Miller...Griffiths.....Post

Remove this Banner Ad

as a miller advocate early in the season. why early in the season well i believe there was only jack who was capable of holding down kp, and he needed a bit of experience and help around him.
i was all for jack miller and one young tall for development purposes.
i think we are now in a position to send miller packing. looking at vickerys stats and the role he plays we are now in a position to play jack vickery and another young tall for development.

looking at the setup i would have liked to see taylor a skillful pacey jurrah type combine with jack and tyrone but it is not to be.
millers last few weeks have been terrible and for an experienced 27 28 yr old his out put is poor and the stats back this up. to me he is atm a slow third tall option who uses poorly and has minimal impact on games.
we are a developing squad so ffs lets keep on developing.

as a miller advocate early in the season. why early in the season well i believe there was only jack who was capable of holding down kp, and he needed a bit of experience and help around him.
i think we are now in a position to send miller packing. looking at vickerys stats and the role he plays we are now in a position to play jack vickery and another young tall for development.

looking at the setup i would have liked to see taylor a skillful pacey jurrah type combine with jack and tyrone but it is not to be.
millers last few weeks have been terrible and for an experienced 27 28 yr old his out put is poor and the stats back this up. to me he is atm a slow third tall option who uses poorly and has minimal impact on games.

Any developing keys that come in to the team to do millers so called structural role dont hav much to do to match millers output and if they carnt well id say they r not gonna make it .If miller is still on the list next year we r in deep shit.

Agree that Miller should be pensioned off, but I don't think it will happen until Griffiths shows that he is ready. The problem is at the moment Griffiths is nothing more than a kid with a heap of potential who isn't doing enough to warrant being selected for the senior side.

By saying miller is useless is essentially pointing the finger at Hardwick and stating his reasons are wrong.

believe he knows best.

you name me one team in this league that has finished in the bottom couple of teams and solves the puzzle of creating a premiership teamin 2-3 years. If there has been one that is exception to the rule.

The CHF issue will most likely be the next piece of the puzzle for Hardwick and hopefully be solved 2012/13. Till then why f*ck with what is basically working at the moment

Agree that Miller should be pensioned off, but I don't think it will happen until Griffiths shows that he is ready. The problem is at the moment Griffiths is nothing more than a kid with a heap of potential who isn't doing enough to warrant being selected for the senior side.

forget about griffiths for now, imo we have a 21 yr old in post who should be given games.
to me he is now the development player to play alongside jack and vickery if he is to play forward
. jack and vickery are our forward structure. he can hardly do worse than miller in fact i reckon there was some good signs against brissie and he was really stiff to get dropped after one game.
i also think going with just rance, and mcguane who is in the same boat as miller as far as performance goes is a mistake.i know gourdis plays this week but to me i think post should be playing chb ive always said it. perhaps we are looking at the wrong bloke to make way for him out mcguane in post.

where ever we play post forward or back we should settle him into one position and give him a proper go.

Griffiths is struggling to get a kick in the VFL and is no where near match fit to play AFL. I would be surprised to see him in the side at all this year unless he starts dominating VFL games.

Pretty simple, Post has been poor, his form at VFL hasn't been great and at AFL level he has been poor too. Now I know the argument that a guy needs more than one game, but his form hasn't deserved AFL selection.

Griffiths had a long lay off, and is in the VFL to find fitness and form.
Until he strings a week or few weeks in the bests he shouldn't be rushed in simply because he's young and a high draft pick. If he is going to be brought in perhaps underservingly, then atleast wait til later in the season, maybe against the Gold Coast.

What was poor in posts last game at Afl level. He played as a key position defender. He disposed of the ball cleanly, kicked to the right targets, didn't panic when pressured and defended well , he didn't look out of place.

He may not have got a lot of the ball but he certainly wasn't the worst key defender out there, one guy was constantly beaten to the ball by his opponent, gives away stupid free kicks , disposes of the ball poorly... And it's not Miller playing in defense,the individual Also has 0 future development potential and 0 trade potential.

My boy Miller has been playing very well this year.

Loved his left foot goal last week :thumbsu:

Hopefully he tears them to shreads and sticks it up Melbourne's arse and kicks a bag tomorrow :thumbsu:

What was poor in posts last game at Afl level. He played as a key position defender. He disposed of the ball cleanly, kicked to the right targets, didn't panic when pressured and defended well , he didn't look out of place.

He may not have got a lot of the ball but he certainly wasn't the worst key defender out there, one guy was constantly beaten to the ball by his opponent, gives away stupid free kicks , disposes of the ball poorly... And it's not Miller playing in defense,the individual Also has 0 future development potential and 0 trade potential.

here here agree well said.

Apararently he should be playing like Wayne Carey after 15 games. Anything less is poor according to a good portion of Tigers supporters :cool:

Post needs to start performing at AFL level when he does get a chance not just expect to get games because he is a kid draft pick bla etc etc. To date he has done little to sugest he will ever be anything more than a VFL player.

Griffiths is a huge gamble with his shoulders and has missed so much pre season and would be unlikely to play much at all this year

Miller is experienced and has a body able to play at AFL level and given the above two should play most of the year out unless Post can grasp his next opportunity.

Hysteria over Miller playing is fast matching that of Gourdis not gettig games and many need to build a bridge and get over it.

I see Millers biggest challenger this year to be Morton but until he can become half the team player Miller is he can play VFL too:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

forget about griffiths for now, imo we have a 21 yr old in post who should be given games.
to me he is now the development player to play alongside jack and vickery if he is to play forward
. jack and vickery are our forward structure. he can hardly do worse than miller in fact i reckon there was some good signs against brissie and he was really stiff to get dropped after one game.
i also think going with just rance, and mcguane who is in the same boat as miller as far as performance goes is a mistake.i know gourdis plays this week but to me i think post should be playing chb ive always said it. perhaps we are looking at the wrong bloke to make way for him out mcguane in post.

where ever we play post forward or back we should settle him into one position and give him a proper go.
I reckon you're on to something. Perhaps we're using McGuane in the Miller role down back i.e. experienced head to provide a little leadership and guidance to the kids coming through. Ideally Moore would have performed the role but has been injured all year.

The problem we've got at the moment is the backline is about 12-24 months behind in its development when compared to the forwardline. Up forward Jack is established and Vickery is on the way to also establishing himself. In time Griffiths will come in and hopefully join them.

IMO we have Rance Grimes Astbury & Gourdis as our young KPD. Rance has shown enough, IMO, to persist with at the moment, still a fair way to go though. Grimes was also showing enough but got injured otherwise I have no doubt he would still be there. Astbury was getting his second crack at making a spot his but also got injured which means we're now down to Gourdis. If 2 of Grimes Astbury & Gourdis can step up to support Rance we'll have a backline we can build around.

With regards to Post, I don't think Hardwick and co see him as a full time backman or forward but rather tall utility. Watching him at Coburg they will turn to him when they need to plug a hole either down back, up forward or even in the ruck. I reckon that is what they are trying to develop him as someone that can be called upon at the drop of a hat to fill a role for a week, 2 weeks a month or longer if needed.

postywas a bit stiff to be dropped, put Miller aside as i dont believe post can effectively play that lead up decoy in same fashion that miller has been in the support cast. Goo belted the door down and too Postys spot as a spare parts defender on interchange.

At this stage there is simply NO case for griffs inclusion, whilst we are playing to WIN, he needs to play himself into the side, that means more than 4 or 5 touches in the VFL, more like 15+ with 7or 8 marks. By all reports he is still some way off that so why on earth would we take a backward step, unsettle a productive forward setup to play him back into form...ridiculous

I have a feeling that if Post goes back to the VFL and has a good game up forward then Miller will be retired back to the VFL for the rest of the year so that Post and Griffiths can get some games. I think the reason he wasn't dropped this week is because they want to give him a send off against Melbourne because i bet he is itching to give it to them. I also think Post was dropped because Gourdis has forced his way into a back role where as Post can be used at either end preferably forward.

Pretty much everything I'm saying is hope full but it wouldn't suprise me.

FFS people say Posts AFL form has been ordinary how many games has he played 1.5 including last week when he was subbed???

If we play him forward and leave him there he will do just a good of a job as Miller imo.

Prefer to look to the future.

It's not like miller is starring he is fair hacking it up. Anytime he does get a shot on goal you know he will miss...

Backup means - if the young kids get injured, or don't come on.

Well, Griffiths has been injured, and Post has been poor. let them prove they are better than what Miller has to offer - or even show that they might be capable of more than what Miller is delivering right now.

For all the hype about Griffiths, in his 5 AFL games last year, he had a total of 8 kicks and 4 marks - that would be a fairly average return for one game let alone 5 (he did kick 3 goals).

If Griffiths is so good, let's see him at least show he's better than VFL-level first.

Nice to see a voice of reason on this thread.

I cant wait to see these boys come on line next season which will see us playing with consistency & make a genuine challenge for the 8.

FFS people say Posts AFL form has been ordinary how many games has he played 1.5 including last week when he was subbed???

If we play him forward and leave him there he will do just a good of a job as Miller imo.

Prefer to look to the future.

It's not like miller is starring he is fair hacking it up. Anytime he does get a shot on goal you know he will miss...

Complete contrast to last season when he kicked multiple bags in the VFL. You've got to wonder why his conversion rate is so poor in the big time, considering his time with the D's.

Miller has been alright goal kicking wise.

Kicked that nice left foot snap on the weekend.

He'll get better. I'm feeling a nice bag of 5 tomorrow :thumbsu:

Miller has been alright goal kicking wise.

Kicked that nice left foot snap on the weekend.

He'll get better. I'm feeling a nice bag of 5 tomorrow :thumbsu:

That's the way Budda - Miller is currently smashing Pia, just thinking about the carnage he will unleash on both Pia and Melgorne.

Remove this Banner Ad

Miller...Griffiths.....Post

Remove this Banner Ad

Back