Merged Delistings/Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what to make of this. Worthy of it's own thread though, will generate a bit of chit chat.

Sounds like Rubbish. The only way for Essendon to sign him automatically without going through the draft is to rookie him. In which case you can't pay him $1m - which I doubt we've got room for in the salary cap anyway. It could be $1m over say 3 years - but if he's a top rugby player wouldn't his salary be about that anyway? So why cross codes?

Sounds like Rubbish. The only way for Essendon to sign him automatically without going through the draft is to rookie him. In which case you can't pay him $1m - which I doubt we've got room for in the salary cap anyway. It could be $1m over say 3 years - but if he's a top rugby player wouldn't his salary be about that anyway? So why cross codes?
I agree that I reckon this rumour us complete rubbish, but I can assure you Hunt is taking a substantial paycut in order to make it at the elite level. And then factor in he's not even playing top flight footy until 2011 and you can see there's a fair bit of dedication there. Exactly what's needed to make the switch.

Yes I know it's rubbish, still it creates a little bit of interest and chit chat. Thank you for crunching the numbers for me.

3rd rounder I'd say

cue all the Essendon supporters shouting that he's got enormous potential and should be worth at least a 2nd rounder.

3rd rounder I'd say

cue all the Essendon supporters shouting that he's got enormous potential and should be worth at least a 2nd rounder.

Not in this draft he isn't.

A 3rd round pick, even from North, is a wild stab in the dark.

For a good youngster, we'd want a pick we could use with some confidence.

Does anyone think that it would be worth while going for players such as Hentschel, Rusling, Dawes, Thorp, Hale, Newton, Westhoff, Maguire or McKinley to add a bit more depth in our KPF list? Just wondering with not much in this years draft tall forward wise either being to young or to good (Butcher) that we should have a look at other from different lists. Main ones would be Dawes, Thorp and McKinley who all look potential. Or does everyone seem happy with the plan atm with Gumby, Neagle, Still and possibly Daniher and Hurley. I just feel we will struggle next year if atleast 2 of them don't catch on and start kicking 30-40 goals in a season as backup for Lloyd who isn't certain to kick a goal every week now.

Strongly believe we should have a crack at armitage, he rarely gets a game and when he does he's instantly in the best. However we would probably need to cough up a bit.

Strongly believe we should have a crack at armitage, he rarely gets a game and when he does he's instantly in the best. However we would probably need to cough up a bit.

Agree, need more players like him, that can play both inside and out. Just tell him he won't be able to crack the side for years and when he does St.kilda will be past it, should run out the door :D

Biggest wish is for the club to accept where young Henry is at. Quite simply we have seen the best his is capable of at AFL, and it is so far below warranting a place on an AFL list it isnt funny.

Hocking and Houli can be groomed as players to lock down on small forwards to appease those of you who think it is so critical and warrants Slattery being on the list. I also think that McVeigh could do with the tagging role (particularly off half back) to get some confidence up. It was as a small back that he first started playing good football.

3rd rounder I'd say

I would not be giving him up for a thrid rounder this year. I am not one of his bigest fans but he has more potential than anyone you would get in the thrid round this year.
There is probably no way i would trade him at this stage as the numbers in the raft are going to be too skinng over the next few years and he still has the potential to improve on his weak areas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Laycock's contracted for 2010. Try again.
So? Doesn't mean the club won't look to trade him off or pay out his contract.

Don't get me wrong, I want him retained, I just think the club will look to move him on.

And why would you get rid of Williams? He's doing everything we ask of him and is showing promise. Plus he will actually improve. Unlike Skipworth.
By all reports all he 'shows' is the odd speccy. More room for improvement, yes.
However I doubt Knights will delist Skipworth a year after drafting him for depth. I also believe we're able to delist Williams and re-draft him as a rookie, freeing up a spot on the senior list while he hopefully develops.

Let me say these aren't what I want to see happen, more what I believe will happen.

So? Doesn't mean the club won't look to trade him off or pay out his contract.

Don't get me wrong, I want him retained, I just think the club will look to move him on.

By all reports all he 'shows' is the odd speccy. More room for improvement, yes.
However I doubt Knights will delist Skipworth a year after drafting him for depth. I also believe we're able to delist Williams and re-draft him as a rookie, freeing up a spot on the senior list while he hopefully develops.

Let me say these aren't what I want to see happen, more what I believe will happen.
We've seen this year how badly we're screwed if Hille goes down. Laycock adds that depth to cover for Bellchambers who's still not ready to play second ruck at AFL level. We should keep him for one more year as cover to give Bellchambers a full year developing in the VFL.

And Skipworth adds nothing to the team that isn't offered by other, better, younger players. Get rid of him.

What does everyone think we will do with Leeroy Jetta? What would he be worth? Should he be traded? IMO he should be seriously shopped around, especially in Perth?

Re: Cleve Hughes

Well thats just a silly thing to say isnt it. The "steamer" who is apparently a hack of all proportions has managed 23 goals from 16 games. Looks like the 'gun' needs to get his kicking boot for the next 2 games and we could have ourselves battle of the spearheads. Lucas wasnt smashing the door down to get back in the side. If Neagle had done anything of note he would have kept his spot. Any way the road got longer again after tonight. Hopefully Hughes plays tommorow in the VFL (has been named in the seniors) as its the tv game and everybody can have a look. And keep an eye at the other end as well and see what we think of Bonnadio.;)

Nice one, peanut :thumbsu:.

Lucas
Nash
Williams
Skipworth.

Trade Lloyd.

Done.

You idoit. And you call yourself an essendon supporter.

There is no reason keep laycock. Pay him out if we must and get rid of him. Ryder and Hille to ruck next year with T Bell to be kept to develop. He is well behind those 3 IMO. Laycock has proven time and time again his LACK of worth. Useless

There is no reason keep laycock. Pay him out if we must and get rid of him. Ryder and Hille to ruck next year with T Bell to be kept to develop. He is well behind those 3 IMO.

Agree. Our rucking injuries this year were exceptional and we should plan ahead with those three ruckman, with Bock an absolute backup.

In football you have to take your chances when you have them, and this is something that Laycock didn't do. It's unfortunate that he got injured this year, but that's the way it goes, and he must now rue his lacklustre past efforts and be delisted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back