Merged Delistings/Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No doubt eth-dog, but there is buckleys to none chance of Lucas being available at our pick. Heck I'd be amazed if he is not snapped up by the Western tankers this year. Behind Scully, Lucas from what I have seen has the best kick in the draft.

Wouldnt mind cunnington either, however you watch us go for panos

I thought you were the draft guru?

I have not seen a lot of this years draftees as I have been busy with work this year. I do have a month off coming up which is where I will catch up on the games of the U/18's.

I have not seen a lot of this years draftees as I have been busy with work this year. I do have a month off coming up which is where I will catch up on the games of the U/18's.

Fair enough.

But where do you get this sort of knowledge from then?

Agreed and he'd be a guy that could slip a bit as well. Perfect fit for us.:thumbsu:

No doubt eth-dog, but there is buckleys to none chance of Lucas being available at our pick. Heck I'd be amazed if he is not snapped up by the Western tankers this year. Behind Scully, Lucas from what I have seen has the best kick in the draft.

Have not seen either of those players! What sides do they play for? Have heard of the first player, but not the 2nd one!

Panos played for SA in the championships and i wasnt really impressed to tell you the truth. He apparently has a very good kicking technique but i couldnt see it..

Cunnington plays for Vic Country and Geelong Falcons looked the goods although i would take Koby Stevens over these two any day of the year.
I cant see Panos making it big as he looks slow and robotic, unlike Post from Richmond who is looking good apart from his kicking at goal.

The two that I have listed I did see at the U/18's carnival so I have seen them a bit. I just have not seen the fringe players

At the very most (i.e. without a fixture in front of me), once in the flesh, as you obviously haven't travelled for Champs games given how busy you've been at work, and at most 6 more times on TV.

Hard to make an informed opinion of the back of that.

Unless you've had any other sisters getting married...

Most teams would have a maximun 2 or 3 players who are woth a Top 10 pick.

I doubt that Melbourne has any !
Well, if top 10 picks are as good as everyone says, their careers should last to age 30, so about 12 years. So that means their should be 120 running around. Then there are nearly always 4-5 players who get taken after the top 10 who obviously were a lot better. Thinking Cox, Stanton, Steve Johnson, Chapman, Rioli, etc. So thats another 60. So there should be 180. Now, if we say a third of those are now too old, that leaves 120. Or about 7-8 per team.

Slightly more than 2 or 3. And why people over rate top 10 picks.

Kicking eff from this years champs.
Lucas 59.2
Scully 61.2
Trengove 70.8
Martin 63.5
Harwood 61.3
Swallow 67.2
Cunnington 60.4
Morabito 61.7
Rohan 65.1
These are just a few out of the AA side and they highlight that overall the quality of this years crop is down on the last few years despite the hype on a few players.

I rate Lucas i think he is pretty good but there is just as much chance of Lucas going behind the likes of Martin, Cunnington, Trengove or Morabito and being available in the pick 8 to 15 range.Even more so if the better talls are picked up early.

I really which you would stop turning up at this time of year all the time and challenging everything people have to say about the draft like you are some sort of expert when you are not.

Panos played for SA in the championships and i wasnt really impressed to tell you the truth. He apparently has a very good kicking technique but i couldnt see it..

Cunnington plays for Vic Country and Geelong Falcons looked the goods although i would take Koby Stevens over these two any day of the year.
I cant see Panos making it big as he looks slow and robotic, unlike Post from Richmond who is looking good apart from his kicking at goal.

Do not agree. Cunnington is a much better player than Stevens. He brings more to the table. He has the same hardness at the contest is better on both sides of the body and his cearance work is better.

The two that I have listed I did see at the U/18's carnival so I have seen them a bit. I just have not seen the fringe players

So you are going to continue with your BS story.
You got found out last year. You did not even know when the champs where on and then you say you watched a game at AAMI when you where in Adelaide and you did not know who was playing.
You also claimed to have seen Swift playing when he had not actually played much footy at all since the under 16 champs.
Just admit it. Most of what you know comes from reading what has been said about certain players!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have you seen how many on-ballers are on our list ?

Dyson, Watson, Stanton, Jetta, Winderlich, Prismall, McVeigh, Zaharakis, Welsh, Lovett, Lonergan, Skipworth, Myers, Reimers & Hocking.

Then you have Monfries, Davey, Slattery and Dempsey who can also go there if required.

Thats 19 players there. And its not as if they are all terrible either. All have played important roles for our team at some stage this season.

Yet we need more ????

Oh, of course with pick 10,11 or 12 we're somehow going to fluke getting Chris Judd or Joel Selwood. :rolleyes:

Shouldn't Myers be carving them up now ? He was a top 6 draft pick and a midfielder. According to you he should be contending for a Brownlow by now - you know being a top draft pick automatically makes you a champion.

And we have 1 geniune clearance player in Watson.
Myers looks good as a clearance player in the VFL and Hocking was a good clearance player at TAC Cup level and in the VFL but has not been used in that role.
So you tell me why we dont need another good clearance player ?

And we have 1 geniune clearance player in Watson.
Myers looks good as a clearance player in the VFL and Hocking was a good clearance player at TAC Cup level and in the VFL but has not been used in that role.
So you tell me why we dont need another good clearance player ?

We have Watson + McVeigh,Welsh,Prismall,Hocking,Lonergan that can play the role to some extent. Watson is A grade in that area and the rest are B although Welsh's work in close is better than we think.

Add to that our first rounder in Myers who looks like he can only play that role.

We've drafted Myers, Prismall, Hocking and Lonergan over the past few years so how many more do we need?

I agree in that we need an extra quality guy with that type of ability but you can't stack your list with the same types.

We might have to back the guys we have in and hope they improve enough and become the next Sewell or Ling and build quality around them.

I don't know much about what's kosher with trades and the draft, and I don't know much about who kicks around in the juniors, so I may well be out of my depth...

I like what I've read about Jesse White from the Swans though, and wonder what it would take to get him to Essendon?... especially since so many think Pavlich is out of the question or too old. I think we need a forward. He kicked three goals last week, and 11 (?) goals for ACT the week before. Add to this the fact that White can ruck, and I think he sounds like a good proposition.

Straight swap for Andrew Welsh?

Not sure, Clinton Jones is doing Welsh's role better for them at the moment, maybe Laycock (not a joke as unlike most think he has big potential) and a second/third round pick, as King and Gardiner aren't getting any younger.

He is out of favour with them atm, in VFL so a first round pick would be way over paying IMO. Still yet to reach his potential, and give us some contested ball winning depth.

Not sure, Clinton Jones is doing Welsh's role better for them at the moment, maybe Laycock and a second/third round pick, as King and Gardiner aren't getting any younger.

He is out of favour with them atm, in VFL so a first round pick would be way over paying IMO. Still yet to reach his potential, and give us some contested ball winning depth.

That would be the steal of the century if we could get away with that, however I don't think the Saints would go for it :D

Maybe Nash + fourth round:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back