Hawthorn on Facebook bother me a little bit! (So trivial, I know...).

Thanks for accepting me guys.

We had more likes than them as recently as September. They picked up a shitload of likes after winning the flag. Hawks are a clear 5th for supporters in vic

Didn't buy too much into facebook likes. Most RFC supporters are older and don't even have it..

Remove this Banner Ad

Membership 2014 - Final Total 66,122

Remove this Banner Ad

Back