Coach Michael Voss

Remove this Banner Ad

A touch pedantic but if GWS wins today they've effectively accomplished the same. Bottom 4 after round 12, then won 10 of their next 12 to get into a semi.
Let's wait and see what happens over in Adelaide today. Win that and I'm ready to declare them as beating Collingwood in a prelim.

Ratts couldn’t even dream of a run like this.

Facing massive challenges against top teams and winning the close ones.

Literally every close one this year.

The 2008-2013 team was BOG average with a sprinkling of guns carrying the rest.

This team is a solidified unit.
This is the best team we've had represent us since the 90s and Voss is heads and shoulders above everyone who coached after Parkin. It's not even close.

Most Importantly, the Club itself is finally operating as a Club should. That makes things better for coaches and players too.

A touch pedantic but if GWS wins today they've effectively accomplished the same. Bottom 4 after round 12, then won 10 of their next 12 to get into a semi.

True but you're forgetting a major difference...

Kingsley under nowhere near as much pressure as Voss was...

GWS have a mini bus full of fans following them around the country, it really isn't comparable to a juggernaut club of the AFL.

Glad to be proven wrong here.
I was shocked at how different the middle of the year was compared to the start of 2022, or even '23, so I thought the players had lost all confidence in their coach.
Credit to the man for not only being open to change but for also implementing it.
And look how that exact same scenario & mindset panned out for Bomber Thompson at the Cats and Hardwick.
I'm glad Vossy was smarter and recognised it a lot earlier.

How about you get over yourself pal...

"Ratts couldn't even dream of"

Yeah pretty obvious you're taking a dig at him. Pathetic.

Your comprehension skills are very incommensurate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get over yourself.

If that’s sinking the boots into Rats, go outside and touch some grass.
I thought it was a fair call. Vossy's Run is totally separate set of circumstances.
There was no need to belittle a heart and soul champion of this club.

How about you get over yourself pal...

"Ratts couldn't even dream of"

Yeah pretty obvious you're taking a dig at him. Pathetic.
Maybe he could dream of it. But he didn’t.

Im not saying he was a bad coach. But what this team has produced this year is the complete opposite from how inconsistent and flat track bully-like we were under Ratten in the peak years.

If I used one of the lesser name coaches would you have spat the dummy, chief?

Port Adelaide have never won a final under Ken Hinkley without Voss as an assistant.

Last edited:
Deserves coach of the year.

I don't care what anyone says about player availability...

All that talk about not having Martin and Cunners in our forward line... we didn't have them in the last quarter last night... oh and a bloke named Harry McKay was missing and another bloke named Jack Silvagni was missing from that forward line too...

To take a team on the brink of implosion, sitting bottom 4 half way through the season, external noise about his tenure being done... to win 11 of the next 12 games into a prelim...

I don't think that's ever been done and probably never will happen again.

End of the day, the players won't perform unless they buy in and the coach is the one who has to make that happen.

Voss did just that.
100%

If Voss was sacked as Carlton coach, then his senior coaching ambitions would be gone forever. The pressure on him must have been immense.

Kingsley didn't have that pressure. Both have been magnificent, but Voss had a hell of a lot more to lose....sometimes great players aren't great coaches, and vice versa.

Equally, watching Voss coach the last few months you realise what made him a great. Most players tighten up when the stakes are at their highest, the great players find a way to play with freedom...they aren't afraid to lose.

The best loser wins.

This is the best team we've had represent us since the 90s and Voss is heads and shoulders above everyone who coached after Parkin. It's not even close.

Most Importantly, the Club itself is finally operating as a Club should. That makes things better for coaches and players too.
I wouldn't under estimate here the influence / experience of Cook behind closed doors. Has allowed Voss and team the space and confidence to not appease anyone but to do what he has been brought in to do.

100%

If Voss was sacked as Carlton coach, then his senior coaching ambitions would be gone forever. The pressure on him must have been immense.

Kingsley didn't have that pressure. Both have been magnificent, but Voss had a hell of a lot more to lose....sometimes great players aren't great coaches, and vice versa.

Equally, watching Voss coach the last few months you realise what made him a great. Most players tighten up when the stakes are at their highest, the great players find a way to play with freedom...they aren't afraid to lose.

The best loser wins.
Good grief! Such sense from an Essendon fan. Walk away from the dark side at Windy Hill and come into the light 😄

100%

The best loser wins.

A week is a long time in footy, 10 weeks feels like a lifetime
ca1a460b60053bb79018da97c62fe224.jpg
Jonathan Horn showing how inept and unconscious most of the media is.

Crappy premise built on the same old click bait rubbish.

I hope those who followed this belief in the weeks that followed are looking inward right now.

One (🐟) “supporter” even started a podcast, using his media rant as the base.

Once the season turned - magically the podcast disappeared - embarrassing for him & hopefully some great learning for others!

Jonathan Horn showing how inept and unconscious most of the media is.

Crappy premise built on the same old click bait rubbish.

I hope those who followed this belief in the weeks that followed are looking inward right now.

One (🐟) “supporter” even started a podcast, using his media rant as the base.

Once the season turned - magically the podcast disappeared - embarrassing for him & hopefully some great learning for others!
Unlike others, Horn did write a piece acknowledging he got sacked in by the noise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Michael Voss

Remove this Banner Ad

Back