Mininera and District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
SMW rovers are getting written off so far this year by the look of these threads. they led taty to 3 quarter time which are are on top of the ladder undefeated, a come from behind solid effort against caramut in a game they should have won and have also been close in other games. i believe a few ins in the next weeek will see rovers pushing for a spot in the finals.
They play Hawkesdale-Macarthur this weekend and will get smashed.....leaving them with 6pts (1 win & draw) after eight rounds.....and considering Caramut, Moyston-Willaura or Glen-Dunkeld will be fifth with either 16, 18 or 20 pts it is going to take a mighty big turnaround.

we'll wait and see how lismore fair against taty this week before thinking 2 far ahead i think... moyston are definetly still a long way off the pace, although have improved still a lot of work 2 do...
How are the taty boys going 2day.........first time in a couple of years that the boys havnt sung their song!!!!!!!! Look out caramut in 2 wks time. Although 10 seniors to cum in.........still a shock loss

How are the taty boys going 2day.........first time in a couple of years that the boys havnt sung their song!!!!!!!! Look out caramut in 2 wks time. Although 10 seniors to cum in.........still a shock loss

Well well well, for all you Taty and Mininera based fans... it was Lismore/Derrinallum to bring them down! Jahn Knight is a good player and so is Scott Henderson. I know a lot of people on this forum dont give a rats about Lismore/Derri so i am glad they knocked off Tatyoon.

Which side defeated Tatyoon to end their winning streak?
Lismore/Derrinallum. Thanks.

Well well well, for all you Taty and Mininera based fans... it was Lismore/Derrinallum to bring them down! Jahn Knight is a good player and so is Scott Henderson. I know a lot of people on this forum dont give a rats about Lismore/Derri so i am glad they knocked off Tatyoon.

Which side defeated Tatyoon to end their winning streak?
Lismore/Derrinallum. Thanks.

Well done to Lismore-Derrinallum, ending the Hawks 35 game winning streak. It was a win that the Demons needed to get, especially with Tatyoon having the likes of Richard & Andrew Tucker, Luke Nicholas, Justin McMahon, Aaron Jenkins, Doug Walton, Shane Hitchcock, Doug Walton and a couple of others out with injury.
They needed to beat them today to help set up the double chance spot, plus if they did not on the weekend, they were never going to.
The Demons will also be improved, especially when Neil Kelly and Rob McDonald get back from injury.

I think all optimistic Rovers fans can kiss good-bye any chance of finals after being pumped by 29 goals by Hawkesdale-Macarthur.
Frank Matthews booted another 15 goals to take him to 67 from 7 games, while Matt Burmeister kicked 9 against the Rams in the Pumas 15 goal win.

Caramut fought hard for a 5 goal win over Woorndoo, with Ricky Howell booting 6 for the Muts (does anyone know anything about him - new name to me) while Ron Watson & Chris Morey booted 4 each to be the difference in Penshurst's win over Wickliffe-Lake Bolac.

The long weekend break has come along with Hawkesdale-Macarthur firming into clear favoritism for the flag

Hmm yes, and maybe this is why he is polling so well in Paul's Dairies award. (Scott Henderson)

I agree Tatyoon had players out but so too did Lis-Derri!!!
The injury list is about the same number but maybe lesser players.

At least we may get some more competitive finals and maybe more threads relating to clubs other than Tatyoon.

Have to agree with croweater, taty needed a beatin hopefully get nocked off and not even make the granny!!:D

Buddy#23 Jnr

Have to agree with croweater, taty needed a beatin hopefully get nocked off and not even make the granny!!:D

Buddy#23 Jnr

well we'll definetly see if taty mean business or not in the next couple of weeks... without a major response their in some trouble... but i wouldnt be 2 worried with what occured at the weekend if i were them, no1 wins flags in june as lismore have certainly learnt in the past...

Tatyoon are a better team than Lismore-Derrinallum, I have no doubt!

Given equal footing, you will find that they will overcome the Demons later in the season when it all counts for something.

Winning or losing against Hawkesdale-Macarthur in Round 10 won't count for much apart from a bit of physcological shit for the Eagles. The Tatyoon Hawks won't be near their best until later on in the season, when players are back up and running from injury.

They know what finals are all about and only have to finish second or third to get the double chance and give it an almighty shake......The pressure will be well and truly on the Eagles if they both play off in the GF.

Hawkesdale-Macarthur v Tatyoon = Grand Final:thumbsu:

Tatyoon are a better team than Lismore-Derrinallum, I have no doubt!

Given equal footing, you will find that they will overcome the Demons later in the season when it all counts for something.

Winning or losing against Hawkesdale-Macarthur in Round 10 won't count for much apart from a bit of physcological shit for the Eagles. The Tatyoon Hawks won't be near their best until later on in the season, when players are back up and running from injury.

They know what finals are all about and only have to finish second or third to get the double chance and give it an almighty shake......The pressure will be well and truly on the Eagles if they both play off in the GF.

Hawkesdale-Macarthur v Tatyoon = Grand Final:thumbsu:

well obviously it is hawkesdale who are massive front runners nd are going to have an almighty amount of pressure on them come september... i think most the presure will come from within the club, all that money for no flag would really hurt them...

well obviously it is hawkesdale who are massive front runners nd are going to have an almighty amount of pressure on them come september... i think most the presure will come from within the club, all that money for no flag would really hurt them...

Thats it!........and most of the highly paid guns are rumoured to be here for one tilt at it........the club probably could not afford to pay them for any longer anyway.

In saying that, the big names have all played finals footy in Hampden (Sholl, Matthews, Jelbart, Spencer), so you would imagine they will be well geared for whatever is thrown at them!

Thats it!........and most of the highly paid guns are rumoured to be here for one tilt at it........the club probably could not afford to pay them for any longer anyway.

In saying that, the big names have all played finals footy in Hampden (Sholl, Matthews, Jelbart, Spencer), so you would imagine they will be well geared for whatever is thrown at them!
The paid players get you to the finals, it's the locals (with their heart in the club) that usually win them!!
Who is better placed in this regard??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The paid players get you to the finals, it's the locals (with their heart in the club) that usually win them!!
Who is better placed in this regard??

well if your looking at it from that point ud have to say taty as of what they've achieved in the last couple of years and would hold more locals than hawkesdale...

do u think a few of the older boys down there will have a spell during the second half of the year? few old bodies roaming the park down that way... how many of the kids that played in the gf last year are still playin 1s?

wats everyones view on moysten/willaura pumas?? where will they finish? need a few more years? wats the verdict?:thumbsu:

Buddy-Jnr #23

wats everyones view on moysten/willaura pumas?? where will they finish? need a few more years? wats the verdict?:thumbsu:

Buddy-Jnr #23

fourth or fifth....probably fourth and may win one final!

Need another gun forward to help big Burmeister.

Even bunch of midfielders, but could do with another high quality mid.

Probably a decent Ruckman....and a key defender as well.

They also fall away slighty with their last two or three players.

Four decent players plus a couple of fringe players away from a real good team imo.

*They are probably not quite where Hawkesdale-Macarthur were this time last season...........and the Eagles went out and got exactly what I mentioned above for the Pumas, to match Tatyoon this season.*

I would have to agree Bloods from the few games i have seen they are lacking that depth that the higher teams have! hopefully come together in the next few years, will be good for them to get right in the mix!:thumbsu:

Buddy-Jnr #23

a couple of hard in and unders in the centre would make a huge difference... really dont have one at the moment so the runners they have dont get enough supply against the better teams...

what are the injuries going around the clubs, i heard caramut have got a few, bolac have had a couple which does not help them out for the rest season, bloods you would know most of them???

what are the injuries going around the clubs, i heard caramut have got a few, bolac have had a couple which does not help them out for the rest season, bloods you would know most of them???

Caramut have been hit pretty hard by injuries this season, but are starting to get a few back now. Mick Bickers and Tim Barr finally returned last week v Woorndoo-Mortlake and got through ok.
Coach Todd O'Sullivan had a knee 'clean-up' last week and may miss a couple more games.
Jack Behncke has had shoulder troubles, has been training, but no word on a return yet as may need an operation.
Darren Anders may return next weekend after doing a hamstring v Hawk-Mac. Will get Chris Burrows back from suspension too.
Josh Jewell and Heath Robertson still struggling to overcome injuries as well, and can't say when they'll return.

These are the ones I know, but not real sure when these blokes will be back, some could be after the break.

Tatyoon - Shane Hitchcock, Doug Walton, Jason James - all long term
Aaron Jenkins, Luke Nicholas, Justin McMahon, Richard & Andrew Tucker all missed last week

Hawkesdale-Macarthur - Peter Jelbart

Lismore-Derrinallum - Neil Kelly, Rob McDonald, Dean Ruggles (long term)

Moyston-Willaura - John Vanderwaal (a/c joint), Daniel Edwards

Caramut - Todd O'Sullivan (knee clean-up 3 or 4??), Scott Redmond

Glen-Dunkeld - Russ MacGugan (long term- neck), Trev Remfry (shoulder) and a couple of kids who should be right after the break

Penshurst - Kruger (hamstring) - has not played since round 3.

Not really sure about the others, apparently Rovers & Bolac have had a run, while Woor-Mort not sure about.

Probably plenty of others, but they probably are the main ones from the final's contenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back