Mid-season Draft discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

My guy on the ground at SANFL level says Jeka and Kosi are well ahead of Callow. Doesn’t suit us.

My guy on the ground at SANFL level says Jeka and Kosi are well ahead of Callow. Doesn’t suit us.

He may be behind Kozi and Jeka but not Lewis. Lewis is highly talented but doesn’t crash packs anywhere near enough as he should. Lacks intensity which Callow doesn’t. Bringing Callow in would be a bonus to our forward line

Having said that we need another ruckman more than we need Another key forward

He may be behind Kozi and Jeka but not Lewis. Lewis is highly talented but doesn’t crash packs anywhere near enough as he should. Lacks intensity which Callow doesn’t. Bringing Callow in would be a bonus to our forward line

pace we need pacey onballers ours are just way to slow and lack kicking efficiency - Dunstall would be lucky to kick a goal they way we enter inside 50

Callow is not going to play the same role as Lewis.

I personally would pick Callow over Moyle.
The you'd be stuck with Callow & without a 2nd developing ruckman, you'd be stuck with Ceglar/Brooksby.

Callow lacks pace & agility. He isn't finding that at AFL level - he's gonna be found out for not having it.

After watching the game vs Gold Coast all I think we need is:
  • Big bodied midfielder with good skills
  • Explosive contested midfielder with good skills
  • A midfielder with a defensive side (preferably with good skills)
  • Outside player with speed and good skills x 2
  • A tall forward who can take marks in contested situations
  • Small forwards with pressure and speed
  • Ruck depth so we aren’t up shit creek when McEvoy, Ceglar & Brooksby retire in the next 2 years
  • A defender that doesn’t turn the ball over at every opportunity

• Ruck depth so we aren’t up sh*t creek when McEvoy, Ceglar & Brooksby retire in the next 2 years
So, everything?

ColorfulFreeChinesecrocodilelizard-size_restricted.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lewis dominated the VFL before getting games in the seniors, Callows isn't ahead of Lewis.

I understand its the MSD and so we might not rate that many players but if we simply take Newcombe with 2 I'll be convinced the club is incompetent
Maybe they really want Newcombe but don’t rate anyone else they expect to be there at the second pick? Why would that make them incompetent?

• Ruck depth so we aren’t up sh*t creek when McEvoy, Ceglar & Brooksby retire in the next 2 years
So, in other words we're doing alright yeah ?

I really hope he is foxing for whatever reason... Would be typical conservative Hawthorn. We very clearly have a way to open the space up for a second pick...

As outrageous as it is with this disaster of a list, maybe it is a cap space issue? I understand our settlement with Patton all comes under this years cap so we aren’t carrying his rubbish into the future.

But yes we need every addition to this list we can find so I’d be very disappointed with only one pick

So Sicily is gonna play again this year? What the fk are we doing?
He did say “at this stage” so don’t stress too much just yet. But yes, if this is the case and we don’t take 2 picks then that might be Clarkos final nail in the coffin for mine. I mean what’s to lose picking a gun state league player with our second, worse case scenario he’s similar to a Phillips/cousins etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Mid-season Draft discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back