Mininera and District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really doubt they can, they are young apart from Baker, but they won't be physically strong enough or plain good enough.
Pemberton and Brent Rogers will have a crack, Brown bores thru, but gee you are talking about some pretty good players in that Taty front half.

Where will Rich Tucker play.......is Nicholas at half back!

I am trying to put together a 'team of the year' for a paper and have slotted Rich at CHB.

Tucker certainly capable of playing and holding down CHB...
Has done it before in the Wimmera League and became one of the premier defenders...
Has played plenty of footy up forward this season, adding more potency to the Hawks forward line!!
I think to start half forward flank and swap on the ball..
Nicholas off half back...

I really doubt they can, they are young apart from Baker, but they won't be physically strong enough or plain good enough.
Pemberton and Brent Rogers will have a crack, Brown bores thru, but gee you are talking about some pretty good players in that Taty front half.

Where will Rich Tucker play.......is Nicholas at half back?

I am trying to put together a 'team of the year' for a paper and have slotted Rich at CHB to try and balance the team up.

Rich has been playing forward all year changing in the middle he might of played 4 quarters down back all year. Luke Nicholas and Bradd Wilson have been half back.

Tucker certainly capable of playing and holding down CHB...
Has done it before in the Wimmera League and became one of the premier defenders...
Has played plenty of footy up forward this season, adding more potency to the Hawks forward line!!
I think to start half forward flank and swap on the ball..
Nicholas off half back...

Tim Barr and Darren Beer seemed to have had pretty good years, along with Wardy and young Maconachie.....where has young Andrew been playing?

Tim Barr and Darren Beer seemed to have had pretty good years, along with Wardy and young Maconachie.....where has young Andrew been playing?

The side over the last few weeks has been

Jenkins Beer McDougall

Wilson Barr Nicholas

Maconachie Ward Walker

TUcker Tucker McDougall

McDougall Hitchcock Campbell

Welsh King Harris

The side over the last few weeks has been

Jenkins Beer Z.McDougall

Wilson Barr Nicholas

Maconachie Ward Walker

TUcker Tucker J.McDougall

A.McDougall Hitchcock Campbell

Welsh King Harris

does that mean the bench is between Milne, Douglas, Gellie, Ord.....and T.McDougall & J.McMahon if they're right!......and Sean McD????

B T.Barr D.Beer S.Henderson
HB M.Habel J.Blain D.Jelbart
C C.Flower B.Sholl(c) A.Ward
HF R.Tucker(vc)N.Byrne L.Barr
F M.Johnson F.Matthews B.McKenry

RK R.Blackburn J.Knight L.Fisher

IC D.JenkinsonW.McDonald M.CarrJ.Hetherington

Em M.Bourchier M.Burmeister A.Maconachie

Coach Jamie Hetherington

Legend: RoversRucksR/R

That is my final team after plenty of tinkering.

The Demons have had a good year, and I agree with Knight and Hendo being in best. I don't think they can match the might of Taty but let us hope they have a real crack and it's not too much of a blowout.
If the Dees can keeping working on the youngsters, letting them all develop together then maybe some good things will happen.

BLOODS, what are your reasons for the onball brigade you have chosen, you have chosen alot of experience with Jahn and Scholly along with youngster in Luke Fisher, he would learn alot playing with these sort of players. This league also lacks a good tap ruck man to provide these players with first use of the ball.
Not putting anything against the likes of Richard Balckburn i'd have him as my first ruckman, however he does most of his damage around the ground playing the old ruckmans style that kick behind play.

One thing i noticed when doing the team of the year, was the absence of real quality ruckmen, with all due respect to the boys out there.

I went with Richard Blackburn ahead of Will McDonald as they have played well when i have seen them.

Give us a lead in with some other blokes please fellas

Caramut - Chris Burrows
Glen-Dunk - Paul Phillips
Taty - Mitchell Welsh
Rovers - Jon Box
Lis Derr - Chris Le Sueur
Woor-Mort - David McNicoll
Pens - Jeremy Cameron
WLB - R.Blackburn / Brad Keilar
Haw-Mac - W.McDonald / Lach Reichman
Moy-Will - Brendan Pieters

The players in bold i rated my best.

BLOODS, what are your reasons for the onball brigade you have chosen, you have chosen alot of experience with Jahn and Scholly along with youngster in Luke Fisher, he would learn alot playing with these sort of players. This league also lacks a good tap ruck man to provide these players with first use of the ball.
Not putting anything against the likes of Richard Balckburn i'd have him as my first ruckman, however he does most of his damage around the ground playing the old ruckmans style that kick behind play.

We must have been posting at the same time, as I have just put up a post re lack of good ruckman.

As for the onball brigade, and the whole team it was picked in three catergories of backs, mids and forwards.....had 35 in total for a start.....then narrowed to 25 and then put into positions and a final 22.

As per usual most of your league's better players are mids of some sorts.

Hence then I went for the best balance, and that is why Habel is back flank (plays his role as a mid from there a lot anyway), Hendo BP, he plays as defensive mid anyway, Flower on a wing, looks a natural out there, same with Wardy.
As for Jahn and Sholly they are dead-set middle of the ground players for mine and young Fisher is a gun runner and would change with another great kid in McKenry.

Rich Tucker, Lach Barr can change with Jahn to change it up if required, while Nic Byrne can play the CHF role...actually all those three can.

Matthews picks himself, Johnson the best small forward in 08.

True defenders in Barr, Beer and Blain pick themselves, while the freaky talents of David Jelbart could play almost anywhere, but he has played across hb this year.

Jumbo, Crusty, Carry and McDonald all worthy with good years.

Sorry thought I would give you the whole run thru.

Rich Tuckers position is not CHB. There is no reason in my mind whatsoever to play him there. He played there in 1 WFL year and played well. But in the mininera league.....far too good to be playing at CHB. Centre Half Backs in this league dont hurt you on the scoreboard. Rich in the midfiled/half forward can hurt you!

No Tony Campbell....injured?????
Did Beery get thru training????
Is Tim McDougall right to go....obvious one for Campbell if right!
Is Sean McD playing????
How is big Douge's spider bite going????
Which poor buggers are back in the twos tomorrow???

Expect silence Demon's posters!!!:thumbsu:

Good to see demons have recalled youngster allan noone to the side after a stint in the twos, also good to see young clint dudman being given the opportunity after being dropped last year.
all the best to the demons, but taty look to strong

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to see demons have recalled youngster allan noone to the side after a stint in the twos, also good to see young clint dudman being given the opportunity after being dropped last year.
all the best to the demons, but taty look to strong

dudman very good young player
not sure y noone is in the side was lucky not to be dropped from the 2nds a couple of weeks ago

No Tony Campbell....injured?????
Did Beery get thru training????
Is Tim McDougall right to go....obvious one for Campbell if right!
Is Sean McD playing????
How is big Douge's spider bite going????
Which poor buggers are back in the twos tomorrow???

Expect silence Demon's posters!!!:thumbsu:

Tony Campbell - ligament damage to his ankle, wont play!!
Beery - pulled up sore will miss another week...
Timmy Mc - back in for Wanga, obvious replacement, the Hawks lose nothing here yet gain a bloke who is known for kicking bags and can kick 50 on both feet..
Sean Mc - expect him to play again to bolster the Hawks mids
Doogs - bit sore but will be fine, leading goalkicker who has been in great form..
Toby Ord misses out, smaller body gets knocked around a bit...
Expect more chopping and changing to the Taty side as blokes recover from injury etc..
Will be some selection dilemma's at the Goons im sure!

Will beat Derri tomorrow, too much class and will be itching for a crack at Hawkesdale in the second semi!!

Tony Campbell - ligament damage to his ankle, wont play!!
Beery - pulled up sore will miss another week...
Timmy Mc - back in for Wanga, obvious replacement, the Hawks lose nothing here yet gain a bloke who is known for kicking bags and can kick 50 on both feet..
Sean Mc - expect him to play again to bolster the Hawks mids
Doogs - bit sore but will be fine, leading goalkicker who has been in great form..
Toby Ord misses out, smaller body gets knocked around a bit...
Expect more chopping and changing to the Taty side as blokes recover from injury etc..
Will be some selection dilemma's at the Goons im sure!

Will beat Derri tomorrow, too much class and will be itching for a crack at Hawkesdale in the second semi!!

Thanks Bumbles........plenty of depth at Hawkland at the moment!
Look miles too good for the dees!

dudman very good young player
not sure y noone is in the side was lucky not to be dropped from the 2nds a couple of weeks ago

Yer your right, i was pretty lucky not to be dropped from the 2's, been playing pretty poor footy. i was bloody suprised when i was named in the 1's this week.

young Dudman is still eligible for the unders.....they could do with him against wlb in the elimination........will he play both sat and sunday?

They sure could use him. but im not sure hes qualified dont think he was on the team sheet enough.
I thought noone had been playing okay footy, heard a rumour he kicked 1 goal 12 against woorndoo, not sure how true it is.
all the best to the demons tho,

dudman played two games in the unders.......i am not sure what or if he has a qual mark to pass or not........i know for a fact that is does not matter how many seniors they play, they can still play finals, because we have collins and mcdonald going back after playing nearly all year in seniors as well as unders.

Is Jahn in or out? It says in the selected sides he is out and your name aint anywhere on there!
I dont think they have the right sides up on the vcfl site.

Well that was a bit of a shelacking for the Dees wasn't it?
All credit to Tatyoon, they play good team footy and run hard for each other.
The Dees had a crack but were outclassed really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back