Membership Numbers

Remove this Banner Ad

Does North have more of a chance of remaining in Melbourne if their membership tally next year reads:

OR if their membership tally next year reads:

??

I can't believe you wouldn't buy a membership if you were a Roos supporter. Saying that you won't buy one until you are sure the team is not going to the Gold Coast is akin to making the re-location easier ...

The way to keep your team in Melbourne (and they are in Melbourne for the next two years anyway, GC or no GC) is to buy memberships.

If you want the Roos to remain North Melbourne, buy all the memberships you can.

'Cause the only way you're going to stay here is if your membership reaches the first total and not the second.

Otherwise, it's an inevitability.

where did this figure of 2700 come from, and does it include the automatic direct debit from a credit memberships ??

If this figure is official it would include the auto renewal memberships which I believe are around 1,500. Looking good as I was assuming above we would sell 1k per week over Nov - Dec.

If this figure is official it would include the auto renewal memberships which I believe are around 1,500. Looking good as I was assuming above we would sell 1k per week over Nov - Dec.

Well it's good news if that total is correct. 2700 in 2 days is great.

I also cannot believe those people who are not getting in and buying a membership now, I bought two extra memberships last week and I will be renewing our Legends (2) memberships when they arrive shortly. WE MUST buy as many as possible - I would have thought that was obvious to show our fighting power and to let people know we are out there. As it stands I think to the non North supporters think that we are just going to lie down and accept our fate and go to the GC. This is one way of showing them that we have the possibility of being able to get our membership up and survive here in Melbourne. PLEASE BUY TICKETS NOW!

We will not be buying any memberships till the board bangs the gold coast idea on the head.

Then AND ONLY THEN We will be purchasing 50 YES 50 MEMBERSHIPS.

If Roos are moving to Gold coast there is no need to buy memberships

The northern pole is not a true supporter. If we all brought memberships whether we were winning or losing we would be financial. True roos are worried about the move but I will still purchase a membership to see tehm stay in Victoria. If you have so much cash, why don't you donate or start a campaign to help kangas stay in Victoria.

The northern pole is not a true supporter. If we all brought memberships whether we were winning or losing we would be financial. True roos are worried about the move but I will still purchase a membership to see tehm stay in Victoria. If you have so much cash, why don't you donate or start a campaign to help kangas stay in Victoria.
That's a bullshit comment. Pull your head in.

Just because he/she has a different view to others makes them not a true supporter? It's disgraceful you could even thing that.

And start a campaign? There are enough going around. The money would be best spent on memberships. thenorthernpole has been a member for 20 years. I think that classify's them as a "true supporter".

Think before you post rubbish.

I think it's fair enough not to buy massive numbers of memberships if the club has not stated it will stay in Melbourne. Imagine spending 5000$ only to find that the club will pack up and move to the Gold Coast, and this is some nice 'start up' money. Unfortunately, we have to do the right thing by the club. If we purchase more memberships now, we can show the AFL that the Kangaroos supporters are committed to keeping the club in the AFL. The more members that sign, the better it is for the footy club. If every member can double the contribution they made to the club, although a tough ask, we can clearly dispell all negative press, and allow the club to take firm steps to keep the team in Melbourne.

Is the 2700 figure correct? Or just a guess. Can anyone confirm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm with you. I WILL NOT purchase a membership if they decide they are going to the GC. My money will be no good for the club if it is to go towards the GC. I won't buy 50 though.....

As others have said, if at the 30 days there aren't memberships already bought - its more likely its off to the GC the club goes.
I had my doubts, but figure a few dollars that might go towards swaying the board to make the correct (stay in Melbourne) decision is worth the punt. If they make the GC decision, yes, the money is lost; but at least it went into fighting the good fight.

I just bought mine... a lovely Social Club 14 one for $350 (although I have zero use for a reserved seat!). Have emailed Rick Aylett to tell him that this might well be my last ever such purchase (after more than 15 years as a member) unless he rejects the Gold Coast plan... sure I won't hear back from him...

I'm surprised that some of you roos supports are saying that you aren't going to buy a membership unless your guaranteed that your not moving to GC.

You have this one chance to make a difference, so what if you happen to move and you buy a membership. You only lose out for 1 YEAR, if you don't buy it and it does force your board to vote to move then its FOREVER!!

Think about it, aren't you willing to sacrifice 150-300$ just so you have a chance to not move??? At least when you do move you can say that you tired..

6 more memberships from this household next week

Sorry kids - Christmas is cancelled this year, but you will have a footy club to follow in Melbourne if I have my way:thumbsu:

I'm surprised that some of you roos supports are saying that you aren't going to buy a membership unless your guaranteed that your not moving to GC.

You have this one chance to make a difference, so what if you happen to move and you buy a membership. You only lose out for 1 YEAR, if you don't buy it and it does force your board to vote to move then its FOREVER!!

Think about it, aren't you willing to sacrifice 150-300$ just so you have a chance to not move??? At least when you do move you can say that you tired..

Yeh exactly. We must get everyone on board
NOW.jpg

Sorry kids - Christmas is cancelled this year, but you will have a footy club to follow in Melbourne if I have my way:thumbsu:

I got 5 to sign up not including me(signed up already).

You some how manage to impress me every single day.:thumbsu:

:thumbsu::thumbsu:I m thinking of getting another cc just to buy more :eek:

:thumbsu:

What he said :thumbsu:

I got 5 to sign up not including me(signed up already).

You some how manage to impress me every single day.:thumbsu:

Bring em in :thumbsu::thumbsu:Funny why are we doing this and not the club :rolleyes:with some sort of aggressive marketing campaign:rolleyes:

Bring em in :thumbsu::thumbsu:Funny why are we doing this and not the club :rolleyes:with some sort of aggressive marketing campaign:rolleyes:

Yeh i know. :thumbsu:Campaigns on youtube, through sen, 3AW etc. We would never see this sort of compaigning from the club:thumbsdown:

Not imposter mate.
been a Roo member for 20 years.

Im stating my view,that if the club folds and moves to gold coast then no more memberhips.
If they stay We will X it by 50.

The board must stand up and say no to the AFL.

I want a picture of 50 2008 memberships if the board say no.

Had a small coup today.

I bagged 5 North supporters living in Qld for Victorian memberships in 2008. :thumbsu:

They had Gold Coast memberships last season, but are not going to renew them as they don't want their support to be seen as supporting a relocation.:thumbsu:

They are going to boycott Gold Coast games until the club takes an anti relocation position.:thumbsu:

Special people.:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Membership Numbers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back