Merged Delistings/Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just looking through some of the team lists.

What are peoples thoughts on Travis Tuck and Josh P.Kennedy both from the hawks, Kennedy has shown something at senior level this year and I feel would be a handy aqusition, as would Tuck who has shown to be a good clearance player as well as a strong link man.

Thoughts??

Just looking through some of the team lists.

What are peoples thoughts on Travis Tuck and Josh P.Kennedy both from the hawks, Kennedy has shown something at senior level this year and I feel would be a handy aqusition, as would Tuck who has shown to be a good clearance player as well as a strong link man.

Thoughts??
No to both, especially Tuck. He is one of the slowest players in the league and has shocking foot skills.

No to both, especially Tuck. He is one of the slowest players in the league and has shocking foot skills.

Hwathorn's Tuck, not Richmond's ;)

Travis uses the ball at 75%, compared to his siblings 69%, Travis also averages 5 hardall gets per game in 2009, also averages 2 tackles a game, and one goal assist per game, is a tough inside mid, something that we need, but hey, im just offering useless ideas that no one wants to here, they just want to hear, Daniel Kerr wants to come to Essendon, Joel Selwood said he wants to come to Essendon, am doing a bit better job than most other people.

i know it provides people with something to talk about but i can't understand why anyone would want to trade some of our young players to any other club. I think we have drafted pretty well over the last few years and from what i can see its only a matter of cutting away the dead wood - skipworth, nash, lovett-murray, lucas - and getting some new kids in.

i know it provides people with something to talk about but i can't understand why anyone would want to trade some of our young players to any other club. I think we have drafted pretty well over the last few years and from what i can see its only a matter of cutting away the dead wood - skipworth, nash, lovett-murray, lucas - and getting some new kids in.

Not once have I suggested trading away kids today, I may have in the past, but today, I am just throwing up ideas on who we could get, or use, to add to our developing list, who do you have on your radar, the guys forementioned are fronge guys who cannot break into good midfields, itd be a worry if we went for a KPP who could not break into a poor KPP side (ie: Campbell at Fremantle).

These kids mentioned are ones who I think can add something to our list.

Just some food for thought really...

Hwathorn's Tuck, not Richmond's ;)

Travis uses the ball at 75%, compared to his siblings 69%, Travis also averages 5 hardall gets per game in 2009, also averages 2 tackles a game, and one goal assist per game, is a tough inside mid, something that we need, but hey, im just offering useless ideas that no one wants to here, they just want to hear, Daniel Kerr wants to come to Essendon, Joel Selwood said he wants to come to Essendon, am doing a bit better job than most other people.
I was talking about Hawthorn's Tuck. He is slow, probably slower than Richmond's. He also has ordinary foot skills, that's a fact.

Re: Cleve Hughes

Not sure i would want to add him. We have enough problems with Watson, Stanton,Lovett and Prismall who are not great defensively.
I just don't think you can add another player with a poor defensvie record and ordinary skills to our side.
There is no doubt Tuck can play and find the ball but he would be a massive risk for us.
Yep your right there I think, specially if we get big pre seasons under the belts of Welsh and Mcveigh.
I really dont think we will take part in trade week, surely Gumby will have some luck, Winders also and Laycock to get back on track.
With those things happening I reckon we can do some smart drafting we will really set ourselves up for the future. I have this felling that Jetta may look to go home though??
What sort of players do you think we should draft? I'd like to see if we could swoop on a young utility who could play anywhere, even on ball any thoughts?

So? Doesn't mean the club won't look to trade him off or pay out his contract.

Don't get me wrong, I want him retained, I just think the club will look to move him on.

By all reports all he 'shows' is the odd speccy. More room for improvement, yes.
However I doubt Knights will delist Skipworth a year after drafting him for depth. I also believe we're able to delist Williams and re-draft him as a rookie, freeing up a spot on the senior list while he hopefully develops.

Let me say these aren't what I want to see happen, more what I believe will happen.
Given GC have the first few picks in this year's rookie draft, the option to delist and rookie Williams probably doesn't exist.
Not sure given this is Magin's second year how that will work with the GC picks either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Lucas retiring, and (i assume) Williams and Nash to be delisted, Atkinson might of saved himself in the last two weeks, any thoughts on if anyone else is a chance to go? Is there a minimum picks you have to have in the draft?

I'm fairly sure I heard Alan Richardson say they were pretty impressed with John Williams. Just unlucky with injury.

Look elsewhere.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?p=15426242#post15426242

I'm thinking lonergan may very well be in the gun for this. I like him, but this draft is pivotal if we see there's a number of key players we could pluck out.

maybe Lonergan + 4th round pick for 1st + 3rd round pick?

Lonergan isnt quite in the Daicos mould. I think they would be going for your Rioli, Lovett, Higgins young forwards... That being said, I don't think they will get anywhere near them...

I'm fairly sure I heard Alan Richardson say they were pretty impressed with John Williams. Just unlucky with injury.

Look elsewhere.

I also think he might stay.

If you look at the makeup of our list (appreciate that not all players on our list will make it), medium forwards is one area we are short. Monfries (Winderlich when he plays there) is really the only one we have on our list and McPhee/NLM who rotate between the two.

But we don't have the Medhurst/Johnson type player that really compliment a forward line.

There's something about Williams.

I also think he might stay.

If you look at the makeup of our list (appreciate that not all players on our list will make it), medium forwards is one area we are short. Monfries (Winderlich when he plays there) is really the only one we have on our list and McPhee/NLM who rotate between the two.

But we don't have the Medhurst/Johnson type player that really compliment a forward line.

There's something about Williams.

There sure is............ he can't play.

We might as well bring back Dean Dick and Danny Chartres if we keep Williams on the list.

There sure is............ he can't play.

We might as well bring back Dean Dick and Danny Chartres if we keep Williams on the list.

At risk of sounding like Ant, do you watch enough of Bendigo to make that call?

I don't think he'll make it, but he has more to offer than those guys and he does have some talent.

I just wouldn't be surprised if we kept him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back