Merged Delistings/Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
At risk of sounding like Ant, do you watch enough of Bendigo to make that call?

I don't think he'll make it, but he has more to offer than those guys and he does have some talent.

I just wouldn't be surprised if we kept him.

Longy, who would you delist then, or discard off our list then?

Williams has shown nearly nothing in the two years he has been here, injuries have plagued him, but even when fit has done stupid things at Bendigo, and i am sure that in all the games that he has played would not have been named in the best no more than 3 times, something from a promising player, or something from a list clogger?

I'd delist Williams.

I wasn't offering an opinion, I was preempting what I suspect might happen.

Ok then, thanks buddy, who do you see as the last player to go with Williams (Delisted) and Lucas (Retiring) then.

Nash seems the most likely to go now you would presume?

gonna be an interesting off season.

Of the guys coming out of contract, these are the ones in the gun I guess:

Lucas (gone)
Nash
Williams
Skipworth
NLM
Lloyd? Will play on I feel.
Hocking? Will stay.
Dyson? Will Stay.
Atkinson

First question is how many do we delist? The 3 min? 4? Lets assume 4.

Lucas firstly and Nash I think is pretty much gone. That leaves 2.

From an on-field perspective, I feel Williams, Skipworth and Atkinson and perhaps NLM are the 4 in the gun.

I think NLM will stay on, Atkinson offers a lot so unfortuatenly Skipworth and Williams may be a little nervous Id say.

Skipworth to be the third, and given a role at a Windy Hill based Bendigo, with perhaps Williams being the 4th. Perhaps Williams will be retained, and we only take 3 in the draft?

That is my guess.

Luke Ball, Anyone?

I believe we are currently in the situation in which we have one super clearance player, but are still searching for someone to fill the void left when Jobe is off the ground or out of the team.

There's talk (in the media and from saint fans) about Luke Ball perhaps being up for trade at season's end. If Ball were available for trade, do you think the bombers should chase him? If so, what would you be prepared to give?

Re: Luke Ball, Anyone?

To pricy we need all the picks we can get especially next year being gc

Would be a nice pick up, but would cost us a great deal and probably more then we want to pay. Sam Lonergan and Heath Hocking are both great in around the pack and could be groomed more to give Jobe a good chop out.

Jetta and our 3rd for WCE's 1st round pick would be more like it. Would do that deal in a heart-beat if it was discussed between parties.

...Williams has shown nearly nothing in the two years he has been here, injuries have plagued him, but even when fit has done stupid things at Bendigo, and i am sure that in all the games that he has played would not have been named in the best no more than 3 times, something from a promising player, or something from a list clogger?

Before the injury this year didn't he get in the bests twice in something like the first 6 or 7 games? Isn't that about what you're hoping for from a project player early in their second year?

Just out of curiousity, what do you consider the benchmark for a project player to have achieved after two years?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ok guys ill say this again

one of my good mates brother is best mates with luke ball and i can tell you NOW and you can quote me on this..

LUKE BALL WILL NOT BE TRADED

Just because Luke Ball doesnt think he will be traded, doesnt mean he will not be traded (unless ofcourse he is contracted :D)

What premiership? :D

"potential" premiership. Sorry, jumping the gun like a St. Kilda supporter! :D

Even if he's left out a GF losing side (I can dream!), you'd think he'd want out.

I would very strongly consider it. A move to Windy Hill could be all he needs! He has the potential to be, and has been, one of the premier midfielders of the competition! ;)

How about Jetta for Ball? They could groom Jetta for the position that Milne will eventually vacate. Don't get me wrong, I like Jetta... but he's obviously not in the frame of Knights.

I don't think that we could get a straight swap Jetta for Ball. We would have to throw in a 2nd round pick and I'm not even sure that would get the job done.

If he's available at the right price, then we should definitely go after him, purely for his in-and-under ability and his leadership skills.

I can't see the Saints trading him and I think he is in their best 22 come finals time.

Has worse disposal than Andrew Welsh.

Pace has gone plus kicking depth and penetration has gone.

Don't be fooled by his high draft pick 6 years ago. He is nowhere near the player that he was and quite frankly I'd probably have Lonergan and or Hocking over him at the moment.

How about Jetta for Ball? They could groom Jetta for the position that Milne will eventually vacate. Don't get me wrong, I like Jetta... but he's obviously not in the frame of Knights.

We would regret that trade in three years time.

Jetta will come good. We need to be patient with him. He is only a 3rd year player and indigineous blokes generally take a while to come along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back