Mitch Clark - Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

think they is more up side in clark and is also worth more to lions would have to be a very good deal for them to give him up

#####ASSUMING HE WANTS TO LEAVE###########

There is no doubt clark has huge value, but i believe brisbane have a number of good ruckmen/forwards so the may be willing to trade him for a fair value if he said he didnt want to be there.

A 1st round draft pick + 2nd round pick should come close to getting the deal done.

If GWS signs him up next year, they will only get a first round pick. If he decides he wants to leave this could happen.

No f'n idea how Fremantle could possibly come up with a suitable deal for Brisbane without selling the farm.

All the promising kids are key components of our best 22 already (eg. Hill, Ballantyne, Barlow, Suban, Mayne). Likewise the senior players with any market value (eg. Sandilands, Duffield, Pavlich, Mundy). Everyone else is either an unproven kid with no value (eg. Bucovaz, Bollenhagen, Crichton), a proven* senior player with no value (eg. Dodd, Murphy, Schammer), or a senior player 1 season away from retirement with no value (eg. Hayden, Grover).

Palmer and Johnson are the only two players I can really think of with value but we still wouldn't have the draft picks to make it worthwhile...

*proven to be hopeless

Seriously, any of the bolded players, plus others you have not mentioned would be available I would think as deal breakers for Clark.

Trying to be impartial, I can't believe that a player like Morabitto would not be worth less than Clark at this stage of their careers (which is a LONG way from saying we'd do that trade).

Seriously, any of the bolded players, plus others you have not mentioned would be available I would think as deal breakers for Clark.

Trying to be impartial, I can't believe that a player like Morabitto would not be worth less than Clark at this stage of their careers (which is a LONG way from saying we'd do that trade).

While I don't care about the actual topic, you should read his post properly before answering. Some (most) of the players you bolded were not suggested as being players Freo would not trade but in fact players that Brisbane would most likely not trade for (he used the words have no value).....

Just trying to help you understand his point....:)

I cant see a fair trade being done here but LOL at the Lions fan who said Hill for Clarke. The only thing that could get the Clark to Freo deal done is that they have to deal with Voss and I am sure he could accept are Shammer in a straight swap for Clark:D.

While I don't care about the actual topic, you should read his post properly before answering. Some (most) of the players you bolded were not suggested as being players Freo would not trade but in fact players that Brisbane would most likely not trade for (he used the words have no value).....

Just trying to help you understand his point....:)

Yes you are quite right (I did mis-read).

I think Fremantle would be happy to pay fair value for Clark, the questions is would they pay more.

Ottens was going to turn 25 before he played 1 game for Geelong though. Clark will be 23 all of next season. That makes some difference.

I think Ottens was ahead of Clark, and I can't see a couple of years at that stage of a career making too much impact. Trade Judd 2 years earlier than you did and you'd probably get less as he had achieved less.

I think Ottens was ahead of Clark, and I can't see a couple of years at that stage of a career making too much impact. Trade Judd 2 years earlier than you did and you'd probably get less as he had achieved less.
Ottens struggled with injury in those last couple of years at Richmond which made Geelong's trade a riskier proposition. Still, Ottens was worth picks 12 and 16back in 2004. Even if that is a bit more than what Clark would be worth these days, it is still substantially more than what Freo have to offer right now without losing one or two of what is quite a long list of important/promising players. Which probably brings it back to the original point - it is very hard to see how this trade could get done.

When is his contract up? If it is in the next year or two you may find he is holding the GWS gun to their head.

If he is unhappy then he will not hesitate to burn them.

it could work out to be a fair trade overall...Brisbane have 3 pretty good ruckman in Clark, Charman and Leuenberger and if Charman can stay fit, one of the three is excess.

From an outsiders perspective, with Black and Power getting on in years, and losing some other mids from walking out this season, a trade involving Palmer and maybe another Mid i.e Schammer could work out well for both sides

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Schammer played Bench Warmer?

If this is true it is really quite bad for the lions. Clarke is a gun...he can play FF or be an AA in the ruck. To trade for Palmer and pick 20 odd would be terrible.

If he was willing to come to hawthorn i would assume the hawks would throw every list filling player like cameron stokes, beau dowler and Jarryd Morton at crazy voss in hope of securing him.

Is a very good and promising backup ruckman/forward

As for Freo, they would throw a first rounder, and whatever they get for Taz (late first/early second) at Brisbane for him.

I thought Schammer played Bench Warmer?

If this is true it is really quite bad for the lions. Clarke is a gun...he can play FF or be an AA in the ruck. To trade for Palmer and pick 20 odd would be terrible.

Exactly.

And while I rate Palmer pretty highly based on his 2008 season, he didn't manage to hold onto a best 22 spot for Fremantle's finals campaign and word is, he parties hard with Masten, which means Harvey hates his arse.

Brisbane need some mids/flankers for run and carry and Freo does seem to have a lot of players in that mould. Problem will be which ones they will give up. Surely not even Voss is stupid enough to go for Schammer after being burnt so badly last year?????

Might be a a three/four way trade as Brisbane will be trading out Sherman, Freo are trading out Tarrant. Pies will not give up much for Tarrant, naybe the Brions would like Corrie back?

Maybe we could pick up Fev after he gets the axe, colour his hair and re-badge him as Brett Fevola, the better Fevola.

Voss would jump at that.

Palmer and a third rounder.

Clarke has had one decent season, he's also highly injury prone.

Clark won't come cheap.

Why would Freo pay alot for a number 2 ruckman? Doesn't make sense.

Unfortunately for Clark neither WA side need a ruckman.

Clark won't come cheap.

Why would Freo pay alot for a number 2 ruckman? Doesn't make sense.

Unfortunately for Clark neither WA side need a ruckman.

Every flag side has a decent ruck combo. With the changes to the interchange next year the second ruck will be someone who can play forward also. Clark ticks both boxes and will emable Sandilands to get rest and ensure he is not worked into the ground like he was this year.

Pav at CHF with Clarke at FF is a pretty decent forward line when you look at their small players.

Pav is the only player in our forward 50 over 190 cm and even then he's not the biggest bloke ever. Clark would play the majority of time in the forward 50, providing a much needed second target so that Pav isn't double teamed all the time. And as morgoth said, Clark being a much better ruckman than either Bradley or Johnson would allow Sandi more rest time on the bench or up forward

Sound too good to be true from a Fremantle perspective

Every flag side has a decent ruck combo. With the changes to the interchange next year the second ruck will be someone who can play forward also. Clark ticks both boxes and will emable Sandilands to get rest and ensure he is not worked into the ground like he was this year.

Pav at CHF with Clarke at FF is a pretty decent forward line when you look at their small players.

Clark will come at #1 ruckman price. Fremantle are the one side in the comp who shouldn't be throwing money at a quality ruckman, they have the best one in the comp.

For those interested in the facts please take consider that Gubby Allen has now left the club and it was he who engineered last year's trading. Dr Rob Kerr is now in charge of list management - former Essendon assistant and head of the AFLPA. We also have Reid the formerly head of the football dept at Adelaide consulting. It remains to be seen how this will affect our trading but suffice it to say things will be different.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mitch Clark - Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back