Coach Michael Voss

Remove this Banner Ad

"structural changes will need to occur" it's said every time another coach goes.......

Totally agree.

I’m not advocating for Voss to be sacked, but I am advocating for the club to at a minimum enter the modern world and provide the correct structure and support around the senior coach AND demand excellence in all that it does. Time to step up Brian Cook and stamp your mark.

Exactly what I have been saying. This has been our issue post Parkin.

My theory, no one wants to work for us due to our reputation.
whoop there it is rebel wilson GIF by Pitch Perfect

Keeping a coach and putting better support around them is the right thing to do if you think you have the right guy in charge. Absolutely agree with that.

Keeping a coach who for whatever reason has regressed 90% of the talent of the playing group and seemingly stripped them of all confidence and natural flair is not the right call. In the last 3 weeks we have kicked 21 goals. Read that again. An average of 7 goals a match. With 2 Coleman medal winners.

If we move Voss on.. we should definitely be making other changes as Ockham said. Putting a quality team around the new coach, sorting out all the off-field stuff, and demanding excellence like successful organisations do. All our off-field stuff (bar the fluff our media team do) is as outdated as our game plan.

Keeping a coach and putting better support around them is the right thing to do if you think you have the right guy in charge. Absolutely agree with that.

Keeping a coach who for whatever reason has regressed 90% of the talent of the playing group and seemingly stripped them of all confidence and natural flair is not the right call. In the last 3 weeks we have kicked 21 goals. Read that again. An average of 7 goals a match. With 2 Coleman medal winners.

If we move Voss on.. we should definitely be making other changes as Ockham said. Putting a quality team around the new coach, sorting out all the off-field stuff, and demanding excellence like successful organisations do. All our off-field stuff (bar the fluff our media team do) is as outdated as our game plan.
Since round 10 last year, if you exclude the west coast game we have averaged under 60 points a game

I think most would jump at the chance. With the list we have and the fact that Voss will probably get the lemon and sarse at the end of his contract, they could potentially inherit a great gig.
They haven't been jumping for a lot of years. Teague was the last big name assistant to come across. Maybe Hansen.

I think most would jump at the chance. With the list we have and the fact that Voss will probably get the lemon and sarse at the end of his contract, they could potentially inherit a great gig.
Just do what it takes to get Dimma, he knows how to build a team and group up, he knows how to build relationships with players, doesn’t tolerate any BS and has a proven system that works to win premierships and whose style would actually suit our players!!

The way our team and club is trending we need some who is proven, strong and still young enough/current to the way the game is played today!!

Get it done Luke Sayers and Brian Cook!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly what I have been saying. This has been our issue post Parkin.

My theory, no one wants to work for us due to our reputation.

There are plenty of good football people itching to get a go at a senior level coaching gig, who would love to coach our top end talent. We just need to find the right one, and then put the right experienced people beside them.

It was once again our searching for a messiah, and our obsession with landing an “experienced coach”, that got us to where we are. Hindsight is a beautiful thing but Voss isn’t and won’t be the guy and that should’ve been obvious.

Was withholding this for as long as I could. Club now needs to be ruthless.

One, or several of these things needs to happen...
1. Voss must fall on his sword.
2. Assistants and Football Department need to be completely revamped.
3. Board must be replaced.
4. Be ruthless at the trade table.

Another wasted season.
If you sack all those listed who can make a true judgment of trading players in or out .. changes need to be made but I would start at the foot boss/director -- like now ..
Then check off all the list above --
Boards take care of themselves -- CEO -footy director are your two most important outside the coach ..
we know the CEO is successful -- the director has proven he isn't --

If you sack all those listed who can make a true judgment of trading players in or out .. changes need to be made but I would start at the foot boss/director -- like now ..
Then check off all the list above --
Boards take care of themselves -- CEO -footy director are your two most important outside the coach ..
we know the CEO is successful -- the director has proven he isn't --
CEO has 1 yr left on his contract.

We coaxed him out of retirement to take over. Is he up for this challenge?

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk

Totally agree.

I’m not advocating for Voss to be sacked, but I am advocating for the club to at a minimum enter the modern world and provide the correct structure and support around the senior coach AND demand excellence in all that it does. Time to step up Brian Cook and stamp your mark.
Did Voss not select his assistants?
Most senior coaches tend to hand pick their own eg Ross Lyon?

Kicking techniques are overrated … it’s more about confidence in the process.
Not one of the top 30 AFL/VFL goalkickers have exactly the same technique. For example think about Buddy, Fev, Sticks, Richo …
Our guys are completely lacking in confidence. Too much ‘you are ok, it will come’ rather than demanding best practice.
They look like they fear the outcome rather than focus the on the process.
It’s my view coaches can play a massive role here.
The coach could always pull the selection night lever?
Nope, won't do that.
Lets just continue to pick the same out of form players every week...and claim minor injuries are hampering our 'stars' output.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Michael Voss

Remove this Banner Ad

Back