Membership Watch Thread - 40,000 and climbing

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Membership 3000 down

mt, this years numbers 18,192 incl non match day members as well I believe ...so we're 3k+ down....

Which is much less than 5400....

Assuming 1000 a week and we started a fortnight late (unbelievably) then it's not so worrying

That said, pretty ordinary that those who bought memberships as gifts early december didn't receive them for Christmas - many give these as gifts so bad form from RFC. I was told it was "a problem with the warehouse"... Wtf?????

Re: Membership 3000 down

Which is much less than 5400....

Assuming 1000 a week and we started a fortnight late (unbelievably) then it's not so worrying

That said, pretty ordinary that those who bought memberships as gifts early december didn't receive them for Christmas - many give these as gifts so bad form from RFC. I was told it was "a problem with the warehouse"... Wtf?????

We're the equivalent of 1,000 down going by period of time. I've always paid for mine around October/November and I don't think I've ever recieved it until the next year. Once it arrived in Round 2 and I had to pay to get in for Round 1 home game :eek:

Re: Membership Counter

richmond have one of the best, if not THE best, supporter base in melbourne...always turn up to support their beloved team in good times and bad ....im sure your mebership will be right up there come first bounce....

Listen fellow tigerheads...thats the way it goes when we come into one year, being "locked and loaded" and secure cuz, with the influx of members wanting in on the "percieved" ride and forking out the cash for it. How would you expect those not so die hard tigerheads to dig into their pockets again after what happened last year? Its par for the ****ing course for any team in the comp. Membership drops and the club, if they didnt factor in this are again showing the total stupidity in the overall context of forecasting what they the club is going to contend with, re. memebrship numbers. We have to endure the pain, ride it out for at least 2 years, and if and when this new crop start delivering, the numbers will rise again. Thats how it goes nowadays, if you live in lala land and start offering lame arse excuses about the memberships went on sale 2 weeks later and thats why this and thats why that and if you take total this plus that, it shows etc...then its all pissing in the wind. The facts are our numbers will drop significantly, anyone who doesnt understand why or still holds out for them not to is completely deluded. ;)

How would you expect those not so die hard tigerheads to dig into their pockets again after what happened last year? Its par for the ****ing course for any team in the comp. Membership drops and the club, if they didnt factor in this are again showing the total stupidity in the overall context of forecasting what they the club is going to contend with, re. memebrship numbers.;)

Spot on, Cogga. You don't need to be Einstein to work that out, but some will never fathom it. We had momentum going into 2009 - not Cousins alone - but eight out of 11 wins in the run home in '08.
Membership will most always refelct performance.
Heck, the Bulldogs, back when they were lumbering at the bottom of the ladder not so long ago could barely scrape 10,000 members. They are up near the 30,000 mark in more recent times!!!

Listen fellow tigerheads...thats the way it goes when we come into one year, being "locked and loaded" and secure cuz, with the influx of members wanting in on the "percieved" ride and forking out the cash for it. How would you expect those not so die hard tigerheads to dig into their pockets again after what happened last year? Its par for the ****ing course for any team in the comp. Membership drops and the club, if they didnt factor in this are again showing the total stupidity in the overall context of forecasting what they the club is going to contend with, re. memebrship numbers. We have to endure the pain, ride it out for at least 2 years, and if and when this new crop start delivering, the numbers will rise again. Thats how it goes nowadays, if you live in lala land and start offering lame arse excuses about the memberships went on sale 2 weeks later and thats why this and thats why that and if you take total this plus that, it shows etc...then its all pissing in the wind. The facts are our numbers will drop significantly, anyone who doesnt understand why or still holds out for them not to is completely deluded. ;)

I'd suggest that the club has factored in a drop in memberships to the bottom line. I'd also suggest that the club isn't overly disappointed that this found its way into the paper, as it might help a few undecided types change their mind and get a membership, even if its just a basic GA membership.

A good showing in the NAB cup/first month of the season wouldn't hurt either.

I'd suggest that the club has factored in a drop in memberships to the bottom line. I'd also suggest that the club isn't overly disappointed that this found its way into the paper, as it might help a few undecided types change their mind and get a membership, even if its just a basic GA membership.

A good showing in the NAB cup/first month of the season wouldn't hurt either.

naaa...really? ..so lets get this straight...you are suggesting that if the tiges come out and play attractive footy that the veiwing public warm to, will make the sceptics fork out for a membership...naaaa no way...
All i am saying dude is to forget the excuses of when memberships went on sale etc and face facts...numbers will drop, ontop of the shitful last year, where it wasnt to much the pathetic brand of "footy", to use the word loosely, it was more the lack of any cohesive direction that washed off on the tigerheads as well, there is a financial crisis to deal with when factoring in who has the cash to fork out for a season of footy. You see in the end we have the die hards, and i include me, its paid without any issue, year in year out and thats for 2. But those that are not die hards...i.e. quite alot, they want entertainment to fill their weekend with and right now, the tigers arent in the picture after last year and the last few years.
This is the other damage that TW has also instigated ontop of the list being where it was after his 5 year "rebuild", which in year 6 had how many "veterans" marched out? so you can see what kind of rebuild that was.
Now we sit and wait and so do those who arent going to allow themselves to get burnt, as you say, GOOD SHOWINGS, will up the numbers, and that isnt only about winning, its about playing exciting, committed, want to watch, footy. ;)

2009_clubcorner_top.jpg

Me and my 6000+ brothers and sisters all support Richmond, and we haven't even got our memberships yet. It will cost our family nearly a million dollars, but loyalty is what counts. :)

I would like to dob in one of your fellow BF Tiger posters for not bothering to get a membership. His name starts with ID and ends in AF.

Why doesn't he get one? Because Richmond arn't winning. Why doesn't he go to matches? Cause Richmond arn't winning. He flatly refuses to fork out one red penny- even seeoing it as a donation!

There are thousands of Tiger fans just like him. Don't really blame him except for the fact that I know he can afford it. Other people can't afford a membership because they don't go to work, but he chooses to spend thousands of dollars on old cars like he's Jay Leno or something while his 'beloved' Tigers struggle for membership numbers and lose money....which of course means their debts are taking longer to pay off.

This whole RFC membership issue is a conundrum that is hard to work out....strange folk.

I would like to dob in one of your fellow BF Tiger posters for not bothering to get a membership. His name starts with ID and ends in AF.

Why doesn't he get one? Because Richmond arn't winning. Why doesn't he go to matches? Cause Richmond arn't winning. He flatly refuses to fork out one red penny- even seeoing it as a donation!

There are thousands of Tiger fans just like him. Don't really blame him except for the fact that I know he can afford it. Other people can't afford a membership because they don't go to work, but he chooses to spend thousands of dollars on old cars like he's Jay Leno or something while his 'beloved' Tigers struggle for membership numbers and lose money....which of course means their debts are taking longer to pay off.

This whole RFC membership issue is a conundrum that is hard to work out....strange folk.

IDDY is in trouble now :cool:
If i can get one so can he. Open your purse you tea cosy ;)

I don't think he's had one since i've known him. First time I met him, we were walking to the game and he said 'I forgot my membership, I'll have to pay today'.
Hmmmmmmm....Iddy?

On the other hand, I hate how all 16 clubs make the rank and file member feel like a piece of pooh unless they have a membership. They almost guilt people into getting one. Some 'supporters' just aren't as passionate as others.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Me and my 6000+ brothers and sisters all support Richmond, and we haven't even got our memberships yet. It will cost our family nearly a million dollars, but loyalty is what counts. :)

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.;)

I don't think he's had one since i've known him. First time I met him, we were walking to the game and he said 'I forgot my membership, I'll have to pay today'.
Hmmmmmmm....Iddy?

LMAO ... this from the bloke who "mistakenly" picked up his previous years membership off the counter , do you think anyone sitting around that table bought that one J ? :p

IDDY is in trouble now :cool:
If i can get one so can he. Open your purse you tea cosy ;)

Yeh, thats what he is...a f---ing tea cosy. TC, thats what I'm gunna call him from now on. Tight arse f----er.

I know for a fact that he hasn't even got a recent RFC jumper! He's still got the one he wore when he was 12 years old!

He's gunna kill me for posting this........

LMAO ... this from the bloke who "mistakenly" picked up his previous years membership off the counter , do you think anyone sitting around that table bought that one J ? :p
Bwaaaaahahahahahaha! You're right. Except it was 100% true. I swear on my recently departed Grandfather's grave.
Let's leave it at that. SHould I tell everyone what happend after the game?

... Quite the creative writer . The domain of many an Essendon supporter .

Once upon a time ... back in the day when we were a powerhouse :rolleyes:

Bwaaaaahahahahahaha! You're right. Except it was 100% true. I swear on my recently departed Grandfather's grave.
Let's leave it at that. SHould I tell everyone what happend after the game?
know doubt you did ... but that does not prove the existence of the current one ;)

Say whatever you like , you're the one telling stories

Spot on, Cogga. You don't need to be Einstein to work that out, but some will never fathom it. We had momentum going into 2009 - not Cousins alone - but eight out of 11 wins in the run home in '08.
Membership will most always refelct performance.
Heck, the Bulldogs, back when they were lumbering at the bottom of the ladder not so long ago could barely scrape 10,000 members. They are up near the 30,000 mark in more recent times!!!

Well said Goldy, Also why dont they write about Nth Melb and their 12 supporters or The Dawks claiming to have 50,000 members, though failing to attract that many at a game including opposition supporters turning up aswell:eek:.

The H/Sun is losing creditabilty not the RFC.

P.S. By the way, renewed my membership on wed (18th year) plus both of my girls aswell:).

know doubt you did ... but that does not prove the existence of the current one ;)

Say whatever you like , you're the one telling stories
Yeah he said, she said.
Fair enough. What happens after the Tiges vs Pies game stays at the Tiges vs Pies game.

thanks nob, we'll turn up the heat:thumbsu:

Yeh, thats what he is...a f---ing tea cosy. TC, thats what I'm gunna call him from now on. Tight arse f----er.

I know for a fact that he hasn't even got a recent RFC jumper! He's still got the one he wore when he was 12 years old!

He's gunna kill me for posting this........

TC has been put on the spot.
Fork out the cash IDDY.

NOW

:cool:

Yeah he said, she said.
Fair enough. What happens after the Tiges vs Pies game stays at the Tiges vs Pies game.
Blind ... feral f..kwit pies supporter waves his scarf in my face as we were leaving the ground to which i tell him in no uncertain terms , laced with wonderful expletives , how the general Richmond folk regard his type/breed/institution to which his mate comes over the top and tries to king hit me ... melee erupts (lmao) that fizzled into F... all ...

Not my finest hour , but shit happens .

... Quite the creative writer . The domain of many an Essendon supporter .

Once upon a time ... back in the day when we were a powerhouse :rolleyes:

Just buy a measly membership and take the pain. I'm gunna be on your case all year...in fact I might buy a kids Tiger membership in your name and have it sent to you to make you feel even more GUILTY!

Thats all from me...back to my house of power.

Remove this Banner Ad

Membership Watch Thread - 40,000 and climbing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back