Mega Thread Minnesota Timberwolves Thread - The Finch Era begins

Remove this Banner Ad

We're committed to 11 players for next season with a total of $60.4m. We have a team option for Damjan Rudez for 1.2m and there will be a slotted cap hold for our first round pick. Pick 5 is worth 3.2m. There is also whatever we owe Kevin Martin for his player option 2016-17 which was bought out. The full value was 7.4m, which is the worst case scenario cap hit for 16-17.

So if the cap is 90m for 16-17 we'd have a little less than 18m.

Personally I think you get the best player available in the draft and then look for the best PF you can get in FA. Given it is a position of depth in the league right now, they shouldn't be that expensive.

On Pek, I think we have to ride it out for another season. One think I could not abide is sending a pick out to get him off our books. There will be no shortage of teams willing to rent out cap space for a first round pick. And we're absolutely dumb enough to do it.
Agree on all counts.

Any ideas for a free agent PF? I really don't watch a heap outside of the Wolves. Ryan Anderson maybe?

Agree on all counts.

Any ideas for a free agent PF? I really don't watch a heap outside of the Wolves. Ryan Anderson maybe?
Draft.

Otherwise you best look at the bottom of the barrel and look to snag an Ed Davis type bargain

Draft.

Otherwise you best look at the bottom of the barrel and look to snag an Ed Davis type bargain
Competent PF that fits us would be an ideal result out of the draft but looking at mocks there doesn't seem to be a bunch of non-reach options if we slot in between picks 4 and 10. Bender looks like he'd fit us perfectly but if the mocks are anything to go by we're gonna need to start losing more or get lucky come lottery time.

To be honest though as long as:
  • Mitchell is goneski and a competent coach in charge;
  • Rubio stays;
  • We use our first rounder, and;
  • We don't load the team with veterans again
I'll be pretty happy with the off-season. I don't think we need to do anything outlandish, just keep building as we are and make sure we find a replacement for Mitchell.

Agree on all counts.

Anderson will go close to getting maxed out. Won't be affording him.

Draft.

I'd kill for a PF as competent as Ed Davis.

Some PF FA's below the top shelf (it's an awful list btw)

Ersan Ilyasova
Terrence Jones
Mirza Teletovic
Trevor Booker

Yeah, I know.

Anderson will go close to getting maxed out. Won't be affording him.

I'd kill for a PF as competent as Ed Davis.

Some PF FA's below the top shelf (it's an awful list btw)

Ersan Ilyasova
Terrence Jones
Mirza Teletovic
Trevor Booker

Yeah, I know.

Booker/Jones are worth throwing some Dollar at to get them to move up north, I dont actually mine Terrence Jones. Do you think a 3 year 9 million dollar deal would do it?

Ilyasova can at least box out and grab boards. the dude can be a fiend on the offensive boards.

Always Josh Smith guys, a stretch 4 who can play D and hit the 3 well.

a blue collar PF who doesn't need any plays run for him who can score 4-10 points a game but box out and average 5-10 rebounds. Ild take it every day

As for this years draft. Ild take a PF if we could, but honestly, best available. I dont think we should take Bender as he wont be turning up into the NBA for at least 2 years

I like Labissiere even though he's has a dissapointing season for Kentucky so far

Competent PF that fits us would be an ideal result out of the draft but looking at mocks there doesn't seem to be a bunch of non-reach options if we slot in between picks 4 and 10. Bender looks like he'd fit us perfectly but if the mocks are anything to go by we're gonna need to start losing more or get lucky come lottery time.
Potentially staying another season in Europe but not sure where I read that.

Potentially staying another season in Europe but not sure where I read that.
He signed a 7 year deal which he will have to be bought out

2 years+ at the earliest maybe, I know after 4 years he has the option to walk from it

Yeah so even the best PF outside of Simmons wont be an immediate fit for the team if we can grab him.

So need to trade. Shabazz had suitors before (LA?) and it may be the best time to get a good trade for Dieng. All dependent on the Country Club though.

That Zach Lowe article about the situation just does not read optimistically for next season.

Yeah so even the best PF outside of Simmons wont be an immediate fit for the team if we can grab him.

So need to trade. Shabazz had suitors before (LA?) and it may be the best time to get a good trade for Dieng. All dependent on the Country Club though.

That Zach Lowe article about the situation just does not read optimistically for next season.
I hear Love could be traded this off-season... :$

Any others come to mind as possible trade options?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's everyones thoughts for the draft? PF is obvious. Although he could draft a small forward. Ingram is a pipe dream. Dunn looks like he is going to make a really solid NBA player. Not hyped on Murray. I agree on the Bender call but we would need our pick to be before the Suns. It's a pretty weak draft. Ingram (if we somehow score the second pick), Bended or Dunn for me

Al is unlikely but I don't think age is a big roadblock. We will need experience and personally would like to have a team where Rubio doesn't end up the senior player post-Garnett. We should have at least one player to join, on how much is anyones guess considering KAT will have to eventually be paid lots and you'd expect Wiggins too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Minnesota Timberwolves Thread - The Finch Era begins

Remove this Banner Ad

Back