Merged clash jumper threads

Remove this Banner Ad

All would be sorted out with collingwood being allowed to wear black shorts.
We have a winner and problem is solved.

I don't think so, myself. North Melbourne and Geelong don't wear white shorts, that isn't their uniform.

But let Collingwood wear their black shorts anyway (black doesn't clash with royal blue, so no harm)

I still think there is a clash because of the white stripes.

(thanks to crow28 for the templates)
collnorth1gz3.jpg

The solution to Collingwood v Geelong is the cats always wear white

The simple solution is all clubs go back to the jumper they had when they came into the VFL/AFL.
Get rid of the clash jumpers because you don't need them, Collingwood are Black & White, Geelong Blue & White hoops, North Blue & White stripes.
They had Black & White TV for years and no one cared about clash strips then so why in a age of HD colour TV do we care?

The only time I ever had a issue was the year St. Kilda wore that thin stripes jumper against Collingwood, now we all know they have a shocking history and should be abolished but to try to cash in on Collingwood's jumper is going too far.

Re: Black and white striped jumpers that Collingwood could wear as a viable clash strip

Yes Brilliant.
Collingwood-Clash-2007.gif

North-2006.gif

That stops the clash. :rolleyes:

That would be about ten times worse than Collingwood wearing their black guernsey, collingwoods black guernsey with thick white stripes and with the white shorts at a quick speed make them very white which clashes with Norths white. Swapping the black for the white would make it terrible.
Collingwood-2007.gif

As you can see, the clash is a lot less with the black guernsey, but there is still a clash which means, it needs to go darker..

All would be sorted out with collingwood being allowed to wear black shorts. But they aren't allowed so we need a darker guernsey with less patches of white, so breaking the connection of white between the guernsey and the shorts.

Dunno man.

I reckon this:

Dark vs Dark

Clashes way more then this:

Light vs Dark

Bottom one, the distinction is much clearer imo.

The solution to Collingwood v Geelong is the cats always wear white

Changing North's and Geelong's shorts both to white would work better in those examples.

*gratuitous plug for crow28's clash strip album because I have blatantly stolen/used his work as my starting point - thanks chief, hope you don't mind*

I quite deliberately changed the shorts from white to colours in those pics. Geelong's uniform is blue shorts. North's uniform is blue shorts. Why should they have to wear white shorts at home? It's their home game, they should wear their home uniform. Everyone else gets to.

Even allowing for Geelong wearing white shorts at home as a solution to that clash, there is still a problem with North Melbourne. Collingwood still needs to provide a darker clash strip to solve this one. If they are going to have a darker clash strip for North away games, then they might as well use it against Geelong, thereby allowing the Cats to wear their uniform of choice at their home venue.

The simple solution is all clubs go back to the jumper they had when they came into the VFL/AFL.
Get rid of the clash jumpers because you don't need them, Collingwood are Black & White, Geelong Blue & White hoops, North Blue & White stripes.
They had Black & White TV for years and no one cared about clash strips then so why in a age of HD colour TV do we care?

Hahahahahahahahahaha.

31 pages of clash strip thread, and finally we get the_fresh opinion. Why didn't someone bring this up sooner?

Re: Black and white striped jumpers that Collingwood could wear as a viable clash strip

Dunno man.

I reckon this:

Dark vs Dark

Clashes way more then this:

Light vs Dark

Bottom one, the distinction is much clearer imo.

To me, both wearing white guernseys is ridiculously bad. Where 2vs 3 isn't too bad, but would be made perfect if North wore white shorts.

IMO, Guernseys should be light or dark. So North would wear white shorts when they wear the white guernsey, and then for a clash they could just reverse that, royal guernsey and royal shorts.

I quite deliberately changed the shorts from white to colours in those pics. Geelong's uniform is blue shorts. North's uniform is blue shorts. Why should they have to wear white shorts at home? It's their home game, they should wear their home uniform. Everyone else gets to.

Who cares that a home team wears white shorts occasionally? At least it allows both teams to wear their preferred jumpers. The away team always wearing white shorts is a silly outdated idea. Last year Geelong played at home with white shorts against Collingwood wearing black and it worked.

To me, both wearing white guernseys is ridiculously bad. Where 2vs 3 isn't too bad, but would be made perfect if North wore white shorts.

IMO, Guernseys should be light or dark. So North would wear white shorts when they wear the white guernsey, and then for a clash they could just reverse that, royal guernsey and royal shorts.

Mate, the idea of the thread is to find a viable clash strip for Collingwood, not to go and change the uniform of the other clubs in their home game so we don't clash with them.

If it's North's or Geelong's home game then we have a right to wear our home shorts.

When Collingwood is the away team, they should wear white shorts.

In my opinion I think all clubs should have their own jumper, and then two alternatives.

For example Essendon should have the normal black with red sash

• All white with an Essendon Logo
  • All black with an Essendon Logo

There would be no need for a clash at all. If you play at home you wear the normal, you play away you wear whichever clash jersey suits, problem solved :thumbsu:

Who cares that a home team wears white shorts occasionally? At least it allows both teams to wear their preferred jumpers. The away team always wearing white shorts is a silly outdated idea. Last year Geelong played at home with white shorts against Collingwood wearing black and it worked.

Collingwood still needs to provide a (darker) jumper to solve the clash with North, regardless of who wears what shorts. If they have a clash jumper that works against North, my reasoning is they could then wear this against Geelong, rather than making Geelong wear an alternate uniform. If you take the jumper clash out of it, then I don't see a problem with both sides wearing their normal shorts.

collgeel3eq3.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

this archaic home and away shorts ridiculousness needs to end. the clubs and supporters need to drop this ingrained thinking that dark shorts are home shorts and white shorts are away. it was a cheap solution implemented by the then VFL back in the 1920s in an attempt to fix the problems that still exist today. today, clubs are paid to wear a clothing manufacturers apparel. a match-day playing strip needs be considered as a whole, not just by its shorts.

Collingwood is happy to wear White shorts at home if they wear their white jumper, so why are Geelong and North too good for that? Their home uniform is their light strip, so using the dark shorts with it is what creates a clash, geez :rolleyes:

Are you for real?

Since changing their jumper, when did Collingwood ever wear their 'white' jumper at a home game?

geez :rolleyes:

^^^

I don't get it. Above design is still dark vs dark.

If you really want to solve the clash issue then there needs to be a distinct, clear, visible difference.

You don't get that with Dark vs Dark.

It has to be Light vs Dark. The distinction is soooo much more clearer.

Just can't agree on Collingwood having to go more dark imo.

^^^

I don't get it. Above design is still dark vs dark.

If you really want to solve the clash issue then there needs to be a distinct, clear, visible difference.

You don't get that with Dark vs Dark.

It has to be Light vs Dark. The distinction is soooo much more clearer.

Just can't agree on Collingwood having to go more dark imo.

*sigh*

The clash comes from the white stripes mixing with the white shorts making a big blur of white, clashing with North melbournes big blur of white.

The clash does not come from the black clashing with the royal blue.

Hence why you will see Collingwood wear their black guernsey against the Bulldogs both home and away.

North melbourne being so much white clashes with that white. So we need a dark guernsey, or at least to split up the white in the guernsey from the white in the shorts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Merged clash jumper threads

Remove this Banner Ad

Back