Mininera and District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being a CLASSY footballer has nothing what so ever to do with posting rubbish or slagging on this forum.

I tip hawksdale to play tatoon in the GF,
with my good mate Lincoln Withers arriving in melbourne on the long weekend he will strengthen the middle for hawkesdale.
Hasn't Withers been playing at Ky or somewhere over that way with big Balraj $ingh??

Season to date: (Ladder order)

Tatyoon - Obviously lost some serious talent from last season - but still manage to remain undefeated. A few injuries lately, but enough depth to cover for most games. Reasonable up forward, although would look much better if Milne was there with Tim McD and Andy T. Defence will be stretched against Hawk-Mac, but will handle other teams.
Should have some upside, have plenty of experience......recruits in the pipeline, who knows, but they may need them to counter the Eagles who will improve big time as the season unfolds.

Hawk-Mac - Nine new players in last weeks side compared to 2007 GF team......with David Neal (Waratahs-NT), Josh Reichman (Redan), Peter Jelbart (Port Fairy) still to come in. Still to fully hit their straps, and without doubt are the team to beat......Midfield is awesome, with likes of Habel being afforded to play across half back.....Forward line with Matthews, releases others like Richardson and Johnson to play on weaker opponents......Key defensive posts a bit suss, but Neal will improve this area.........Barring injury and with plenty more scope for improvement than most, they have a huge chance!

Lis-Derr - One team in the league that has had minimal changes to their 2007 list.....hence holding or slightly improving their 2007 result due to others around them dropping off.
They will not cut it with the other two for mine, although currently may give Taty a run (play in two weeks at Taty)......Very suspect up forward, they rely heavily on midfielders to kick goals.....only Carr capable of bags against good oppositon......Good midfield led by Jahn Knight who is a class act........If Ruggles (broken leg), Kelly (knee) and McDonald (knee) all get back their chances will improve greatly in terms of double chance spot.

Moy-Will - Weight of new recruits has seen them slip into finals contention.......with Glen-Dunk, Pens and to a extent Caramut dropping off personnel wise, they have lept over these teams.....Up forward is still a problem against H-M & Taty and even L-D, but they have blokes like Flower, Vanders, Keilars, Peel and the likes who can get it enough to create opportunities......still short of the big boys, but a great stepping stone for future.....Taty this week big test!.....fourth or fifth for sure!

Caramut - Dropped away big time from last season.......having to play Barr up forward, due to losing Hayes and McKenzie (120 goals b/w 2007), robbing their midfield slightly.....O'Sullivan playing with a bad knee and Behncke out for year with shoulder. Plenty of good kids, Makepeace, Reeves, Dickson, but no stars where it matters to trouble top teams.
Should still manage fifth spot, because the others are not up to it.......although any further injuries and form drop, could open the door for Glen-Dunk maybe......but not likely.

The rest struggling........Glen-Dunk seniors had 15 players from last years 1st semi not playing last week, but upside is plenty of kids getting some experience......WLB the same playing plenty of kids, as is Penshurst.
Rovers have been in plenty of games to date only to fold up late in some games.....fitness an issue!....while Woor-Mort are stiff not to have a couple of wins on the board (4 & 5 point losses to Pen & G-D).

Hawk-Mac
Tatyoon
Lis-Derr
Moy-Will
Caramut
Glen-Dunk
Penshurst
SMW Rovers
Woor-Mort
WLB

Medal - Brad Sholl

Flags
Seniors - Hawk-Mac
Res - Tatyoon
U16 - Penshurst

Stuck my neck right out, but not too many fears for mine!:thumbsu:

Great Work Bloods - A great overall wrap from the league. Milne due to return for the hawks later in year which will be great for team. Back line would be as strong as last year with Damian Cameron and Al Defegely leaving and Luke Nicholas going back along with new recruit Bradd Wilson. But hawksdale have recruited very well. Should be an interesting finals race. Sean McDougall to play for taty this week might be a chance of returning which would be massive

Great Work Bloods - A great overall wrap from the league. Milne due to return for the hawks later in year which will be great for team. Back line would be as strong as last year with Damian Cameron and Al Defegely leaving and Luke Nicholas going back along with new recruit Bradd Wilson. But hawksdale have recruited very well. Should be an interesting finals race. Sean McDougall to play for taty this week might be a chance of returning which would be massive
Great to hear Sean is having a run......would be a huge bonus if he saddles up for the rest of the season, and Milney would be the x factor up forward that would stretch the H-M defence.
Heard another name or two, but won't mention them here.

Season to date: (Ladder order)

Tatyoon - Obviously lost some serious talent from last season - but still manage to remain undefeated. A few injuries lately, but enough depth to cover for most games. Reasonable up forward, although would look much better if Milne was there with Tim McD and Andy T. Defence will be stretched against Hawk-Mac, but will handle other teams.
Should have some upside, have plenty of experience......recruits in the pipeline, who knows, but they may need them to counter the Eagles who will improve big time as the season unfolds.

Hawk-Mac - Nine new players in last weeks side compared to 2007 GF team......with David Neal (Waratahs-NT), Josh Reichman (Redan), Peter Jelbart (Port Fairy) still to come in. Still to fully hit their straps, and without doubt are the team to beat......Midfield is awesome, with likes of Habel being afforded to play across half back.....Forward line with Matthews, releases others like Richardson and Johnson to play on weaker opponents......Key defensive posts a bit suss, but Neal will improve this area.........Barring injury and with plenty more scope for improvement than most, they have a huge chance!

Lis-Derr - One team in the league that has had minimal changes to their 2007 list.....hence holding or slightly improving their 2007 result due to others around them dropping off.
They will not cut it with the other two for mine, although currently may give Taty a run (play in two weeks at Taty)......Very suspect up forward, they rely heavily on midfielders to kick goals.....only Carr capable of bags against good oppositon......Good midfield led by Jahn Knight who is a class act........If Ruggles (broken leg), Kelly (knee) and McDonald (knee) all get back their chances will improve greatly in terms of double chance spot.

Moy-Will - Weight of new recruits has seen them slip into finals contention.......with Glen-Dunk, Pens and to a extent Caramut dropping off personnel wise, they have lept over these teams.....Up forward is still a problem against H-M & Taty and even L-D, but they have blokes like Flower, Vanders, Keilars, Peel and the likes who can get it enough to create opportunities......still short of the big boys, but a great stepping stone for future.....Taty this week big test!.....fourth or fifth for sure!

Caramut - Dropped away big time from last season.......having to play Barr up forward, due to losing Hayes and McKenzie (120 goals b/w 2007), robbing their midfield slightly.....O'Sullivan playing with a bad knee and Behncke out for year with shoulder. Plenty of good kids, Makepeace, Reeves, Dickson, but no stars where it matters to trouble top teams.
Should still manage fifth spot, because the others are not up to it.......although any further injuries and form drop, could open the door for Glen-Dunk maybe......but not likely.

The rest struggling........Glen-Dunk seniors had 15 players from last years 1st semi not playing last week, but upside is plenty of kids getting some experience......WLB the same playing plenty of kids, as is Penshurst.
Rovers have been in plenty of games to date only to fold up late in some games.....fitness an issue!....while Woor-Mort are stiff not to have a couple of wins on the board (4 & 5 point losses to Pen & G-D).

Hawk-Mac
Tatyoon
Lis-Derr
Moy-Will
Caramut
Glen-Dunk
Penshurst
SMW Rovers
Woor-Mort
WLB

Medal - Brad Sholl

Flags
Seniors - Hawk-Mac
Res - Tatyoon
U16 - Penshurst

Stuck my neck right out, but not too many fears for mine!:thumbsu:

Great summery Bloods but

Habel will win the medal
caramut is better than M/W and will finish 3rd or 4th depending on who wins the next time they play Lismore. and both could push Tatty on there day.

And the Eagles kids are improving and are reguarly in the best 6 each week. back line is rock solid

How is Shagger?? From all reports he was in a very bad way when he left the ground on the stretcher last weekend in Preston for North Ballarat! I would have thought he might have missed this week due to concussion, is he coming back to Tatyoon for good or what because i have heard some good reports of him coming from North.... Has really taken his game to the next level and will be a massive pick up mid year for Taty if he is to return!

Great summery Bloods but

Habel will win the medal
caramut is better than M/W and will finish 3rd or 4th depending on who wins the next time they play Lismore. and both could push Tatty on there day.

And the Eagles kids are improving and are reguarly in the best 6 each week. back line is rock solid
Habel winning the medal would not surprise at all.
Caramut > Moy-Will is very debatable for mine.....Pumas have already beat the Muts this year, and both lost by about 7 goals to Lis-Derr. They have ground to make up already.....at half way Caramut will be at least 4pts and percentage behind Moy-Will.......pushing Taty is another story!

Yes the kids at the Eagles are doing well, but the real test for the defence is against the better players.....ie Tatyoon's Andy & Richard Tucker, Shane Hitchcock, Tim McDougall and Chris Milne later in the season.
Until they beat Tatyoon (in which they are more than capable) the pressure will always be on the young Eagles.

Habel winning the medal would not surprise at all.
Caramut > Moy-Will is very debatable for mine.....Pumas have already beat the Muts this year, and both lost by about 7 goals to Lis-Derr. They have ground to make up already.....at half way Caramut will be at least 4pts and percentage behind Moy-Will.......pushing Taty is another story!

Yes the kids at the Eagles are doing well, but the real test for the defence is against the better players.....ie Tatyoon's Andy & Richard Tucker, Shane Hitchcock, Tim McDougall and Chris Milne later in the season.
Until they beat Tatyoon (in which they are more than capable) the pressure will always be on the young Eagles.

I dont think Habel will win the medal - i would be thinkin that jelbart would be favourite - imo he is a more classy footballer than habel. Andrew Ward could be an outside chance - playing great footy after a year off massive in for the club

I dont think Habel will win the medal - i would be thinkin that jelbart would be favourite - imo he is a more classy footballer than habel. Andrew Ward could be an outside chance - playing great footy after a year off massive in for the club
he is a class act for sure.....and no doubt the likes of Jelbart (both), Sholl, Habel, Hetherington & a couple of others will share plenty of the votes.
Jahn Knight could be a smoky from Lis-Derr as well!

he is a class act for sure.....and no doubt the likes of Jelbart (both), Sholl, Habel, Hetherington & a couple of others will share plenty of the votes.
Jahn Knight could be a smoky from Lis-Derr as well!

Absolute smokey! Knight will poll well as he gets plenty of the ball each week, and there doesn't seem to be too many teamates that will take heaps of votes off him.
As for the Eagles, any number of their class players will get votes, so can't see any one player standing out above the others, especially with 3 more excellent players to come into the side.
Tatyoon, not sure, with a few injuries and talk of fine players returning soon, can't see an individual standing out above the others. Through sheer number of victories again, some have to poll pretty well.

What about Knight from L/D for the medal? He seems to be consistant at the moment, not that i know much of him, just looked alright against us when we played them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hear along the grape vine that another forfiet in the league this round, W'doo will not field a 2's side agianst L/D....

Who are the likely winners this week apart from the L/D 2's!?

ANDREW WARD an outside chance probalbly not in the top 10,but a good bloke.
there mustnt be must class at tayoon if hes a MASSIVE IN for tatyoon.

Absolute smokey! Knight will poll well as he gets plenty of the ball each week, and there doesn't seem to be too many teamates that will take heaps of votes off him.
As for the Eagles, any number of their class players will get votes, so can't see any one player standing out above the others, especially with 3 more excellent players to come into the side.
Tatyoon, not sure, with a few injuries and talk of fine players returning soon, can't see an individual standing out above the others. Through sheer number of victories again, some have to poll pretty well.

Thats true the eagles players are going to take votes off each other. jahn is in great form and would be the front runner at the moment. Heard the caramut has more injury worries with scotty redmond out 4 a while with a knee injury. so bloods, you might be right about them finishing just in the 5.

Some interesting results on the weekend.

Caramut and Rovers drawing......apparently the Dogs had a chance to win but for a kick on goal late in the game being smothered on the mark from what I hear....the Muts were 18 pts up at the last break.

Big Frankie Matthews booted 15 in a demolition job on the Magpies.......interestingly he has now kicked 52 goals in six games....two more than WLB combined as a team in seven rounds.

The Rams fell across the line by 5 points against Penshurst after leading by up to 5 goals near 3/4 time........the Bombers were in attack when the siren sounded......Rams now fifth at the expense of Caramut.

Lismore-Derri won easy enough against the Tigers.....Jahn Knight b.o.g again....and Matt Carr booted 7.......The Tigers have won 11 quarters of footy this year, the same as the Rams, but remain winless, while the Rams are fifth with four wins.......funny game footy!

Taty showed up Moy-Willaura to be a bit off the top-sides with Tim Mcdougall kicking 5.

Apparently Todd O'Sullivan is having a knee 'cleaned up' and will miss a few weeks, while Lachie Barr apparently strained a medial, but played out the game. Redmond also missed with injury.

Round 10 at Hawkesdale (June 21) v Tatyoon shapes to be a GF preview for mine.

Anyway Cheers!:thumbsu:

Some interesting results on the weekend.

Caramut and Rovers drawing......apparently the Dogs had a chance to win but for a kick on goal late in the game being smothered on the mark from what I hear....the Muts were 18 pts up at the last break.

Big Frankie Matthews booted 15 in a demolition job on the Magpies.......interestingly he has now kicked 52 goals in six games....two more than WLB combined as a team in seven rounds.

The Rams fell across the line by 5 points against Penshurst after leading by up to 5 goals near 3/4 time........the Bombers were in attack when the siren sounded......Rams now fifth at the expense of Caramut.

Lismore-Derri won easy enough against the Tigers.....Jahn Knight b.o.g again....and Matt Carr booted 7.......The Tigers have won 11 quarters of footy this year, the same as the Rams, but remain winless, while the Rams are fifth with four wins.......funny game footy!

Taty showed up Moy-Willaura to be a bit off the top-sides with Tim Mcdougall kicking 5.

Apparently Todd O'Sullivan is having a knee 'cleaned up' and will miss a few weeks, while Lachie Barr apparently strained a medial, but played out the game. Redmond also missed with injury.

Round 10 at Hawkesdale (June 21) v Tatyoon shapes to be a GF preview for mine.

Anyway Cheers!:thumbsu:

we'll wait and see how lismore fair against taty this week before thinking 2 far ahead i think... moyston are definetly still a long way off the pace, although have improved still a lot of work 2 do...

Spoke to someone about saturdays game a they thought that moyston had improved alot but they were a bit young a started looking around before they picked the ball up. Need to recruit some big bodies to compete with the better sides. And that they were a ruckman short with brendan pieters rucking most of day

Spoke to someone about saturdays game a they thought that moyston had improved alot but they were a bit young a started looking around before they picked the ball up. Need to recruit some big bodies to compete with the better sides. And that they were a ruckman short with brendan pieters rucking most of day

Brendan Pieters rucked for about fifteen minutes of the game whilst their main ruckmen had a spell and their support ruckmen had a job to do at the time. From my point of view there was no backwards step from any contest by the pumas, however, Tatyoon moved the ball much better with the Pumas making costly and simple turn overs. This is the area they need to work on. That will come with experience as they are a young team as you stated. But i do agree with the big body's and the need to recruit them. Pumas were missed their key play maker in Vanderrwall but Tatyoon were also missing Richard Tucker amongst others. Talking to people in who were in the crowd it was a very entertaining game to watch with the Pumas never giving up the hunt but Tatyoon's experience shining through.

SMW rovers are getting written off so far this year by the look of these threads. they led taty to 3 quarter time which are are on top of the ladder undefeated, a come from behind solid effort against caramut in a game they should have won and have also been close in other games. i believe a few ins in the next weeek will see rovers pushing for a spot in the finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back