Coach Michael Voss

Remove this Banner Ad

Why not though? If not now, when? The players aren't getting younger and the patience within the fan base is wearing in. The toxcity when it reaches a bad level, will ruin this club
why does it have to get toxic?

Not sure anyone suggested we would win a flag this year, nor repeated it
Finals were the minimum for 2023 and our method and list deficiencies means we are holding onto that by our fingernails. Every fan in 2015 when this rebuild started suggested Carlton would have played finals by now. 7 seasons. No finals. Nearly 200 odd games in the bottom half of the ladder

Finals were the minimum for 2023 and our method and list deficiencies means we are holding onto that by our fingernails. Every fan in 2015 when this rebuild started suggested Carlton would have played finals by now. 7 seasons. No finals. Nearly 200 odd games in the bottom half of the ladder

Michael I don't care about the past, and let's not get started with predictions

No one, has repeatedly stated we would win a flag this year

Sayers at one stage said he expected us to play finals in 2022 and we didnt make it although we showed excellent signs in the early part of the season

id say we are expected to definitely make finals this year.

its early yet but I am a little on the worried side atm.

im hoping as we get some players back and fingers crossed coaches make some tweaks we will get there.

We all wanted Voss, from board level down, to add a harder edge to what was a soft side overall.

Here we are some ways down the track, and it is still an issue. The main issue.

Is Voss afraid of losing the players?
Or has that already begun??

I really don't know what the answer is at this point, but I'm sick of making excuses for the club and hearing from people who have rose coloured glasses that would fit on the hubble telescope.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

As disappointed as I am in Voss I think was ok to back the players in after 1 loss…despite how bad our wins were…he looked a lot more upset this week in the presser and I think (hope) we will see changes this week

I’ve no idea if Voss is good or bad but you’ll know when he’s on the way out because Cripps will start playing doggo like he did to Bolton and Teague.

And if they do sack Voss then Cripps should be out with him.
I would venture to say nobody here knows whether Voss is good or bad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still way too early to call this season a write off Voss a poor appointment.

Let's wait until after the bye round (at least)
I’m just basing on our last half of the year last year once clubs had worked us out and the putrid (same) football we have delivered this year. Once again it looks like the coach is being led by the players and not the other way around.

For whatever reason that never happens with Ross the Boss … he has that ingredient that has been missing from the playing group for decades now.

Watched the Fox Footy Mic'd up during training video on their youtube channel and the thing that caught my attention the most was Weiterings body language when Voss was talking to him. Seemed disinterested.

We all wanted Voss, from board level down, to add a harder edge to what was a soft side overall.

Here we are some ways down the track, and it is still an issue. The main issue.

Is Voss afraid of losing the players?
Or has that already begun??

I really don't know what the answer is at this point, but I'm sick of making excuses for the club and hearing from people who have rose coloured glasses that would fit on the hubble telescope.

I think he has done that. We are a far more resilient team than we were in years gone by when opposition teams would get a run on and kick 5+ goals consecutively every other week.

On the weekend St Kilda won the game on the back of a third quarter run when Jack Silvagni missed a goal from 15 metres out and Harry missed twice in 30 seconds. The coach cannot be blamed for that.

Watched the Fox Footy Mic'd up during training video on their youtube channel and the thing that caught my attention the most was Weiterings body language when Voss was talking to him. Seemed disinterested.

Think your clutching at straws there mate

He was excellent in the contest but his goal misses were extremely deflating.
Agreed as Stamos said he has kicked 0.7 this year but I hardly think that is evidence of Cripps dropping his bundle to get a coach he no longer believes in to get the sack.

I think he has done that. We are a far more resilient team than we were in years gone by when opposition teams would get a run on and kick 5+ goals consecutively every other week.

On the weekend St Kilda won the game on the back of a third quarter run when Jack Silvagni missed a goal from 15 metres out and Harry missed twice in 30 seconds. The coach cannot be blamed for that.

The misses hurt a lot. That continually plagues us. Cost us a lot last year.
But.. the game plan he has in place is so far against the trend of modern footy and is 100% not suited to the strengths of our playing list. It’s hugely concerning at this point. Had we kicked those goals and won it would have papered over the cracks of what is frankly a disgusting game plan. Voss has time to turn it around and I hope he does, but he needs to put his ego in check and realise what he’s implementing isn’t working. Let’s see how he adapts because that will tell us if he’s the right coach for us or not.

We don’t have the foot skills to play chip chip slow and defensive. We have two Coleman medalists. Move the ball quickly, chain up by hand, play on instinct, get the crumbers at the fall of the ball. Strip it right back and let our talent shine.

thanks for sharing this. i dont blame weiters or the other players that have to listen to that BS. that would be hard to listen to as a player. just mumbling words. i couldnt make too much sense of what he was trying to say tbh. he looks like a pretty poor communicator. he needs to slow down and think about his messaging. at the same time he is playing around with the ball. is he serious or what??

A reminder that last year we looked a top 4 team when our cattle was on the park. Injuries derailed our season but don't remember many sitting around saying Voss cant coach. Things haven't clicked this year yet but thats probably more on players being horrifically out of form such as our midfield up until this week and Harry missing half his shots on goal.

2 losses and people are calling for a nuke of Ikon park. It's ridiculous when you look at our list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Michael Voss

Remove this Banner Ad

Back