Mininera and District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
a so so forward line your a joke right? look who is number 2 in the goal kicking you fool. todd lamont got the best hands in the league. but teams get worried and put 2 or 3 people on him and every contest.
lets see the likes of burmister take 2 backman in a contest and still take the mark.
l/d midfield group is massive. jahn knight scott henderson neil brown ben quarell glen rogers simon stewart neil kelly(when playing) dean ruggles (when playing) arron white glen stewart allan noone clint dudman.
to bad they didnt try something different in the middle on the w/e though
probs woulda won them the game.
A fool hey......ok sorry for my opinion!

Yep Matt Carr is second on the league list with 31 goals....and for mine a good player.......but would not say he is starring against the best teams only kicking 7 combined against (HM-0, Taty-5 & Moy-Will-2).......meaning he is averaging 6 per game agst the comps shit.

Todd Lamont getting double-teamed each week...wow!...we put a 19yr old kid playing his 10th senior game on him last week....result 1 goal.....He certainly would be a worry for most clubs with his big haul of 12 goals this season.lol.......has kicked 1 goal only agst (HM, Taty & Moy-Will).

Then thats it!......no other player in double figures....next is big Jezza Baker- 9, and good bloke and all, he is well past his best and will not hurt anyone come final's time.

I didn't mention Burmeister, and I can't comment on whether all teams double-team him, but he has kicked a few more than Lamont...28 to 12.

In fact all the teams that are in the top 4 have superior forward set-ups than Lis-Derr......stats tell us Lis-Derr have 67 goals less than H-M, 22 fewer than Moy-Will & 18 fewer than Taty.

Hawk-Mac have 6 players with 9 or more goals, Taty have 6 players with 9 or more goals & Moy-Will have 8 players with 9 or more goals......you blokes have 3 only........so a lot of your goals come through the midfield group........HENCE IDIOT!! (one all now on the slanging front)....why I said play a couple of the midfielders close (Knight & Henderson) and you can bring the Derri Demons to an almighty halt!

Yes even though four of that midfield group did not play(bold), you still have some good players in there.......but curb Knight & Henderson's output and a few of the younger players are not as effective.........therefore your current two trick forward line is easily negated.

And yeh, it is too bad they did not try a different mix a bit earlier last weekend, but maybe some of that coaching money has seen some brain cells turn to smoke!

Like I said your forward line is so so and I will stick to that assumption and back it up with stats, until as a group they prove me wrong......plus I never said your midfield was not good.....but only stated that all we had too do last week was negate a couple and stifle yr so so forwards supply.

Result: Knight out of best players, Henderson ok, but denied space across half back were he likes to set up for 3 quarters!....was good in last term when went forward and used his hard body & experience to nearly get them up.

Carr kicked four, but two as an onballer in the last term....Lamont 1.

Equals = RAMS VICTORY!

Yeh I am the fool, you idiot!:thumbsu:

ps: your beers were ok though, didn't leave clubrooms until 7pm, admiring Hendo's cut above the cheekbone - payback for kneeing a kid in the ribs while on the ground near the boundary line in the third term.

I would imagine the Moy/Wil boys are very happy with Glen/Dun at the moment. The L/D loss to Glen keeps the Pumas within reach of 3rd. Will be an interesting game in two weeks time. In saying this they need to make sure they continue to win the games they have in the first round to secure a spot in the finals. Football can be a funny game and the MDFL is certainly providing us with entertainment this year, keeping us guessing (besides Eagles).
Keep the chat up
For mine the Pumas look a better balanced unit than the Demons at this stage, and with Vanders just back along with Daniel Edwards they will improve again.
But yes footy is a funny game, and Lis-Derr do have a few to come back too.....the battle for third along with the battle for fifth should go down to the wire!

A fool hey......ok sorry for my opinion!

Yep Matt Carr is second on the league list with 31 goals....and for mine a good player.......but would not say he is starring against the best teams only kicking 7 combined against (HM-0, Taty-5 & Moy-Will-2).......meaning he is averaging 6 per game agst the comps shit.

Todd Lamont getting double-teamed each week...wow!...we put a 19yr old kid playing his 10th senior game on him last week....result 1 goal.....He certainly would be a worry for most clubs with his big haul of 12 goals this season.lol.......has kicked 1 goal only agst (HM, Taty & Moy-Will).

Then thats it!......no other player in double figures....next is big Jezza Baker- 9, and good bloke and all, he is well past his best and will not hurt anyone come final's time.

I didn't mention Burmeister, and I can't comment on whether all teams double-team him, but he has kicked a few more than Lamont...28 to 12.

In fact all the teams that are in the top 4 have superior forward set-ups than Lis-Derr.

Hawk-Mac have 6 players with 9 or more goals, Taty have 6 players with 9 or more goals & Moy-Will have 8 players with 9 or more goals......you blokes have 3 only........so a lot of your goals come through the midfield group........HENCE IDIOT!! (one all now on the slanging front)....why I said play a couple of the midfielders close (Knight & Henderson) and you can bring the Derri Demons to an almighty halt!

Yes even though four of that midfield group did not play(bold), you still have some good players in there.......but curb Knight & Henderson's output and a few of the younger players are not as effective.........therefore your current two trick forward line is easily negated.

And yeh, it is too bad they did not try a different mix a bit earlier last weekend, but maybe some of that coaching money has seen some brain cells turn to smoke!

Like I said your forward line is so so and I will stick to that assumption and back it up with stats, until as a group they prove me wrong......plus I never said your midfield was not good.....but only stated that all we had too do last week was negate a couple and stifle yr so so forwards supply.

Result: Knight out of best players, Henderson ok, but denied space across half back were he likes to set up for 3 quarters!....was good in last term when went forward and used his hard body & experience to nearly get them up.

Carr kicked four, but two as an onballer in the last term....Lamont 1.

Equals = RAMS VICTORY!

Yeh I am the fool, you idiot!:thumbsu:

ps: your beers were ok though, didn't leave clubrooms until 7pm, admiring Hendo's cut above the cheekbone - payback for kneeing a kid in the ribs while on the ground near the boundary line in the third term.

how old do you think lamont is? 21 mate. most threatning forward in the comp. note i say threatning. i didnt say he had been affective in his scoring just that he was taking 2 or3 every week.
henderson was best on ground, and has never hit a kid in his life!
nothing but good to young kids from my experience.
your going on about moy/will yet there below l/d and havent beaten a top 3 side yet! come talk them up when they beat someone worth bragging about. matty car is a freak. got young wingman/forward sitting on 5 goals. and benny quarell on about the same. so still room to improve and they will improve, 2 losses and people are writing them off already gets on my nerves a bit.
i will agree with you though, the beers at lis/der are always good, but its known as a social club. well this year there finals contendors, sooner people realise the better. sure might have lost to rams, but have been struck down with injury. players will return and the side will strengthen

but hey, its good having a better comp this year. instead of the all mighty taty.

Go Dees, good to see gun midfielder hendo finding form!

how old do you think lamont is? 21 mate. most threatning forward in the comp. note i say threatning. i didnt say he had been affective in his scoring just that he was taking 2 or3 every week.
henderson was best on ground, and has never hit a kid in his life!
nothing but good to young kids from my experience.
your going on about moy/will yet there below l/d and havent beaten a top 3 side yet! come talk them up when they beat someone worth bragging about. matty car is a freak. got young wingman/forward sitting on 5 goals. and benny quarell on about the same. so still room to improve and they will improve, 2 losses and people are writing them off already gets on my nerves a bit.
i will agree with you though, the beers at lis/der are always good, but its known as a social club. well this year there finals contendors, sooner people realise the better. sure might have lost to rams, but have been struck down with injury. players will return and the side will strengthen

but hey, its good having a better comp this year. instead of the all mighty taty.

Go Dees, good to see gun midfielder hendo finding form!

Threatening to do something and doing it have ruined plenty of potentially good players.....or should we say the ones putting the wraps on them!

Hendo certainly did barrel this young bloke on Saturday with his knees and copped his dues straight after.
Hey I like Hendo and have a chat every time we cross paths, but at times he lowers his sights!
Don't know if he was best, but was in the best few on the ground!

I am not going on about Moy-Will, just an observation that now they are going ok and just as good as LD........proof will be in the pudding Rd11 June 28 I suppose!

Isn't it funny when we mentioned that Tatyoon was struck down by injury, it was not an excuse when you beat them......but you can wheel out that lame old excuse after Saturday!

Do agree with two things....the comps good because of it and Hendo is having a good year!

i got told today at work
that noone wont play again this year.
surely its not true.
rumours are shocking,
but this website is sooo goood.
love reading what other people have to say, even if no one gives lisi deri
any respect whatso ever
still reckon tatyoon will pickup form. bit like geelong down on form. hawthorn flying. but no doubt geelong will be in the granny
and probably win it!

Sorry Dragon have to disagree with u on that one.. hawkas will be taking the flag this year woo:thumbsu::D

Threatening to do something and doing it have ruined plenty of potentially good players.....or should we say the ones putting the wraps on them!

Hendo certainly did barrel this young bloke on Saturday with his knees and copped his dues straight after.
Hey I like Hendo and have a chat every time we cross paths, but at times he lowers his sights!
Don't know if he was best, but was in the best few on the ground!

I am not going on about Moy-Will, just an observation that now they are going ok and just as good as LD........proof will be in the pudding Rd11 June 28 I suppose!

Isn't it funny when we mentioned that Tatyoon was struck down by injury, it was not an excuse when you beat them......but you can wheel out that lame old excuse after Saturday!

Do agree with two things....the comps good because of it and Hendo is having a good year!

both lismore derri and tatyoon are struck down by injurie.
both in the same boat mate.
hey you were at the game yer? did u see the young fella with his knee taped at all? im curious for some reason.?
Im just an on looker like yourself by the sounds of it.
good to hear everyones opinions. lamont kicked 40 odd goals last year tho.

For mine the Pumas look a better balanced unit than the Demons at this stage, and with Vanders just back along with Daniel Edwards they will improve again.
But yes footy is a funny game, and Lis-Derr do have a few to come back too.....the battle for third along with the battle for fifth should go down to the wire!

For mine the Pumas look better balanced too, but i am biased. I appreciate your words on how to best stop L/D, certainly noted. Vanders and Edwards both played on the weekend and both looked good.

Keep the stats coming Bloods as it puts a few in their place.

Nice post re the banter on L/D.

hey you were at the game yer? did u see the young fella with his knee taped at all? im curious for some reason.?

sad to see josh mcdougall go down for taty again on the w/e, hopefully nothin g serious but would have to be one of the most injury prone players in the league... guess it does help that he plays like he's a lot solider than he is... also if andy tucker is in trouble is going to take a big find to replace him, great leader and super important to them... andrew ward as well, pobably leading tatys b&f at the mom so hopefully recovers fast...

how does everyone rate andy mcdougalls efforts at the mom? after his yr off has come back and stepped straight into the 1s and is dominating at the mom, not bad for a guy that was constantly slagged about his weight on this site... keeps kicking goals against good opponents in tough conditions... probably should have been in tatys best at the w/e...

the league is in the best shape it has been for a while with super competitve games coming all round... do ppl think hawkesdale wish they could have a couple of close ones in the next couple of weeks to see how they stand up? did crumble in round 1...

why thats? who noone or White?

Been involved with MDFL, Glen & Rams for 32 years....playing days over now though!
Lamont...40 last year...so this year not as good yet!

sad to see josh mcdougall go down for taty again on the w/e, hopefully nothin g serious but would have to be one of the most injury prone players in the league... guess it does help that he plays like he's a lot solider than he is... also if andy tucker is in trouble is going to take a big find to replace him, great leader and super important to them... andrew ward as well, pobably leading tatys b&f at the mom so hopefully recovers fast...

how does everyone rate andy mcdougalls efforts at the mom? after his yr off has come back and stepped straight into the 1s and is dominating at the mom, not bad for a guy that was constantly slagged about his weight on this site... keeps kicking goals against good opponents in tough conditions... probably should have been in tatys best at the w/e...

the league is in the best shape it has been for a while with super competitve games coming all round... do ppl think hawkesdale wish they could have a couple of close ones in the next couple of weeks to see how they stand up? did crumble in round 1...
Andy McDougall has been good with 22 goals in five games......his job will get no easier if Andy T & Shane Hitchcock remain out injured.....all the focus will shift to him.....but so far so good for the young bloke!

The standard of the league may have dropped slightly, but agree if it makes for closer games, all the better!

Don't know about close ones for Hawks-Mac.........did not worry Taty last year flogging all and sundry!

As for the first game, well a lot of players played together for the first time.....and no doubt they have naturally gelled together better since then.

Andy McDougall has been good with 22 goals in five games......his job will get no easier if Andy T & Shane Hitchcock remain out injured.....all the focus will shift to him.....but so far so good for the young bloke!

The standard of the league may have dropped slightly, but agree if it makes for closer games, all the better!

Don't know about close ones for Hawks-Mac.........did not worry Taty last year flogging all and sundry!

As for the first game, well a lot of players played together for the first time.....and no doubt they have naturally gelled together better since then.

agree there and hawkesdale will win by at least 10 goals this week... just wonder how well everyone is gelling down there with the cash that has been chucked around and the belief a lot of guys will only be there for the 1 season... hope not to many of the young guys get a gut full because then hawkesdale will be right back to where they were only a couple of yrs ago...

Some really interesting results from the round.

LD would have have to be spewing that they couldnt back up from their win against Taty and put same space on 3rd spot.

With Taty just getting over the line, with more injuries, it will continue to challenge the depth of the club. Cant see them being able to go with HW this week, if the number of outs that Magic listed is true. Great, however to see Big Doogs kick another 5!

Keep up the good posts Bloods, it's great to see someone back up thier comments with some facts...

Despite Taty going down the other week, I must say that it was great to be able to get back to the district (1st trip back since moving to Mornington in December) to see a game and catch up with the great people of Tatyoon (glad I didn't pack the gear, got a bit toey watching from the sidelines). Cant wait to get back up for the ball in August!

Looks like the next few weeks will be worth keeping an eye on. Keep the posts coming guys!:thumbsu:

Lismore/Derrinallum have injuries but so do other clubs.
I believe the Demons are doing really well with the cattle they have!
Some good young talent and a couple of older players having good seasons (Knight, Henderson).
At this stage of the season, bodies are getting sore. The Demons really need to push through and try to share the workload a bit.
If they are to get close to Eagles and Hawks in finals they need strong bodies sharing workloads.

As for factual information... could someone please provide a list of paid players at the Demons???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lismore/Derrinallum have injuries but so do other clubs.
I believe the Demons are doing really well with the cattle they have!
Some good young talent and a couple of older players having good seasons (Knight, Henderson).
At this stage of the season, bodies are getting sore. The Demons really need to push through and try to share the workload a bit.
If they are to get close to Eagles and Hawks in finals they need strong bodies sharing workloads.

As for factual information... could someone please provide a list of paid players at the Demons???
You tell us! .....And what has that got to do with anything......good luck to the clubs that raise enough funds to get players....and good players at that!

Paying players has been part of the football environment for that long now, it is a matter of keep up or be happy to finish midfield, unless you have an outstanding group of young locals coming through.

Don't know who you pay and don't care.......outsiders looking in only gauge a club by the cattle running around on the park (paid or unpaid), and LD will not cut it with the best when it counts for this year at least.

Probably cannot pay too many with what the coach takes home anyway!

I will admit the young local talent at LD is as good collectively as any other MDFL club though!

You tell us! .....And what has that got to do with anything......good luck to the clubs that raise enough funds to get players....and good players at that!

Paying players has been part of the football environment for that long now, it is a matter of keep up or be happy to finish midfield, unless you have an outstanding group of young locals coming through.

Don't know who you pay and don't care.......outsiders looking in only gauge a club by the cattle running around on the park (paid or unpaid), and LD will not cut it with the best when it counts for this year at least.

Probably cannot pay too many with what the coach takes home anyway!

I will admit the young local talent at LD is as good collectively as any other MDFL club though!

Im aware of players being payed for years in country footy.
but i would prefer to see clubs playing of there local support as much as possible. without money buying people.
now as for l/d not being in the finals race. take a look back., they beat the pumas by about 6 goals. when the pumas had come off the back of a massive win!. they wernt good enough to back it up either. so uhm maybe cut the dees some slack. first game after the break.
lamont being getting alot of attention, only time will tell how he handles it!
Good watching the young fellas in the league!

Im aware of players being payed for years in country footy.
but i would prefer to see clubs playing of there local support as much as possible. without money buying people.
now as for l/d not being in the finals race. take a look back., they beat the pumas by about 6 goals. when the pumas had come off the back of a massive win!. they wernt good enough to back it up either. so uhm maybe cut the dees some slack. first game after the break.
lamont being getting alot of attention, only time will tell how he handles it!
Good watching the young fellas in the league!

Lismore & Derrinallum, population wise are much bigger than most towns in the MDFL......so you blokes have a much better chance of fielding most of your teams with local people.

Take a look at the rest of the towns in the competition and some only have between 100 to 350 people in the community full stop.

So spending money to get recruits is something most clubs have had to put up with, like it or not!

Gee you beat Moy-Will by six goals!.........after they come off a massive win.......against Wickliffe-Lake Bolac!......wow....super form beating WLB!

Anyway who said LD are not in the final's race.....you have a knack of either not reading the posts carefully or are happy to mince the words around to suit your reply.

I said I think they will not cut it with the best come the crunch.........of course they will make it, but they will have a battle to now hold third spot!

And if you don't have the double chance, it's goodnight nurse for mine!

The best form is the form you can produce when it counts, meaning past results are only good enough if you can back them up again!

It's your opinion against my opinion...........time will tell who is corect!

And don't worry I've been wrong plenty of times before!

Like tipping against my own side the Rams last weekend!

Cheers:thumbsu:
Cheers!

Lismore/Derrinallum are doing very well for the players they have!!!
True they have some good young talent but also older guys.

So nobody can tell me who besides the coach is getting paid at the Demons??
Well then I wonder if anyone can give me lists of paid players in the sides above the Demons and below the Demons.
I am just wondering if the factual information would suggest that the 2 sides above Lis/Derri have more paid players by a long way?? No excuses just factual information.

Again, for the players the demons have... they are doing marvellously well!!!!

Should the Demons pay more players???

Well then I wonder if anyone can give me lists of paid players in the sides above the Demons and below the Demons.
I am just wondering if the factual information would suggest that the 2 sides above Lis/Derri have more paid players by a long way?? No excuses just factual information.

is jahn knight getting paid? im not 100% sure.
but the guy is a gun footballer. racking up an average of 35 disposals a game! teams dont even bother to tag him much anymore. hes like the gary ablet jnr of the mininera league.

is jahn knight getting paid? im not 100% sure.
but the guy is a gun footballer. racking up an average of 35 disposals a game! teams dont even bother to tag him much anymore. hes like the gary ablet jnr of the mininera league.

The Rams tagged him last week and he probably played his worst game for the season, although he was till ok...........Gary Ablett jnr of the MDFL.....uuuummmmm calm down a bit! Good player yes!

Those two clubs may have more paid players.......but unless someone from either of those two clubs speak up (in which they won't), we will never know....we will only speculate!

As for LD, yes they are doing ok, but if the club is happy to continually finish mid-range without a flag like they have since being in the league, well continue to use your stocks at hand!
Sometimes you need to spend a few more dollars once the season starts to match the teams above you!
If you choose not to, thats fine, but don't whinge that they spend this and that they spend that...............get with it or suffer the consequences......which more often than not in todays football world is defeat!
Right or wrong thats the economics of footy today!

Is he past his best football or what. Still a big unit.
I still reckon the big bloke would be handy sitting at full forward in a good side.
At WLB he probably has to do too much.......ruck, chf, ff etc......when his aging body would be best suited in a role right in front of goal!
Been a good player in some good teams with the Pies in their premiership years!

will hawkesdale beat taty this weekend with all the exclusions of some of there main players.

hawkesdale could easy beat taty by 20 goals this week... good chance for a lot of the young guys out there to stand up and show who wants 2 play thou... hawkesdale will definetly wil, just a question of by how much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back