Coach Men's Senior Coach: Brad Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

If I was the board I would already be scoping out a coach without a clearly predefined ceiling that can actually teach the little things.

End of next year is probably not a bad time.

Nah he gets the full five years for me.

He was never going to change the culture in two years.

What can he realistically accomplish in the next 2 or 3 years that he hasn’t already accomplished?

If I was the board I would already be scoping out a coach without a clearly predefined ceiling that can actually teach the little things.

there is one bloke who has apparently left his job that is still hanging around like a bad smell

maybe move him on before the new coach

Orgasational stability.

Firing the coach because the players did poorly hasn’t worked very well.

And I love that aspect.

As of right now our condition for success is a bloke who’s 12-13 years in all of a sudden developing the ability to extract the last 2% and put the finishing touches on despite never showing he’s capable of doing it.

I also remember you distinctly saying after year 3~ than Ben Rutten had been hard to fault, or words to that affect.

Now I’m generally a clapper for team and coach. But I’m starting to feel coach may not have a plan… let alone an 8 yr plan.

Back in Dec ‘22
"I'm big on trying to get players into the role that suits them best, not trying to push them into a role that the team needs."

Now
  • Practically everyone does a stint on the wing due to team needs, testing roles… Jones, Kelly, Cox, Hind, Martin, Dursma, Menzies, Hepp, Merret, Cox, Settlefield (skinny wing) etc…
  • 2 ruck (plus 2MP) neither ruck are forwards … leave Caddy (in form foward) out

Now I’m generally a clapper for team and coach. But I’m starting to feel coach may not have a plan… let alone an 8 yr plan.

Back in Dec ‘22
"I'm big on trying to get players into the role that suits them best, not trying to push them into a role that the team needs."

Now
  • Practically everyone does a stint on the wing due to team needs, testing roles… Jones, Kelly, Cox, Hind, Martin, Dursma, Menzies, Hepp, Merret, Cox, Settlefield (skinny wing) etc…
  • 2 ruck (plus 2MP) neither ruck are forwards … leave Caddy (in form foward) out
watches Jye Menzie move to a wing/half back flank role

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I also remember you distinctly saying after year 3~ than Ben Rutten had been hard to fault, or words to that affect.

Yeah, I’m still a big Truck guy.

I guess we all are hoping Scott just completely changes everything about himself after 10 years in the caper like Hardwick managed to do. A simple proposition.

Like, he has the contested footy and pressure absolutely rocking and rolling but we are far from legit because there is just absolutely no attention to detail there, no care factor, no concentration.

Naive footy from someone that should be experienced enough to know better.

All power to him if he can solve for it, but everything we know about him tells us it’s beyond his station.

Yeah, I’m still a big Truck guy.

I guess we all are hoping Scott just completely changes everything about himself after 10 years in the caper like Hardwick managed to do. A simple proposition.

Like, he has the contested footy and pressure absolutely rocking and rolling but we are far from legit because there is just absolutely no attention to detail there, no care factor, no concentration.

Naive footy from someone that should be experienced enough to know better.

All power to him if he can solve for it, but everything we know about him tells us it’s beyond his station.
I think we are so far behind the eight ball from coaches like Woosha and Truck on top of a completely dysfunctional football administration, and we're only just now just playing catch up.

The "attention to detail" is the cream and we're still baking the cake. I don't think any other coach in the world would correct a generation of **** ups within 18 months.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back