Membership 2014 - Final Total 66,122

Remove this Banner Ad

We are currently 3122 behind them (compared to 7480 5 weeks ago)....I say we are still on target to overtake them by around RD 1/2 on current daily differentials.

We are now 2688 behind the Hawks, slowly but surely we are reeling them in...If you haven't joined as yet please call the membership dept on 1300 742466 or join online http://membership.richmondfc.com.au/

there won't be much movement in the numbers this week after that insipid "display" on Sat. night. Will be lucky to get 1000 this week.

Friday night mate :)

Anyone go to the family day? Wonder how many would have signed up?

there won't be much movement in the numbers this week after that insipid "display" on Sat. night. Will be lucky to get 1000 this week.

I reckon everyone needs to get over it completely ignore Friday. It was a practice match where Melbourne had a lot to prove. They had nearly 200 more possessions. We played to get some touch and fitness. We didn't aim for much more than that.

do we need to be so obsessed with the Hawks numbers?

if we get our stretch target of 75k but they get 76k, does that mean our membership drive is a failure?

Focus on our own digits, what other clubs do is their own affair

if we get our stretch target of 75k but they get 76k, does that mean our membership drive is a failure?

its good to compare as we want to go past them and eventully collingwood and be the best, obviously membership revenue is more important but numbers is all we have atm

Yes, absolutely we need to keep tabs on the Hawks. It helps keep the membership tally just a little bit more interesting, for a few of us anyway.

It is not a failure if Richmond get 75K regardless how many the Hawks get, but it will make it sweeter if we get more than them!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, absolutely we need to keep tabs on the Hawks. It helps keep the membership tally just a little bit more interesting, for a few of us anyway.

It is not a failure if Richmond get 75K regardless how many the Hawks get, but it will make it sweeter if we get more than them!

Why? Hawks are not a club we have a rivalry with, they ain't the blues, pies or dons, so why care?

Given how often people here go on about how inferior their supporter base is to ours, I'm surprised we even bother to care what their numbers are.

Either they are a legit big 4 club, so matching and beating their numbers is something we should aspire to, or they are a club that pads them with cheap tassie giveaways, in which case they should be ignored

Why?

Its not entirely bout the hawks as such its about them being in 2nd spot and we in third on the membership tally, and they are the team i want to overtake nothing more, nothing less, if it was the bulldogs in 2nd or Swans id say exactly the same thing, we are X amount behind them etc etc, 2nd spot is there for the taking and once we take that we then look at No 1 in the coming years and thats the Pies....

Its not entirely bout the hawks as such its about them being in 2nd spot and we in third on the membership tally, and they are the team i want to overtake nothing more, nothing less, if it was the bulldogs in 2nd or Swans id say exactly the same thing, we are X amount behind them etc etc, 2nd spot is there for the taking and once we take that we then look at No 1 in the coming years and thats the Pies....
wot he said

what does "second spot" mean though? People complain that the Hawks contain Tassie numbers, yet are obsessed with over taking them.

Also given the differences in memberships from club to club (in terms of pricing, games, etc), its impossible to make a straight comparison anymore anyway.

When you look at money made on memberships, we are a lot further down that ladder than third, showing we have a lot more work to do to consider ourselves a top membership club with bragging rights.

until then the membership tally is good for one thing - comparing progress against previous years sales.

what does "second spot" mean though? People complain that the Hawks contain Tassie numbers, yet are obsessed with over taking them.

Also given the differences in memberships from club to club (in terms of pricing, games, etc), its impossible to make a straight comparison anymore anyway.

When you look at money made on memberships, we are a lot further down that ladder than third, showing we have a lot more work to do to consider ourselves a top membership club with bragging rights.

until then the membership tally is good for one thing - comparing progress against previous years sales.

your over-analysing. Its the simple thrill of the chase. they have a number, we have a number, we want to catch their number. nothing profound or useful or purposeful than that. They don't go out riding with the hounds on a fox hunt because they need to cull foxes.

your over-analysing. Its the simple thrill of the chase. they have a number, we have a number, we want to catch their number. nothing profound or useful or purposeful than that. They don't go out riding with the hounds on a fox hunt because they need to cull foxes.

That's my point, you're chasing the wrong number. We should be chasing our year on year numbers (kudos to the great work wa does on this), and chasing our premium numbers (do we know how reserved seats and coteries are tracking compared to last year.

The last one is often ignored, but will deliver greater profitability to the club than chasing three gamers to catch the hawks (and it is a key part of the clubs membership strategy)

My dogs a member!!! That doesn't count though and he's pissed about that :D
On a serious not, I used to have a pet membership for my dog, but its not personalised, so i didnt see the value plus what you got was not really usuable for my lab, so I cancelled it.

Wouldnt be that hard to attach your pets name to the membership I wouldn't have thought

Chill out ur making a mountain out of a mole to funny!!!....2nd spot is next cab off the rank thats it hence why some of us are pointing the numbers out....No one is trying to make comparison well im not just stating how many members we need to over take them....Happens in all walks of life, business, sport etc etc
U are over analyzing and just to answer 'money made on memberships' thats something that will improve with sustained success to offer higher packages etc but clubs like ess and carl if they were at the G their overall revenue would be lower thats a given....
At etihad Ess supporters HAVE to buy a reserved seat with their membership thus inflating membership revenue...

Anyways no matter how u look at it we profited 3 mill last year and 3.3 mill this year so let other clubs worry bout making more money than us....
Im pretty sure i articulated myself well enough in my previous post outlining why id like to pass the hawks, so im leaving it there.

Last edited:
That's why they put a rabbit around a grey hound track.
How can we chase if we don't know what we're chasing?

Remove this Banner Ad

Membership 2014 - Final Total 66,122

Remove this Banner Ad

Back