Mitch Clark - Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

You'd think the people here would he smart enough to know this rumour is pure bs.

Hey! Don't spoil the fun. It is officially rumour season.

Lions clearly can choose to do or not do a deal as he is contracted. But the pressure comes because in another year he isn't, and in the present climate with new teams coming in, doing deals for contracted players is a way better option.

For discussion sake, if Palmer actually is disgruntled, Palmer and our 1st round is not bad compo.

If he wants to go to Freo surely he'll come to the Eagles too. Eagles are a in much better bargaining position. Clark can play forward right?

Some people just don't get it.

A player only ever wishes to join one club if he is leaving.

If the rumours are true about him wanting out and has nominated Freo, he has done so for a reason- they are in much better shape list-wise to challenge than WCE, irrespective of "bargaining position".

As it stands, Freo is a much more attractive option than WCE.

I would consider Stephen Hill, but other than that not sure what else you have, he is easily worth a top 5 pick, not a pick 20 and a solid player.

OH and this is all BS

Make no mistake unlike Brennan, Rischa and Sherman, Clark is a key piece and someone the Lions will be desparate to keep. He is a 22 year old KP/Ruck who was widely regarded as the second best ruck in the competition and AA contender last year as a 21 year old. He is tall, nimble, has a big engine and can kick goals. He is the kind of player you build teams around. There is not a chance in hell that the Lions give him away for spare parts and low picks if this had any legs at all.

It is worth considering that no other media have picked up this story and this is not the first time Denham has mentioned it. It is a BF research at its best.

Freo have publicly stated that they would be looking for a key forward so there may be some truth to the rumour. Maybe they are talking to him. May not happen though. Being a ruck too is a huge bonus.

Initially I thought that i could live with losing Palmer in a deal for Mitch but when you think what Mitch would add to freo you kinda start thinking that it would be great to keep palmer too. He will be back to his best next year. I think a key forward is more of an issue for us now that we have secured Mundy, Hill, Morabito and Barlow but having Palmer in there too I think could make a difference.

FWIW I am more worried about losing guys like Clark and Rich to huge GWS offers this offseason. Gubby Allen signed those guys to their current contracts and they conveniently come out of contract next year. As well he screwed up the rest of our salary cap situation and then moved to GWS. Voss gets all the blame for the trading and cap issues but the word is is that Gubby pushed the agenda last year and Voss was sold on the hand full of beans Gubby was offerring.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FWIW I am more worried about losing guys like Clark and Rich to huge GWS offers this offseason. Gubby Allen signed those guys to their current contracts and they conveniently come out of contract next year. As well he screwed up the rest of our salary cap situation and then moved to GWS. Voss gets all the blame for the trading and cap issues but the word is is that Gubby pushed the agenda last year and Voss was sold on the hand full of beans Gubby was offerring.

That to me says if Clark actually has stated that he would like to return home (ya, I know it is BF rumour) then this season is the best option for Lions to trade him.

Funny how Fremantle fans want Clark but are not being willing to trade Palmer.

I suppose Brisbane will go "Whatever, pick 22 should be enough"

I am ok with Palmer leaving. We would seriously have to put up something reasonable to get this across the line.

Is Clark worth more than Rich to the Lions?

Okay firstly before everyone gets too excited consider this is Greg Denham who is well known to surf BF for his trade rumours. This one has been around a little while put out there by a Freo supporter.

Secondly in the very unlikely event that this is true and he has asked to be traded to Freo what the hell do they have to offer? They have no picks worth anything and they won't trade any of the players likely to get it done. He is contracted and therefore the Lions will simply tell him to suck it up.

At this stage I agree with this.

If true, I'd really worry about what/who we'd need to give up. IF Connolly and Schwab were still at the club I'd totally believe it but not with our current footy dept. They're in for the long haul.

No f'n idea how Fremantle could possibly come up with a suitable deal for Brisbane without selling the farm.

All the promising kids are key components of our best 22 already (eg. Hill, Ballantyne, Barlow, Suban, Mayne). Likewise the senior players with any market value (eg. Sandilands, Duffield, Pavlich, Mundy). Everyone else is either an unproven kid with no value (eg. Bucovaz, Bollenhagen, Crichton), a proven* senior player with no value (eg. Dodd, Murphy, Schammer), or a senior player 1 season away from retirement with no value (eg. Hayden, Grover).

Palmer and Johnson are the only two players I can really think of with value but we still wouldn't have the draft picks to make it worthwhile...

*proven to be hopeless

All the promising kids are key components of our best 22 already (eg. Hill, Ballantyne, Barlow, Suban, Mayne). Likewise the senior players with any market value (eg. Sandilands, Duffield, Pavlich, Mundy). Everyone else is either an unproven kid with no value (eg. Bucovaz, Bollenhagen, Crichton), a proven* senior player with no value (eg. Dodd, Murphy, Schammer), or a senior player 1 season away from retirement with no value (eg. Hayden, Grover)

Offer up Schammer and Vossy might even throw in a pick

I suppose this is directed at me although I'm not really qualified to answer because I don't see very much of the Lions.

The best I could do is say - Yes, because good talls are a lot harder to find but a Brisbane fan would know more accurately.

More of an open question as the Rich/Pick 4 things is being done and another poster had pick 4 and 28. Just trying to gauge what he is worth.

think it would take 2 first rounder and a player/2 rd round pick for lions to look at and clarke to be saying i want out .

Remove this Banner Ad

Mitch Clark - Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back