Membership Numbers

Remove this Banner Ad

Had a small coup today.

I bagged 5 North supporters living in Qld for Victorian memberships in 2008. :thumbsu:

They had Gold Coast memberships last season, but are not going to renew them as they don't want their support to be seen as supporting a relocation.:thumbsu:

They are going to boycott Gold Coast games until the club takes an anti relocation position.:thumbsu:

Special people.:thumbsu:

'ken oath :thumbsu:

I love reading this thread about how people are buying extra memberships/getting other people to sign up. I've tripled up myself and am making it a matter of honour to "encourage" my lapsed North supporter buddies to sign up.

And I feel good!!!!!

We need to get some momentum going in membership numbers early this year...which is being advocated and done by many in here.

Renewing now is much more beneficial than renewing in Mar 08...it stops the radio/newspapers from saying 'see told you so - they dont have any members'. Caroline Wilson has probably already got the article written, she is just waiting to press the Publish button...and I'm sure Dwayne Russell has one of his not-very-witty editorials ready...Lets not give them that chance.

Seeing a large membership increase, encourages other members who are hesitating to then jump on board.

If the unthinkable happens, then the time for a protest membership non-renewal is 2010. 2008 would be the worst time to do it.

This is what happened in 2007 due to board trouble and poor on-field 2006...and we have had 23K membership number thrown in our face ever since.

Renewing early next week and one for my 6 year old, plus my Dad who has always been a Bomber, but who turned me on to the Roos...(? but i'll love him forever).

Revised Membership Projections

Week Ending.....Projection.....Actual
9 Nov..............500............Not published
16 Nov.............1,500.........Not published...... mail memberships arrive
23 Nov.............2,000.........
30 Nov.............4,500......................Auto renewals processed on 22 Nov
7 Dec...............5,500
14 Dec..............6,500
21 Dec..............7,500
28 Dec..............8,500
4 Jan ...............9,500

Membership operator indicated that a progressive total should come late next week probably after the auto renewals are done. Said they were selling well today.

4 Jan 2007 = 6,224
9 Jan 2006 = 7.735
7 Jan 2005 = 7,929

Wow, great revised figure. 3k clear on the year b4.. wouldn't expect the majority of people to sign up until season starts, or they know one way or the other whats happening. So looking good.

Well there was that rumour at the start of the thread with 2500 in the first week. This was played down because of auto renewals but it looks like that hasnt happened yet and doesnt until the 22nd

You guys are lookign good for a big tally!

It was reported in todays herald Sun that we have signed 1200 members as of yesterday. With renewal forms reaching everyone this week, hopefully the numbers continue to rise added to the auto renewals later this month, our pre christmas figure may well be a positive one.

Just put my money where my mouth is and signed up the three Essendon supporters in our house as well renewing our two North m/ships.

So we've jumped from 2 to 5 for next season!!

I'll brainwash those other two kids yet!!!

Couldn't get any hard numbers out of "Lauren" on the phone, but she said it was a helluva lot better than this time last year and that they were really surprised at the number of opposition clubs supporters who were buying North memberships - especially Essendon people more so than anyone one else.

Couldn't get any hard numbers out of "Lauren" on the phone, but she said it was a helluva lot better than this time last year and that they were really surprised at the number of opposition clubs supporters who were buying North memberships - especially Essendon people more so than anyone one else.

Bless. Seriously, that is fantastic from our neighbours.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is fantastic!!!

Facebook group, "KANGAAS" has been supported by the unoffocial Essendon FC group (which is the biggest AFL page on facebook with 3,700+ members), with the creator emploring its members to support our cause and "save this great club"!!!:thumbsu:
Amazing stuff.

I think our rivalry (Ess/North) is fantastic and one that needs to be fostered in the future.

just purchased 6 memberships,keep up the momentum guys and thank you so much to anybody who is not a North Melbourne supporter for purchasing a membership.

Just got off the phone purchasing a further 3 junior Roo memberships.

I was on hold for 10 minutes:thumbsu: For the first time in my life I was hoping I would be on hold forever:D

The girl I spoke to said she has been so surprised by how many memberships had been sold in the last few days.

Just got off the phone purchasing a further 3 junior Roo memberships.

I was on hold for 10 minutes:thumbsu: For the first time in my life I was hoping I would be on hold forever:D

The girl I spoke to said she has been so surprised by how many memberships had been sold in the last few days

I wonder if the board is aware of the membership sales, and if, at all, would it influence their decision ?

Good stuff ,conspricay theory number 9 AFL staff counting our memberships 1 for the Kangaroos,they never refer to us as North Melbourne just listen next time, 1 for the bin, 1 from a supporter of another club doesnt count :rolleyes:;)

Good stuff ,conspricay theory number 9 AFL staff counting our memberships 1 for the Kangaroos,they never refer to us as North Melbourne just listen next time, 1 for the bin, 1 from a supporter of another club doesnt count :rolleyes:;)
No need for that. The AFL and other pro-GCers will take it as evidence that members will join regardless.
And if nobody bought memberships due to the uncertainty they would take it as evidence that nobody cared. They most assuredly will have their spin prepared for either eventuality.

Remove this Banner Ad

Membership Numbers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back