Remove this Banner Ad

Merv

<b>Resident Mongrel</b>
10k Posts
Jun 24, 2006
The start of a new era
AFL Club
Essendon
Well i had a win with my value bet last week with the Hawks @ the attractive odds of $2.38, it helped to easy my pain from my Bombers losing.

This week i have decided to back up again on the Hawks in what looks to be a 50/50 game.

They have had some sucess in WA, Franklin dominating and Freo far from in peak form.

@ $2.96, Get on

Have to agree that we're undervalued.

That said, it'll be an angry Fremantle team that takes to the field on Sunday that will have a hell of a lot to prove.

For value bets I like the $11 on offer for North to kick the highest score of the round.

Currently 3rd highest scoring team for the season.

Port Adelaide faves, vs Richmond - on this wager @ $4.50 is still good value.

$67 for Aaron Edwards as highest goal kicker for the round is also tempting.

Port Adelaide are currently $2.45 to win less than 39 points.... looks alright to me.

Port Adelaide are currently $2.45 to win less than 39 points.... looks alright to me.

Seriously, you could take the field for just the 1st quarter and spend the rest of the night in the sheds and beat Richmond.

Think about it, their 1st shot at goal in the 2nd term will miss, and there won't be anyone from your team on the field to kick the ball back into play.

I don't care how many players have been dropped, given rev ups by Wallet etc. You will flog them by 100+ points again.

Freo are good odds. Get on Freo. Monty to beat the overrated Hawks.

If you like losing your money.

Wont even kick 3.

I thought the Eagles were good value drifting out to 1.90. Geelong have beaten the 3 worst teams in the comp this year, have lost 4 out of their last 5 against West Coast, and are without Paul Chapman.

Probably wont get Eagles at 1.90 too many times for the rest of the season...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously, you could take the field for just the 1st quarter and spend the rest of the night in the sheds and beat Richmond.

Think about it, their 1st shot at goal in the 2nd term will miss, and there won't be anyone from your team on the field to kick the ball back into play.

I don't care how many players have been dropped, given rev ups by Wallet etc. You will flog them by 100+ points again.

It is actually quite rare for teams to cop hidings like last week, two weeks running.
Richmond came back from 100+ point hidings three times last year to play well:
R1 2006 L 115pts to WB, R2 L 11pts to StK
R7 2006 L 118pts to Syd, R8 W 3pts to Adel, R9 W 20pts Geel
R17 2006 L 103pts to StK, R18 L 22pts to WB, R19 W 82pts Bris

In addition, both last year and this year, Port are showing that by attacking teams that are more favoured, they come up quite polished, yet we struggle against teams that we should beat. Our record last year against 2006 top 8 teams was better than the record against 2006 bottom 8 teams. Melbourne last week is another example.
Showers are also on their way to Adelaide, but will be about 12 hours late for Richmond it seems.

For value bets I like the $11 on offer for North to kick the highest score of the round.

Currently 3rd highest scoring team for the season.

Port Adelaide faves, vs Richmond - on this wager @ $4.50 is still good value.

And you're playing the team that is the 2nd highest scoring team.

And you're playing the team that is the 2nd highest scoring team.

Merv:confused: you must have some connection to the real Merv... the Sydney Swans past players are looking for the real Merv for imprtant get together!

Grab some brains and some 'courage' and contact the club ... if you haven't already got the mail!

If no association why the nic!?

Merv:confused: you must have some connection to the real Merv... the Sydney Swans past players are looking for the real Merv for imprtant get together!

Grab some brains and some 'courage' and contact the club ... if you haven't already got the mail!

If no association why the nic!?

Corpuscles, thanks for that mate.
I have receieved the mail, but my true love is and always has been Essendon.

I take an even larger interest now, as my son makes his way through the VFL.

If you ever saw my career, you would be aware i never lacked any courage.

I like you nick BTW....

Remove this Banner Ad

Merv's Value Bet Of The Week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back