Mininera and District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a real shame a lot of these good young players are lost to the country in search of work or further studies.

I guess that is country football.

You need a good mix of youth and experience to have success on the ground... it is not all about the young ones but also the leadership.

Keep up the good work Demons....

Why are Tatyoon juniors struggling so badly whilst their other teams are strong??

No player in the Tatyoon U16 side is in their last year besides for the rats players that get dropped each week from their U17's side

It is a real shame a lot of these good young players are lost to the country in search of work or further studies.

I guess that is country football.

You need a good mix of youth and experience to have success on the ground... it is not all about the young ones but also the leadership.

Keep up the good work Demons....

Why are Tatyoon juniors struggling so badly whilst their other teams are strong??

ill agree with you there, without leadership the youngsters will struggle.
but so far in this league, if your young and quick 9 times out of 10 your gunna do well. alot of older slower players going around in mininera.
most of which are more than happy to give younger playerss guidance.
good atmosphere for kids to be in i reckon.
what about penshurst u16s? how do they consitently have such a strong junior team but struggle in the other teams?

ill agree with you there, without leadership the youngsters will struggle.
but so far in this league, if your young and quick 9 times out of 10 your gunna do well. alot of older slower players going around in mininera.
most of which are more than happy to give younger playerss guidance.
good atmosphere for kids to be in i reckon.
what about penshurst u16s? how do they consitently have such a strong junior team but struggle in the other teams?
Because they work closely with some u16 teams in Hamilton JL to help get numbers......in return Penshurst lads play in Hamilton on Sunday. Glen-Dunk do it as well to a lesser degree......I know Glen-Dunk have only 13 to 14 of their own players of which most are pretty young, so some older permit players from Hamilton help fill the void.(my two boys 11 & 10 play). Also Will Collins and Brad McDonald play U16 & seniors for the Rams.....Numbers are and have always been tight.

I think Penshurst's Taylor McKenry, Luke Burn & James North also play U16 & seniors.

Both clubs are just fortunate they are close to Hamilton to be able to do this to survive........I think you can use five kids for eight games each.

all these young players mentioned except for the u/16 boys such as taylor mckenery and james North are never goin to get any further than country football. the comp is not strong enough, they will not learn anything running around old guys, they migt learn how to take a hit thats about it, if a kid has potential and has finished u/16 they should be encouraged to played u/18 football somewhere where the competition is stronger, where they will get more out of their football.

all these young players mentioned except for the u/16 boys such as taylor mckenery and james North are never goin to get any further than country football. the comp is not strong enough, they will not learn anything running around old guys, they migt learn how to take a hit thats about it, if a kid has potential and has finished u/16 they should be encouraged to played u/18 football somewhere where the competition is stronger, where they will get more out of their football.
Who said the comps full of old guys......what a myth that is!
And some of these kids between 16 to 18 are better off playing seniors in Mininera rather than some U18 comps......not all kids develop at the same speed, therefore playing out in Mininera like comps in the senior grade does not hurt at all.
Running around as a big fish in an U18 comp won't necessarily be good for those star players either......if they are that good they should be cracking it for a senior game in Wimmera, Western Border, Hampden or wherever.

taty have a couple that have been playing some pretty good footy in andy maconachie and tom vallance... both 17... vallance stepped up nd did a bloody good job at chf against lismore in his first crack at it... both these boys are guna play a lot of senior footy out their, plus dave astbury who is away at school but is in the rebel squad...
lots of talk bout these lismore kids but i heard none of them had much impact in their win against taty the other week...
penshurst - mckenrys north
taty- t vallance machonachie atsbury
moyston- m peel
dees- c dudman stewart
rams- l campbell l mcdonald collins
worndoo- no u18s??
wicklifee- j clark l blake
rovers- fisher
hawk- kelson young bos

lismore derrinelum today lost to the rams both teams struggling with injures yet rams got up and beat lismore by 7 points.

lismore might fall to 3rd or 4th by the end of the year, moy willura are a better quality side than lismore, and will no doubt perform well throughout the rest of the season. interestin to see who wins the next time they face off

tatyoon are clearly havin a real hard run on the injuries, caramut proved that today with there score against them, so the lismore side should stop pumpin there tyres over a fluke win and focus on every match as i comes

Anyone know anything about the fight at Caramut today? Also heard Tatyoon were hit hard by injuries is that right? Sum1 did a shoulder??

Well there we go... the Demons went down in a close one.
They will still be in it come finals time.
It seems Tatyoon struggled but got over the line also...
I am hoping for a close finals series, but Hawk/Mac seem to be kicking along and moving forwards.
What do people think after this round???
I am looking forward to the battle of the top two teams next week.

i watched the lismore derri vs rams game.
l/d played possibly the worst football thats ever been played.
the rams on the other hand played the game of there life.
hitting targets and taking marks all over the ground.
i did notice a young fella for lismore derri.
the program had to names next to his number. luke riggal and allan noone.
anyway, had his knee heavily taped and seemed to have a lack of movement therefore only played limited game time. if this was allan noone, can anyone fill us in on what the go is?
how bad????

more injuries for taty? thats good news for the other clubs, they had there reign at the top, its good how close alot of the matchs are this year. Worndoo mortlake who hav yet to win a game are still not that bad of a side, all there matchs against the teams 5th on the ladder and below are really close.

i watched the lismore derri vs rams game.
l/d played possibly the worst football thats ever been played.
the rams on the other hand played the game of there life.
hitting targets and taking marks all over the ground.
i did notice a young fella for lismore derri.
the program had to names next to his number. luke riggal and allan noone.
anyway, had his knee heavily taped and seemed to have a lack of movement therefore only played limited game time. if this was allan noone, can anyone fill us in on what the go is?
how bad????

Demons have a few injuries but so does every club. Al Noone has had a sore knee for a couple of weeks. He has been playing off the bench in spurts.

Demons have a few injuries but so does every club . Al Noone has had a sore knee for a couple of weeks. He has been playing off the bench in spurts.

i agree with every club having injuries, was just curious. demons cant afford many more injuries and al is a good player.
i heard hes going in for an arthrascope this month
which is pretty miner. i heard this about 2nd hand, so im not sure how true it is.
bad for a young kid. WORSE FOR THE DEES

(Log in to remove this ad.)

can any one fill me in about stephan phillips from woorndoo i havent seen around or heard about him, is he playing this year at all.

can any one fill me in about stephan phillips from woorndoo i havent seen around or heard about him, is he playing this year at all.
as far as i no he was`playing with woorndoo last year, not much of a footballer thro but he does do a few good things in a game to help out the team, we played them a few weeks ago and no sign of him any where mate so not sure if he is playing this year

Looks like Hawksdale are pulling further and further away as flag favourite. With Lismore getting beaton by a bottom 4 side and tatyoon just getting over caramut. Hawksdale will beat taty by over 10 goals this week. Players that wont make the trip: Andy Tucker, Shane Hitchcock, Josh McDougall, Andrew Ward, Doug Walton, Justin McMahon, Aaron Jenkins.

Good to see Gerald Douglas got throught his first game with the club in the 2's. If gets goinjg will be a great addition for the senior team.

Anyone know anything about the fight at Caramut today? Also heard Tatyoon were hit hard by injuries is that right? Sum1 did a shoulder??

Which one? There were a few scuffles at various stages yet only 2 cards were handed out. Big crowd involvement too, the umpires were really under the pump.
Big Tucker came off early in the game with a shoulder injury, then another came off after doing a hammy. Caramut probably should have won with the injuries to Tatyoon and them not having a bench.

Looks like Hawksdale are pulling further and further away as flag favourite. With Lismore getting beaton by a bottom 4 side and tatyoon just getting over caramut. Hawksdale will beat taty by over 10 goals this week. Players that wont make the trip: Andy Tucker, Shane Hitchcock, Josh McDougall, Andrew Ward, Doug Walton, Justin McMahon, Aaron Jenkins.

Good to see Gerald Douglas got throught his first game with the club in the 2's. If gets goinjg will be a great addition for the senior team.
Hey McLean the Rams are 5th......the bottom 4 to Woor-Mort, WLB, Rovers & Pens...lol....but I know what you mean!
Lis-Derr were pathetic on the weekend......Play nice and tight on a couple of their good midfielders, stop the supply to what is a so-so forward line......good night nurse!
They looked to have improved this season, but in reality what has happened is that Caramut, Glen-Dunk & Taty have dropped in resources, while they have virtually the same group as last season.....meaning they have gone over two teams from their finishing spot of 5th last season.
Hawkesdale-Mac & Moyston-Will are the only two teams that have improved their list to any big degree!

Injuries to the Hawks looks like robbing the game of a fair dinkum contest next week unfortunately.

Rams v Caramut interesting for fifth spot though!

Hey McLean the Rams are 5th......the bottom 4 to Woor-Mort, WLB, Rovers & Pens...lol....but I know what you mean!
Lis-Derr were pathetic on the weekend......Play nice and tight on a couple of their good midfielders, stop the supply to what is a so-so forward line......good night nurse!
They looked to have improved this season, but in reality what has happened is that Caramut, Glen-Dunk & Taty have dropped in resources, while they have virtually the same group as last season.....meaning they have gone over two teams from their finishing spot of 5th last season.
Hawkesdale-Mac & Moyston-Will are the only two teams that have improved their list to any big degree!

Injuries to the Hawks looks like robbing the game of a fair dinkum contest next week unfortunately.

Sorry Bloods. Would be good to see glen sneak into the 5 at the end of the year. Taty need to add rich king to that list due to him being away. So this weekends game will have no meaning come finals time. Hawksdale are looking good. Wonder if they have any more players in the pipeline before end of june?

Sorry Bloods. Would be good to see glen sneak into the 5 at the end of the year. Taty need to add rich king to that list due to him being away. So this weekends game will have no meaning come finals time. Hawksdale are looking good. Wonder if they have any more players in the pipeline before end of june?
Not sure mate.......no sign of that Neal yet, although he has been cleared from NT.....Peter Jelbart has been missing lately, only played a handful seniors, but was in the twos weekend, while Lachie Reichman's bro, Josh has been cleared from Redan, played twos rd8, but didnt play at all on the weekend.
Rumours, but only rumours may I stress, suggest maybe a couple more from up NT may appear.......the next couple of weeks on the transfer list will tell a story on those rumours though!
As for the Rams, well if they make 5th, they have done a great job, and have past my expectations considering they lost 13 players from last years 1st semi final loss to Caramut.
The upside is plenty of young blokes are getting a taste of senior footy and doing well.........14 of last week's team are Under 21, with 8 players either still eligible for U16 or just one or two years out of it.
Gives them a good platform for the future!

ps: hope your missing the injury curse over your way.

Not sure mate.......no sign of that Neal yet, although he has been cleared from NT.....Peter Jelbart has been missing lately, only played a handful seniors, but was in the twos weekend, while Lachie Reichman's bro, Josh has been cleared from Redan, played twos rd8, but didnt play at all on the weekend.
Rumours, but only rumours may I stress, suggest maybe a couple more from up NT may appear.......the next couple of weeks on the transfer list will tell a story on those rumours though!
As for the Rams, well if they make 5th, they have done a great job, and have past my expectations considering they lost 13 players from last years 1st semi final loss to Caramut.
The upside is plenty of young blokes are getting a taste of senior footy and doing well.........14 of last week's team are Under 21, with 8 players either still eligible for U16 or just one or two years out of it.
Gives them a good platform for the future!

ps: hope your missing the injury curse over your way.

Well i think someone at taty ran over a black cat.
You would think they would be confident enough with who they have picked up to win the flag. They shouldnt waste any more money on flying people back they should be thinking of next year and onwards.

Well i think someone at taty ran over a black cat.
You would think they would be confident enough with who they have picked up to win the flag. They shouldnt waste any more money on flying people back they should be thinking of next year and onwards.
You're right!.....already concerns from some over that way about next year.....some good local kids in the twos already missing out.....plus plenty have left from last season aready!
It's ok if you can sustain it, but if you shit in the locals face for the sake of one decent crack at it, you certainly hope it does not destroy the fabric of what makes a country football/netball club!

a so so forward line your a joke right? look who is number 2 in the goal kicking you fool. todd lamont got the best hands in the league. but teams get worried and put 2 or 3 people on him and every contest.
lets see the likes of burmister take 2 backman in a contest and still take the mark.
l/d midfield group is massive. jahn knight scott henderson neil brown ben quarell glen rogers simon stewart neil kelly(when playing) deal ruggles (when playing) arron white glen stewart allan noone clint dudman.
to bad they didnt try something different in the middle on the w/e though
probs woulda won them the game.

i got told today at work
that noone wont play again this year.
surely its not true.
rumours are shocking,
but this website is sooo goood.
love reading what other people have to say, even if no one gives lisi deri
any respect whatso ever
still reckon tatyoon will pickup form. bit like geelong down on form. hawthorn flying. but no doubt geelong will be in the granny
and probably win it!

I would imagine the Moy/Wil boys are very happy with Glen/Dun at the moment. The L/D loss to Glen keeps the Pumas within reach of 3rd. Will be an interesting game in two weeks time. In saying this they need to make sure they continue to win the games they have in the first round to secure a spot in the finals. Football can be a funny game and the MDFL is certainly providing us with entertainment this year, keeping us guessing (besides Eagles).
Keep the chat up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back