Coach Michael Voss

Remove this Banner Ad

Along with Buckley and Hird, he was generally regarded in the top 3 players of his era. I would always pick him first from those 3, and he won my heart in the 2002 grand final.
Probably should have won the Norm Smith.
They picked the NSM winner early in the last quarter back then, which is so typical of AFL leadership. He would've won it if they considered the whole game.

Hird was a better player than he had any right to be given his build.
Party Friends GIF

Yes Vossy 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Voss said he was disappointed to hear commentary that Walsh had feigned his head being thrown forward into the ground while he was tackled.

“I thought that questioned the integrity of Sam Walsh, and it was just a ridiculous comment to make,” he said.
“I’d be happy enough to have that argument with anyone standing in front of me.”

With the three players mentioned, I always thought Voss was the best, not only for footy skills, but leadership at Lions in that triple premiership years. For me, Hird looked most skillful, Buckley also incredible, but for overall impact - Voss. Am truly hoping for a synergy between the triple premiership player and achievements at CFC.

Remember when he was crying on the bench cause his foot went again, I think against Freo over there? Was told by someone I know that a few days before that a client of his told him he had been caught using steroids. The AFL brokered a deal with bombers in which they kept it hush hush and he would miss the remainder of the year under the guise of another foot fracture.

Saw him in the city walking about 6 months ago or so and he looked like he had aged a lot. I felt sorry for him to be honest.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Remember when he was crying on the bench cause his foot went again, I think against Freo over there? Was told by someone I know that a few days before that a client of his told him he had been caught using steroids. The AFL brokered a deal with bombers in which they kept it hush hush and he would miss the remainder of the year under the guise of another foot fracture.

Saw him in the city walking about 6 months ago or so and he looked like he had aged a lot. I felt sorry for him to be honest.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
I struggle to feel sorry for arrogant narcissistic people who refuse to take any accountability for their actions

I met Voss at a birthday party 8 years ago, while he was at Port Adelaide. The man is a legend. I know why the boys go in to bat for him - I met him once and would run through walls for him.

He's so genuine, a people person who engages you with interest and a sparkle in his eye. In a room full of footy legends, he was relaxed, conversational, and inquisitive. Imagine if you will, this triple premiership captain brownlow medalist, engaging deeply with my stories of Sunday league soccer, never belittling the chasm between our sporting achievements but finding and appreciating the smallest parallels.

He is our man. Even if he never takes us to the promised land, we are so very lucky to have him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Time for him to make some changes. This game plan has been figured out and if we don’t win clearances we are easily beaten.

We scraped home against a rabble last week and if it weren’t for that we’d have lost 4 in a row.

I have faith that he can do it, but the time is now or else this season is done.

I mean the guy is and always has been a bang average coach, carried by Charlie and Cripps for 3 years, absolutely wasting a golden opportunity this year.

I'm sorry Vossy but you're as cooked as the list is at the moment.

When Harry was a late out and Ratogolea got on top of Kemp it should have been obvious that you move the taller key defender option (Young) onto him and you move the athletic jumper who could have given you X factor (Kemp) forward.

The criticisms of not having a Plan B were back in full force tonight.

Last year our success was built on the "next man up" philosophy. We had as many injuries in the second half of the year as what we do right now. With Elijah Hollands and the internal development of several players, we've improved the list. Yet the team goes to water.

Part of that has to be on the coaching. And yet Vossy, you're not doing anything to change things up.

Depressing.

Some of the comments in here from otherwise good posters are very reactionary…and disappointing.
Nobody has thrown the baby out with the bathwater. It's fair and reasonable to lament that coaching performance. Coaches are like players. They have ups and downs. Vossy seems to be in a rut atm. So as this is a discussion board.... People will discuss it.....

Nobody has thrown the baby out with the bathwater. It's fair and reasonable to lament that coaching performance. Coaches are like players. They have ups and downs. Vossy seems to be in a rut atm. So as this is a discussion board.... People will discuss it.....
Please tell me what you think he did that was so bad tonight?

I'm sorry Vossy but you're as cooked as the list is at the moment.

When Harry was a late out and Ratogolea got on top of Kemp it should have been obvious that you move the taller key defender option (Young) onto him and you move the athletic jumper who could have given you X factor (Kemp) forward.

The criticisms of not having a Plan B were back in full force tonight.

Last year our success was built on the "next man up" philosophy. We had as many injuries in the second half of the year as what we do right now. With Elijah Hollands and the internal development of several players, we've improved the list. Yet the team goes to water.

Part of that has to be on the coaching. And yet Vossy, you're not doing anything to change things up.

Depressing.
Valid observation and opinion. That's 3 years now under Voss where the team can't sustain the intensity for a full season. It ain't over yet but the signs aren't good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Michael Voss

Remove this Banner Ad

Back