Merged clash jumper threads

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Collingwood's Away Jumper!!

The problem isn't when you wear black shorts. It's when you are AWAY (in the home and away season). The shorts make you look majority white, wlehich clash with Geelongs and Norths majority light home strips. :rolleyes:

So change the rule.

Or are you suggesting that the AFL are against changing the rules? Oh no, that's right, it would be a case of the AFL "pandering" to Collingwood again. God forbid common sense should rule.

THERE IS NO PROBLEM.

Re: Black and white striped jumpers that Collingwood could wear as a viable clash strip

I really like this, but it is a black alternative they need. I think it would look great reversed.
funny stuff, I was just about to post one that looks exactly the same as that one.
Oh well, here is the reversed one, (lazy yes I know)

18123254sm7.jpg

Re: Eddie on 3AW re clash jumpers - time for some facts

Not too different from the heritage jumper they wore in 2003 - and as that one was approved and worn I guess it is acceptable to Eddie and the traditionalists and could be worn again. So the light clash strip is already covered.
reckon EM would be so happy with that his face id beam red :thumbsu:

I don't live on BigFooty Street so I can't keep up with you guys! :D

Mr Lizard, thanks for actually listening to me, and for replying with some thought and balance. Sorry I didn't reply earlier. Too busy with other stuff.

I guess we're just going to have to agree to disagree on this one. I don't see an issue and telling me there is one for others isn't going to win me over, unfortunately. I'm pretty reasonable and if it was in the best interests of Collingwood and footy I wouldn't be opposed to more of a compromise. Hopefully it can be reached and everyone can worry about something that actually matters.

I suggest Collingwood and North wear these outfits next time:

vagcock.jpg

It makes sense.

Re: Black and white striped jumpers that Collingwood could wear as a viable clash strip

Sure is. If Collingwood can protect their oh so precious black and white vertical stripe jumper, then Port will do the same with their black and white prison bar jumper.

The Power have a black and white jumper now?

Love it.

And would only have to be used once a season, maybe twice (if you have an away game against either/or both geelong and north). It really wouldn't be a big deal using that until they finally change the shorts rule.

Black and White stripes, not Black and White PIN stripes ffs.

And that bird looks pathetic.

Black and White stripes, not Black and White PIN stripes ffs.

And that bird looks pathetic.
Trust me, when the AFL get serious and push comes to shove next season, you guys will be more than happy with pin stripes:p

funny stuff, I was just about to post one that looks exactly the same as that one.
Oh well, here is the reversed one, (lazy yes I know)

18123254sm7.jpg

FFS, a guernsey with a different front and back is offered once again. if the match-day opposition does the same then there will be 4 different styles/colours on the field. in true AFL/Australian Footy tradition, this will perpetuate the same problems that already exist.

i cannot understand why clubs, fans, and the AFL still need to be explicitly told that the main purpose of match-day playing strips is to differentiate between the two teams on the park. the AFL must regulate that the front and back of match-day guernseys/strips (ex. numbers) of each club must be the same if they're to successfully achieve this purpose.

i can foresee these types of threads in 30 years time as everyone associated with the game cant comprehend whats required. for uniformity, the rules must be stated in black and white so to speak, to avoid what appears to be a week-to-week reactive approach adopted by the AFL.

I saw an old Collingwood training jumper which had shaddow stripes.
It completely eliminated any clash with North Melbourne, yet looked amazing. Still black and white stripes. If someone has a picture of it, would be great. I saw it last year I think.

found a picture of it being worn
Detail.aspx

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't live on BigFooty Street so I can't keep up with you guys! :D

Mr Lizard, thanks for actually listening to me, and for replying with some thought and balance. Sorry I didn't reply earlier. Too busy with other stuff.

I guess we're just going to have to agree to disagree on this one. I don't see an issue and telling me there is one for others isn't going to win me over, unfortunately. I'm pretty reasonable and if it was in the best interests of Collingwood and footy I wouldn't be opposed to more of a compromise. Hopefully it can be reached and everyone can worry about something that actually matters.

I suggest Collingwood and North wear these outfits next time:

vagcock.jpg

It makes sense.

Easy to identify the teams too, where the ones with the ball.

I really like this, but it is a black alternative they need. I think it would look great reversed.

Huh? Their home jumper already is majority black as it is.

Any clash jumper has to be majority white, because they'll be wearing it in their away games with white shorts.

A majority black jumper will have to have white shorts accompanying it in away games, which will just dilute the colour setup and wont solve the clash situation.

North or Geelong in their Dark shorts, Collingwood in majority white jumper with white shorts. No clash.

...and you were also the ones who were ORDERED by King Eddie to wear an alternate jumper in your OWN home game.....shameful!:(

It was an AFL order champ.

That's why we couldn't do anything, because they would have fined us.

Eddie doesn't have any control over North what so ever, despite his own deluded thinkings.

Huh? Their home jumper already is majority black as it is.

Any clash jumper has to be majority white, because they'll be wearing it in their away games with white shorts.

A majority black jumper will have to have white shorts accompanying it in away games, which will just dilute the colour setup and wont solve the clash situation.

North or Geelong in their Dark shorts, Collingwood in majority white jumper with white shorts. No clash.

Yes Brilliant.
Collingwood-Clash-2007.gif

North-2006.gif

That stops the clash. :rolleyes:

That would be about ten times worse than Collingwood wearing their black guernsey, collingwoods black guernsey with thick white stripes and with the white shorts at a quick speed make them very white which clashes with Norths white. Swapping the black for the white would make it terrible.
Collingwood-2007.gif

As you can see, the clash is a lot less with the black guernsey, but there is still a clash which means, it needs to go darker..

All would be sorted out with collingwood being allowed to wear black shorts. But they aren't allowed so we need a darker guernsey with less patches of white, so breaking the connection of white between the guernsey and the shorts.

That is still thick white stripes, mitchell madness, and will clash with North and Geelong.

thats the thing, it actually stops the clash. if they trialed it in a pre-season game first. make it round 1 NAB cup north wear there normal one, pies that one, see if it still does... when i saw it, it didnt clash

Yeah, $110,000 fine every 2 years, that will break the bank :rolleyes:

It's not about breaking the bank, you are displaying a very simplistic attitude, the point is that even McHead would not pay $110 000 to wear their "traditional" jumper......

If that fails to work, then they should be penalised premiership points for each game that they do not conform.....

If we clash with Geelong how come they didn't wear a clash strip in round 9?

Because they were away, meaning, white guernsey, white shorts. verse a team in black guernsey black shorts..

The problem only comes when you wear white shorts and those two teams wear dark shorts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Merged clash jumper threads

Remove this Banner Ad

Back