Lions
Eagles
Sydney
Dogs
Hawks ( 8th )

Brownlow : DalSanto

Next big thing : Deledio

source :WA Sunday Times

Well I gotta be honest and say I thought St.K would have been up there as well. I was worried about how Geelong would go after a shortened preseason and a big celebration and I still thought Haw were probably 1 yr away from it.
Dal Santo-I really believe St.K should trade him as he would have some great value and I reckon the way he plays explains exactly the Saints short comings!

I always though Dal Santo was a little bit overrated. He is an outside player who has the ball fed to him from the in and under types. This explains why he only plays well when the team is going well.

What chance did we have with Sheahan predicting us as premiers, for a so called footy expert he makes hopeless predictions.

He also predicted that the top 8 wouldn't change halfway through the year and it did. He also predicted Geelong would win the GF in his article on Saturday and that the Hawks would have to wait another year, guess what happened. He really should just give up on making predictions, they just make him look a fool when they always go so horribly wrong.

What chance did we have with Sheahan predicting us as premiers, for a so called footy expert he makes hopeless predictions.

He also predicted that the top 8 wouldn't change halfway through the year and it did. He also predicted Geelong would win the GF in his article on Saturday and that the Hawks would have to wait another year, guess what happened. He really should just give up on making predictions, they just make him look a fool when they always go so horribly wrong.
Sheahan knows a fair bit. No one can predict the future

Well considering he picked 6 out of the top 8 i think he did a fair job. The team he picked for premiers finished top 4 and his emerging player really did have a breakthrough year winning the B&F for his club. His Dal Santo prediction was the only one way off the mark.

And alot of people shared the same view about Geelong winning and Hawks having to wait another year. I mean they were the favorites and expected to go back-to-back so I can't see how he went "horribly wrong" as you put it.

Oh and as someone already put it no-one can predict the future, you are allowed to be wrong when making predictions.

Well considering he picked 6 out of the top 8 i think he did a fair job. The team he picked for premiers finished top 4 and his emerging player really did have a breakthrough year winning the B&F for his club. His Dal Santo prediction was the only one way off the mark.

And alot of people shared the same view about Geelong winning and Hawks having to wait another year. I mean they were the favorites and expected to go back-to-back so I can't see how he went "horribly wrong" as you put it.

Oh and as someone already put it no-one can predict the future, you are allowed to be wrong when making predictions.

It's true that no one can predict the future but it's still annoying when these so called experts try and pass off their predictions as being somehow more knowledgeable or accurate than the rest of us plebs.

The truth is they don't really know any more than the rest of us and their predictions are usually no better than the man on the street. I could have got as many predictions right and wrong as Sheahan.

I always though Dal Santo was a little bit overrated. He is an outside player who has the ball fed to him from the in and under types. This explains why he only plays well when the team is going well.

Sounds like a perfect description for a 2008 Brownlow Medal winner to me.. :rolleyes:

Personally, I'll never take much notice of Mike Sheehan's predictions after he didn't have Gary Ablett Jnr in his top 50 players prior to the 2007 season. Yes, Ablett improved beyond most expectations that year, but he was still better than most of those in the top 50 at that time (Daniel Wells is the one I recall most vividly). I disagreed with that omission at the time (before Ablett's improved form), and was happy to see it turn out even better than expected when he ended up being a premiership player, All-Australian, and was the favourite for the Brownlow medal in that year... not bad for someone outside the 50 players, and from memory not even mentioned in the unlucky to miss.

I wonder if St Kilda will get pumped up by the media yet again pre season, it's happened for at least the past 2 years, and to ridiculous measures this year, but surely the hype of the rabbits will end this year...

If only he put Freo in his top 8 he would of been about as far off as you could possibly expect.

He is the expert though, cant wait for his top 50, Barry Hall number 1!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In footy classified at the start of the year all the panellists had to suggest a player to watch in 2008.

Gary Lyon - Scott Thompson (Kangaroos) > FAIL
Craig Hutchison - Mitch Thorp (Hawks) > FAIL
Glenn Archer - Lachlan Hansen (Kangaroos) > Pass
Caroline Wilson - Cyril Rioli (Hawks) > F***ing NOSTRADAMUS!

Probably the only thing the ugly old hag got right all year

Sheahan makes controversial comments / selections to sell newspapers. If his top 50 was in any way accurate it wouldn't cause nearly the stir.

Robert Walls is another one. How can he look at himself in the mirror?

After you get your 4000th prediction WRONG, wouldn't a normal person reassess things? But then some other convtroversial-prediction tool would fill the void so he may as well take the grubby $$$. He is also a a races.

She's not an ugly old hag. She's kept herself in shape and she looks about average for a woman her age. Dare I say, better than average.

But she is also a a races.

Christ that annoys me. Same thing about Hillary Clinton I heard a zillion times in the last 6 months. She might be evil. She might be a self serving carpet-bagger politician. But she is not some swamp monster wildebeeste like everyone kept saying. She was about average for her age. Maybe could hit the stairmaster a bit more often. but that's about it.

Believe me I don't give a sh*t about the US election or "Carro" but anyone who says Karro is ugly is a MORAN.

M-O-R-A-N

she's not an ugly old hag. She's kept herself in shape and she looks about average for a woman her age. Dare i say, better than average.

But she is also a a races.

Christ that annoys me. Same thing about hillary clinton i heard a zillion times in the last 6 months. She might be evil. She might be a self serving carpet-bagger politician. But she is not some swamp monster wildebeeste like everyone kept saying. She was about average for her age. Maybe could hit the stairmaster a bit more often. But that's about it.

Believe me i don't give a sh*t about the us election or "carro" but anyone who says karro is ugly is a moran.

M-o-r-a-n

wtf?

In footy classified at the start of the year all the panellists had to suggest a player to watch in 2008.

Gary Lyon - Scott Thompson (Kangaroos) > FAIL
Craig Hutchison - Mitch Thorp (Hawks) > FAIL
Glenn Archer - Lachlan Hansen (Kangaroos) > Pass

I saw the segment that i think you are referring to just before the beginning of the season and Gary Lyon said Jarryd Morton from the hawks, who i thought showed promise.

I will type slowly:
  • Lots of people say "Caro is an ugly old hag".
  • This annoys me.
  • She is not an ugly old hag.
  • She ain't a stunner either, but that's not my point.
  • The Hillary Clinton bit was an similar example to my above gripe.
  • Anyone who disagrees with me is a moran.
If Arsenal merged with the Melbourne Storm they would be called the Arse Storm and that would be v.cool.

I will type slowly:

* Lots of people say "Caro is an ugly old hag".
* This annoys me.
* She is not an ugly old hag.
* She ain't a stunner either, but that's not my point.
* The Hillary Clinton bit was an similar example to my above gripe.
* Anyone who disagrees with me is a moran.

If Arsenal merged with the Melbourne Storm they would be called the Arse Storm and that would be v.cool.

jmoran15.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back