Might we see an all WA or all NSW Grand Final?

Remove this Banner Ad

WC are better than Adelaide, Brisbane, Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon, GC, Geelong, GWS, Melbourne, North, Richmond, St Kilda and Port.

Why.gif

Wc have a long way to go.

Top 8 looking likely, but if you listen to simmo in any pressers, he is very keen to not talk us up. We aren't consistent enough for long enough to be a threat, yet.

Considering the setbacks we have had with injury, finals would be a fantastic achievement. A home final would be brilliant.

Happily bet you a BF premium account that you don't finish top 6. You haven't played half of those teams you are better than :l
What?

And who cares. People forget that the Eagles belted teams at the end of last season as well and only just missed on top 8 because Sydney wanted Richmond to make the 8.

Yes, I admit it, as a Sydney fan, I quite like seeing my team in grand finals. Throw the book at me.

My point is more about a GF happening which is a local derby, which seems to exercise a lot of footy fans anyway, but for the first time, a non-Victorian one.

Interesting that a few responses say it won't happen because WC or GWS will drop off. As I said, we're a third of the way into the season, so who can say? But their reasoning seems to be that they will drop off because, well, because they think they will drop off. Ladder position, which, after all, is all that matters, somehow doesn't actually matter to some people.
There will be GWS nay-sayers until they win finals. That's the nature of the beast. Good team but probably 12 months premature to be talking about the Giants beating the likes of Fremantle, West Coast or Hawthorn in September to reach a Grand Final versus Sydney

West Coast v Fremantle is a possibility, but I see no reason to change my pre-season tip of a Sydney v Fremantle Grand Final. My flagging Hawk bias aside, those two look like the strongest teams in 2015 to me. I expect Freo to win 19 or 20 games and Sydney to win 17 or 18. Unless the Hawks finish 3rd or 4th and produce an upset win away from home, I can't see anyone else knocking off those two.

Happily bet you a BF premium account that you don't finish top 6. You haven't played half of those teams you are better than :l

The Port win was big. The other wins are against St Kilda, Carlton, Gold Coast, GWS @ PS and Brisbane.

Collingwood were looking awesome too when they were playing the minnows. The Eagles have got the Cats, Tigers and Roos in the next month, the latter two are both away. Should be interesting.

Why do people rate WCE so highly? They're a decent side that is a good chance at finishing 7th-8th, but they're not a flag threat...

I would agree in a typical year, but they're 6-2 with a healthy percentage and hawks/port are off their game. Not a stretch that WC finish 3rd or 4th now.

Personally I think they'll fall in a heap towards the end of the year - big injury list and midfield unlikely to cut it with the big boys in September. But they're doing incredibly well atm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think an all WA or all NSW (or even all SA or all QLD) Grand Final would be fantastic. We should even move the game around the country and not have it at the MCG by default every year. The crowds at Perth and Adelaide are fantastic - those would be great venues for a Grand Final.

Now I will duck as rocks get thrown my way. ;)

I think an all WA or all NSW (or even better an all QLD) Grand Final would be fantastic. We should even move the game around the country and not have it at the MCG by default every year. The crowds at Perth and Adelaide are fantastic - those would be great venues for a Grand Final.

forget ducking run, from the onslaught of UDL cans.

I think an all WA or all NSW (or even all SA or all QLD) Grand Final would be fantastic. We should even move the game around the country and not have it at the MCG by default every year. The crowds at Perth and Adelaide are fantastic - those would be great venues for a Grand Final.

It does sound kind of silly to contest the biggest possible derby encounter in another city.
But money talks with the AFL, they'd want it at the MCG regardless of who is playing.

I actually agree with this, should any club finish top of the ladder and win its way into the GF it should have the GF played in it's state.

Yes, I admit it, as a Sydney fan, I quite like seeing my team in grand finals. Throw the book at me.

My point is more about a GF happening which is a local derby, which seems to exercise a lot of footy fans anyway, but for the first time, a non-Victorian one.

Interesting that a few responses say it won't happen because WC or GWS will drop off. As I said, we're a third of the way into the season, so who can say? But their reasoning seems to be that they will drop off because, well, because they think they will drop off. Ladder position, which, after all, is all that matters, somehow doesn't actually matter to some people.

After 10 rounds last year GC were 3rd.

Guessing people are using that as a basis for GWS maybe not having enough to finish top 4.

Not sure why you're carrying on about it so much?

And who cares. People forget that the Eagles belted teams at the end of last season as well and only just missed on top 8 because Sydney wanted Richmond to make the 8.

Loosing to Richmond at home in Rd 18 cost you finals not Syndey.

You belted Gold Coast, Melbourne.... Yeah pretty sure most teams did that last season too. And you smashed 11th placed average Collingwood. Deffs going to win the Flag after that amazing end to season

After 10 rounds last year GC were 3rd.

Guessing people are using that as a basis for GWS maybe not having enough to finish top 4.

Not sure why you're carrying on about it so much?
Yes, heaven forfend that a footy fan on BF would start a thread on a footy topic for footy fans to discuss.

The MB is always full of simplistic tipping threads, for instance. The weekly results and crowd numbers threads strike me as particularly mind-numbing, with page after page of posters arguing about their random predictions for crowd numbers with no evidence whatsoever to back any of their assertions... I hardly see that this is worse than them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Might we see an all WA or all NSW Grand Final?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back