Mininera and District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before the game, you were saying glen were going to win??
Your right about pembo a great kid who puts everything into the game for the team, did a great job a sholl a few weeks back.
finals here we come ey.

Typical of you Dragon!

Find a post where I said the Rams would win........the closest I got to saying that, was that it was a danger game for you blokes in your efforts to retain third spot!

But of course selective reading or lack of intelligence goes a long way in not digesting what is posted sometimes!

Who will come into the Demons team this week by the way.......glen rogers, brad stewart???

Even though Sholl kicked ten, he still did a reasonable job considering the ball came to them one out about 30 times.

Typical of you Dragon!

Find a post where I said the Rams would win........the closest I got to saying that, was that it was a danger game for you blokes in your efforts to retain third spot!

But of course selective reading or lack of intelligence goes a long way in not digesting what is posted sometimes!

Who will come into the Demons team this week by the way.......glen rogers, brad stewart???

Even though Sholl kicked ten, he still did a reasonable job considering the ball came to them one out about 30 times.

Brad stewart should coem back in, although AC joint injuries when severe are supposed to be about a month in a sling then physio. glen rogers should return after getting some match fitness through the twos. although did injure his leg on the w/e
Sholl did kick 10 on pembo, but i honestly believe there is not a player in the league that could have done a better job on the day. sholl was taking one handed marks lying on his back!!! freak show.
Andrew Cartlege is another who is a chance to play seniors.
For me, im a bit lost on who they will actualyl drop from the side for these players. young clint dudman maybe? Same thing happened to him last year, played a solid year in the seniors then got dropped in finals.

Sorry to use the same quote, but yes Hawkesdale's best and fairest is legit..
Guess they just chose not to include finals!!
I know some clubs certainly do and obviously some dont!

So what is the news on Frankie bumbles?
Is he totally fit or will he be playing below his best come finals.
See he turned up to the game against woorndoo with his bag but didnt play?

So what is the news on Frankie bumbles?
Is he totally fit or will he be playing below his best come finals.
See he turned up to the game against woorndoo with his bag but didnt play?

Think the temptation was there to play him against Woorndoo, especially with him likely to have kicked the hundred had he played!!
Made a good decision resting him, as it gave him an extra two weeks recovery given Hawkesdale get the first week of the finals off...
Not sure of the exact time frame but its now been a number of weeks since the injury, you would think he is likely getting back to near full fitness!! I also think he was very close to being right for the Woorndoo game so the extra couple of weeks should see him right to go!

B T.Barr D.Beer S.Henderson
HB M.Habel J.Blain D.Jelbart
C C.Flower B.Sholl(c) A.Ward
HF R.Tucker(vc)N.Byrne L.Barr
F M.Johnson F.Matthews B.McKenry

RK R.Blackburn J.Knight L.Fisher

IC D.JenkinsonW.McDonald M.CarrJ.Hetherington

Em M.Bourchier M.Burmeister A.Maconachie

Coach Jamie Hetherington

Legend: RoversRucksR/R

B S.Henderson D.Beer D.Pemberton
HB M.Habel R.Tucker(vc) D.Jelbart
C C.Flower B.Sholl(c) M.Bourchier
HF M.Carr N.Byrne L.Barr

IC A.Ward W.McDonald T.Barr(T)

Em C.Hogan M.Burmeister A.Maconachie J.Blain

Coach The Premiership Coach
i dunno how m.bourchier can go in before j blain.

B S.Henderson D.Beer D.Pemberton
HB M.Habel R.Tucker(vc) D.Jelbart
C C.Flower B.Sholl(c) M.Bourchier
HF M.Carr N.Byrne L.Barr
F M.Johnson F.Matthews T.Lamont

Em C.Hogan M.Burmeister A.Maconachie J.Blain

Coach The Premiership Coach

Only one change lamont in.
good side bloods

B J.Blain D.Beer S.Henderson
HB D.Pemberton R.Tucker(vc) D.Jelbart
C C.Flower B.Sholl(c) M.Habel
HF M.Carr N.Byrne L.Barr

Em M.Bourchier M.Burmeister A.Maconachie D.Jenkinson

Coach Jamie Hetherington

Legend: RoversRucksR/R

Not a bad effort but i dont know how you can leave Andy Tucker out he is easily the best CHF in the comp. He is Taty most important player. Out marks anyone in the league. Byrne plays like a flanker.
What number is pemberton? Lismores backline is stink so i dont kniow how 2 can make the best team?
Good effort though bloods and good to see you slotted maconachie as an emergency.

Congrats to Wilf Dickenson from Moyston who won senior coach of the year in the western region last night. Has done a great job out at moyston getting a good culture back out there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a bad effort but i dont know how you can leave Andy Tucker out he is easily the best CHF in the comp. He is Taty most important player. Out marks anyone in the league. Byrne plays like a flanker.
What number is pemberton? Lismores backline is stink so i dont kniow how 2 can make the best team?
Good effort though bloods and good to see you slotted maconachie as an emergency.

My team is based on performance this season.

I have no doubt Andy T is the premier CHF in the league and he will go a long way towards taking Taty to a flag, but he has missed a third of the season with injury and generally has not been as influential say as last season because of it. (3 times in best/13games-23 goals....41goals/2007).

Nic Byrne granted does not always play CHF, but I have seen Rovers four times, and three of those games he has played there and dominated. Played every game and been in the best 15 times. Only kicked 13 goals, but mainly due to being a utility and pinch-hitting at CHF.

I could have argued for Lachie Barr to be CHF as he played their most of the year for 31 goals and in the best 11 times with 6 bog's, but for team balance went for him on a flank due to his ability below his knees.

My opinion is that they have both been better than Andy this season, and deserve their spots ahead of him.............but on equal footing and ability in the position yes I acknowledge Andy is the best CHF in the comp.

Damian Pemberton is no.26 (dragon will know)I think for memory. Blonde headed 19y.o who is a great one on one defender, who also is attacking with the ball. Old-style disciplined defender which are hard to find.....has had roles on some of league's best forwards and generally done the job. Got a big rap from Sholl which in itself says plenty. Can play on all types......check him out saturday!
As for Hendo is a pseudo midfielder that plays roles down back as well........has had another good year and easily fits into the best 25 for the season like him or not!

Just because their back half may generally 'stink' as you put it, and I agree......you can have players that individually have good years.

Anyway it's all individual opinion!

what about trav anders from woorndoo very good hard in and under player well a head of bouchier

He may be a hard 'in and under' player as you put it, but he has missed six games this season and only been acknowledged by the Woorndoo match committee three times in the best when he did play.

Bourchier may be a different type of player, but he has again been solid with 13 times in the best from 16 appearances of which 5 were best player.

Telling me he goes in ahead of Bourchier on this years performances is hard to digest.

In any case Bourchier is only emergency.

My team is based on performance this season.

I have no doubt Andy T is the premier CHF in the league and he will go a long way towards taking Taty to a flag, but he has missed a third of the season with injury and generally has not been as influential say as last season because of it. (3 times in best/13games-23 goals....41goals/2007).

Nic Byrne granted does not always play CHF, but I have seen Rovers four times, and three of those games he has played there and dominated. Played every game and been in the best 15 times. Only kicked 13 goals, but mainly due to being a utility and pinch-hitting at CHF.

I could have argued for Lachie Barr to be CHF as he played their most of the year for 31 goals and in the best 11 times with 6 bog's, but for team balance went for him on a flank due to his ability below his knees.

My opinion is that they have both been better than Andy this season, and deserve their spots ahead of him.............but on equal footing and ability in the position yes I acknowledge Andy is the best CHF in the comp.

Damian Pemberton is no.26 (dragon will know)I think for memory. Blonde headed 19y.o who is a great one on one defender, who also is attacking with the ball. Old-style disciplined defender which are hard to find.....has had roles on some of league's best forwards and generally done the job. Got a big rap from Sholl which in itself says plenty. Can play on all types......check him out saturday!
As for Hendo is a pseudo midfielder that plays roles down back as well........has had another good year and easily fits into the best 25 for the season like him or not!

Just because their back half may generally 'stink' as you put it, and I agree......you can have players that individually have good years.

Anyway it's all individual opinion!

Far enough bloods you won me over on Tucker. But i know who pemberton is now and thier is no way he is in the best 22 in the league he has been a reserves player over the last few years he may have inmproved but i think scholl must of felt sorry for kicking 10 on him. Henderson is a good player i dont argue that.

So what are your thought on taty vs hawksdale bloods? Honestly? When did you last see taty play?

Now that the season is finished we could try and pick a team from the best players in the league for their overall seasons:

B: Jubb D.Beer Hendo
HB:N.Byrne A. Leahman Jelbart
C: C. Flower A. Ward M. Bouchier
HF:Habel A.Tucker R.Tucker
F: Scholl F. Matthews T.Lamont
R: ??? Fisher J.Hetherington
I: M. Carr, M.Johnson, S.McDougall, K.Dunn, N. Stewart, McKenry

My turn to attack....lol all opinion and subjective....at least we tried and listed a team, but............

Jubb/Bubb....both had reasonable years, but as you have said both replaced by Knight although I rate him as one of the premier mid-feilders.
Lehmann.....solid but not in my best defenders list....I reckon Luke Howlett has been better but still not ahead of who I put in.
A.Tucker....as per my previous post.
Lamont.....kicked only 12 of his 57 goals against teams in the five....others with better credentials ahead of him
Hetherington....at Jamie's own admission probably down a bit on last season. I know he has been carrying a stomach related injury, but I have reassessed his overall season and will probably slot him in too....missed three games, but still in the best 9 out 15 games....great leader!
S.McDougall.....Only played one game in the first 11 rounds, and only 7 for the season....great player but tough for him to get a gig ahead of tothers that have performed well all season.
B.McKenry.....sensational season from this youngster....a definite starter in my 18.
L.Barr.....no sign if him in your team......will finish top ten in Lewis Medal probably even higher.

Like I said previously different views through different eyes.

Far enough bloods you won me over on Tucker. But i know who pemberton is now and thier is no way he is in the best 22 in the league he has been a reserves player over the last few years he may have inmproved but i think scholl must of felt sorry for kicking 10 on him. Henderson is a good player i dont argue that.

So what are your thought on taty vs hawksdale bloods? Honestly? When did you last see taty play?

Bloods is 100% correct about the way pemberton plays, rare talent to find. hard at it committed, will do anything withing the rules to beat his man. He may have came up through the reserves but the kid is 19!!!! playing on sholly who is how old? how experienced? played at what level? i rest my case on the age.
i think he has worn 38 and 26 during the year, but only a number.
all the best to the dees this weekend, hpefully they can put up a contest

Lismore derri have a pretty young backline. with centre half back being held down by brent rogers (19) all year. Along with neil brown damien pemberton and Brad stewart. of course veteran jez baker does make an appearance in the dees backline. which probably brings the entire teams average age up to about 29 :p
interesting Franky kicked 4 goals on young brent the first time the eagles met the demons. Showed a glimpse on how good this kid could be as a backmen.

pemberton has only played one reserve game in two years, but has missed a few due to his love for shooting and hunting......but I must admit that due to him missing 7 games this season i may have to reassess his place in my team.....but i rate him highly as a defender of the future, his techinique, attitude and discipline is fantastic for a young kid.

Taty will bore it right up the Eagles....huge chance........seen them about a month ago, and all indicators are pointing towards a big showdown between the top two teams. Sorting that forward line out is a nice problem, just hope it aint a wet final's series

My turn to attack....lol all opinion and subjective....at least we tried and listed a team, but............

Jubb/Bubb....both had reasonable years, but as you have said both replaced by Knight although I rate him as one of the premier mid-feilders.
Lehmann.....solid but not in my best defenders list....I reckon Luke Howlett has been better but still not ahead of who I put in.
A.Tucker....as per my previous post.
Lamont.....kicked only 12 of his 57 goals against teams in the five....others with better credentials ahead of him
Hetherington....at Jamie's own admission probably down a bit on last season. I know he has been carrying a stomach related injury, but I have reassessed his overall season and will probably slot him in too....missed three games, but still in the best 9 out 15 games....great leader!
S.McDougall.....Only played one game in the first 11 rounds, and only 7 for the season....great player but tough for him to get a gig ahead of tothers that have performed well all season.
B.McKenry.....sensational season from this youngster....a definite starter in my 18.
L.Barr.....no sign if him in your team......will finish top ten in Lewis Medal probably even higher.

Like I said previously different views through different eyes.

I was probably trying to hard to involve all teams. Will be interesting to see who pemberton goes to in the taty forward line. Brad Stewart plays to lose in the back-line both times taty have played them he has had 4 goals on him in the first quarter. Does have nice skills though.

I was probably trying to hard to involve all teams. Will be interesting to see who pemberton goes to in the taty forward line. Brad Stewart plays to lose in the back-line both times taty have played them he has had 4 goals on him in the first quarter. Does have nice skills though.

I reckon Pemberton may get a crack at Andy Tucker at CHF, Jeremy Baker will take Hitchcock closer to goal, Brown on Campbell, Brent Rogers on McDougall (whether thats Tim or Andrew who knows).
Where Milne fits in I don't know......he may even ruck to give Welsh a chop-out, so could change from the bench.
That leaves a midfielder or two changing thru there as well.....so whichever way you look at it, they will be stretched.
I agree with you about Brad Stewart, not physical enough for mine to be a defender in finals.....wing for mine is his spot!

I reckon Pemberton may get a crack at Andy Tucker at CHF, Jeremy Baker will take Hitchcock closer to goal, Brown on Campbell, Brent Rogers on McDougall (whether thats Tim or Andrew who knows).
Where Milne fits in I don't know......he may even ruck to give Welsh a chop-out, so could change from the bench.
That leaves a midfielder or two changing thru there as well.....so whichever way you look at it, they will be stretched.
I agree with you about Brad Stewart, not physical enough for mine to be a defender in finals.....wing for mine is his spot!

Last time young crackers rogers played on Tucker. You also need to man up on rich tucker who plays mainly forward. Stewart doesnt mind throwing a few cheap shots either - king hit matt harris last game. Gerald douglas has been great for taty over last few rounds plays tall and has a freakish jump. Kicked 4 in 5 minutes two weeks ago

I think Milne is likely to start on the bench and give a chop out in the ruck, can also be used at either end of the ground tho so it may depend on the way the game is shaping as to where he plays..
Bloods, haven't seen much of Derri this year - can they cover the Hawks forwards? Or at least be competitive down there?

I think Milne is likely to start on the bench and give a chop out in the ruck, can also be used at either end of the ground tho so it may depend on the way the game is shaping as to where he plays..
Bloods, haven't seen much of Derri this year - can they cover the Hawks forwards? Or at least be competitive down there?

I really doubt they can, they are young apart from Baker, but they won't be physically strong enough or plain good enough.
Pemberton and Brent Rogers will have a crack, Brown bores thru, but gee you are talking about some pretty good players in that Taty front half.

Where will Rich Tucker play.......is Nicholas at half back?

I am trying to put together a 'team of the year' for a paper and have slotted Rich at CHB to try and balance the team up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back