Merged clash jumper threads

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Calling all Lawyers and other knowledgeable folk. Question re strips.

Oh no contest about our strip... Yahooo. that is a bonus. thankyou very much and andrew if you try and bring one up you will have a very heavy load on your shoulders. Even if it is ugly. .. thankyou very much. we don't take ugly lightly.

People aren't going to rest until we are wearing pink. But they don't seem to mind Essendon simply widening their sash or Richmond adding a touch of yellow....

Our jumpers don't clash with anyone.

Eddie says he will take the AFL to court if they are forced to change their jumper.
Are there any lawyers or people with enough knowledge of the legal system on here who might be able to give an opinion as to who would win such a case??

My cynical side has me thinking that Pies would win which is why the AFL constantly bows to them.

Would love to hear some thoughts.
Your kiddin right?
Whilst the lawyers are at it my neighbours dog keeps barking, what should i do?
Stupid thread.

People aren't going to rest until we are wearing pink. But they don't seem to mind Essendon simply widening their sash or Richmond adding a touch of yellow....

Yes they clash with anyone who has an impost with you. they are just abominable. and they will be with anyone who has a problem.

Re: Eddie on 3AW re clash jumpers - time for some facts

Had to laugh at Eddie in The Age today, claiming that Collingwood and Essendon should have their jumpers protected as they are the only two clubs who haven't changed their strip.

Funny, I could have sworn Geelong wore Blue & White hoops when we first came in. Yes, the hoops are a bit thicker now but that is no different to Collingwood changing from a white jumper with black strips to a black jumper with white stripes.

No Eddie, Collingwood and Essendon aren't the only club with the same strip.

He might want to get his facts right if he hopes to brainwash to fans of the other 15 clubs like he has Collingwood fans!

If clubs put as much time into defending their jumper, as they put into attacking Collingwood's... the AFL would have to looks for obvious solutions that aren't just driven by marketing decisions
And those obvious solutions are?

From Collingwood's perspective, the answer is simple. As one of their fixturing requests, they should ask not to play North Melbourne as an away match from 2009 and beyond - home match only. This could be replaced with another interstate game - how could anybody argue with that?:thumbsu:

You can request someone to play, you can't request someone not to play. Ultimately who you play depends on where you were on the ladder.

You can ask anything of the AFL, they will likely either ignore you or give you what you didn't ask for just out of spite if you make their life difficult. Collingwood is making their life difficult and if they don't slap Eddie down then next Essendon and Carlton, etc will refuse to wear a clash strip.

North don't give a shit what you wear, it is the AFL that says there can't be a clash of design or colour.

If the AFL correct the stadium deal issue then there would be a number of clubs that wouldn't give a crap if they played Collingwood or not.

You can request someone to play, you can't request someone not to play. Ultimately who you play depends on where you were on the ladder.
If only that was true :-(

Clubs put in requests every year, and they're just putting this year's together, IIRC.

And one of the things that a lot of clubs request is to play Collingwood @ the MCG - it gets them money, and gets them games at the MCG (esp. important if you're from interstate).

Add in blockbusters, etc, and it's a massively skewed draw.

OK, I know you're trolling, but the facts are : yes, North has messed with tradition over the last decade or so, trialling home games interstate, using different jumpers, taking on the Kangaroos FC name.

We finally have an administration that has its act together, and has resolved that our future lies in melbourne, as the North Melbourne Football Club. In keeping with this, we should wear our traditional home jumper for home games at least. It's blue and white vertical stripes, a design we first used before Collingwood Football Club existed. (Yes, there was a time when this was the case!) Can you see a problem with that?

PS : And while travel is great, I'm yet to find a country I'd rather live in than Australia. :thumbsu:

And it's great that the new admin is thinking that way, maybe James (through his association with Eddie), Arocca and D.Laidley (their time with Collingwood) learnt that tradition and pride in the brand is a good thing and should be protected.:thumbsu:

[/B]

Im colour blind and they both look the same especially on my black and white telly.....grow up and get with the program......collingwoods shite does stink just like everyone elses

So we're doing this for colour blind people and black and white tele's!

Great arguement you've got there!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

[/B]

Im colour blind and they both look the same especially on my black and white telly.....grow up and get with the program......collingwoods shite does stink just like everyone elses

just got back from Tanzania and even they dont have b&w tellie's anymore.:eek:

Eddie says he will take the AFL to court if they are forced to change their jumper.
Are there any lawyers or people with enough knowledge of the legal system on here who might be able to give an opinion as to who would win such a case??

My cynical side has me thinking that Pies would win which is why the AFL constantly bows to them.

Would love to hear some thoughts.

Lawyers are paid to give you their version of the rules/facts, or a version that suits the client.:mad:

Eddie is a pig and footy will be better when he is gone.

That is all.

:rolleyes:

There has been plenty of comments on here saying that those two jumpers aren't good enough. But why let the fatcs get in the way?

As for the whole situation, why are Collingwood fans so convinced that everyone is just making this up because it is Collingwood. You guys crap on so much about how sacred your jumper is, yet apparently other teams jumpers aren't?

FFS, the AFL must be the only professional league IN THE WORLD that has teams running out on the ground wearing the same colours and/or style of jumper.

:rolleyes:

There has been plenty of comments on here saying that those two jumpers aren't good enough. But why let the fatcs get in the way?

As for the whole situation, why are Collingwood fans so convinced that everyone is just making this up because it is Collingwood. You guys crap on so much about how sacred your jumper is, yet apparently other teams jumpers aren't?

FFS, the AFL must be the only professional league IN THE WORLD that has teams running out on the ground wearing the same colours and/or style of jumper.

Im sorry can you point me in the direction of the 500 threads and press articles about this clash...

sydneyjumpers.jpg

stkildasaintsjumper.jpg

Oh wait a minute... no everyones to caught up in this one

kangaroosjumpers.jpg

collingwoodjumpers.jpg

its fairly obvious that no one carries on about the swans needing one... or didnt you realise they dont have one either?

Collingwood's Away Jumper!!

Does it seem ridiulous that Collingwood and Essendon are the only two teams who don't have an away strip. Why did the kangaroos have to wear their away top for a home match??

Because Collingwood have to wear their traditional top. I don't care Eddie Maguire if Collingwood have been wearing the black and white strips for 116 years. I could say the same thing for Carlton. But now Carlton have an away strip. Get with it eddie and stop being arrogant.

Re: Collingwood's Away Jumper!!

So sick of this issue. Collingwood just make a clash jumper and wear it at your away games that clash with the home team and be like every other ****** club in the league.

Add the white shorts and the clash becomes very obvious.

If Collingwood wore all black, Nth wore all white, for both home and away games, there wouldn't be a problem.

Blame the shorts.

Re: Collingwood's Away Jumper!!

Collingwood wore their AFL approved alternate strip against your club Carlton this year. Weren't you watching?

Remove this Banner Ad

Merged clash jumper threads

Remove this Banner Ad

Back