Confirmed Shai Bolton, pick 14 & F3 (Rich) traded to Fremantle for picks 10, 11 & 18

Remove this Banner Ad

try it again

but this time , West coast bid on Kakko, Marshall and Lombard at pick 13

So its 11,12,21 for 18 even, if you throw in third round next year, equiv = Pick 3.

Even you judge it on what has been paid

10+11+18 for 14+ F3 ( F3 was 43 this year worth, Pick 57 next year)

Maths is not your strong point

Still Pick 3, So you paid, equivalent to this year Pick 3

suit yourself, knock yourself out on the calculator wont change the fact that you bent over and paid Pick3
Okay so if those bids don't happen, I will be back here and you can cough up the $250 to charity then?

I'm sure that pick 3 still isn't top 5 of all time btw

Also you do realise that the whole points system has changed next year, if anything, 37 is more valuable...

Each pick is worth less points next year, pick 37 points needs to be judged relative to those picks.

I think best 22 and fringe is different. Bolton is clearly best 22 but the price paid seems crazy. Unless Freo really didnt see anyone thry had to have in the draft.

Richmond are going to go all Borg on the entire 2024 draft.
Price was fine, we still got pick 14 back from them and a handy pick 37 next year (great for bidding on our NGA kids, going to be much harder to get picks next year with the new system)

Lol Freo over paid by at least a first round pick.

He is talented sure, but he's not worth 2 first rounders, no way, not close.

Richmond gonna find at least 3 stars from this years draft given their hand, perfect for Richmond, plus, you can lock in Richmond getting the first pick for 2025, they are finishing dead last in 2025 with no contest, it's not even gonna be close, they might go the entire year without losing by less than 5 goals.

Lol Freo over paid by at least a first round pick.

He is talented sure, but he's not worth 2 first rounders, no way, not close.

Richmond gonna find at least 3 stars from this years draft given their hand, perfect for Richmond, plus, you can lock in Richmond getting the first pick for 2025, they are finishing dead last in 2025 with no contest, it's not even gonna be close, they might go the entire year without losing by less than 5 goals.

Two mid first rounders.

We got one of them for trading LOLchie Schultz, how the **** is that a loss?

Okay so if those bids don't happen, I will be back here and you can cough up the $250 to charity then?

Also you do realise that the whole points system has changed next year, if anything, 37 is more valuable...

Each pick is worth less points next year, pick 37 points needs to be judged relative to those picks.

Fact is today, you paid pick 3.

Next year, you can allocate your time to work out where it ranks

Till then I am done with you

With 10 and 11 I expect us and we pick 2 of the following- Travaglia, Hotton, Trainor, Armstrong, Lindsay, Berry, Allan.

The first two will set us up quite nicely but happy for our recruiters to pick the best two of this mix. A win for us.

A really good spot to be in the draft.

Pick 18, 20, 23 and 24 will help us with best needs and talls look good around there. Wouldn’t be surprised if we traded one or more of these picks to enhance our position in this and future drafts.

For Fremantle of course they get the game breaker they need to be a contender. A win for them.

Now the question needs to be asked if the coaching staff are the right ones for a group so talented they should be right up there.

Anything less than a finals win next year is failure but I’m backing them in to make the prelim at the least.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A more interesting question than "Is this a top 5 trade price all time?" is "Is this a top 5 trade price all time if we only include Freo trades?"
  • Luke Jackson: unquestionably more
  • Jesse Hogan: about the same, you could make an argument either way
  • Peter Bell: unquestionably more
  • Des Headland: unquestionably more
  • Chris Tarrant: debatable depending on how much you value Medhurst
  • Trent Croad: pretty easily more, even if you value McPharlin as a late or even mid first round value
  • Pre-Bell options: David Hynes, Chris Bond, a bunch of stuff that happened for the inaugural season (especially the McLeod thing)
This isn't even including trades where Freo traded out players or the multitude of trades that didn't involve Freo. Carey, JHF, Weller, Treloar to Collingwood, Judd obviously, etc.

Blaisee's take is genuinely the worst take I've ever seen.

With 10 and 11 I expect us and we pick 2 of the following- Travaglia, Hotton, Trainor, Armstrong, Lindsay, Berry, Allan.

The first two will set us up quite nicely but happy for our recruiters to pick the best two of this mix. A win for us.

A really good spot to be in the draft.

Pick 18, 20, 23 and 24 will help us with best needs and talls look good around there. Wouldn’t be surprised if we traded one or more of these picks to enhance our position in this and future drafts.

For Fremantle of course they get the game breaker they need to be a contender. A win for them.

Now the question needs to be asked if the coaching staff are the right ones for a group so talented they should be right up there.

Anything less than a finals win next year is failure but I’m backing them in to make the prelim at the least.
11 is such a nice spot and why I wanted to keep it so badly. Still an outside chance we can get one of Reid (rated all over the place), Berry and Lindsay but we'll need a few things to go our way. Surely you guys trade up to pick 2, just too many picks

11 is such a nice spot and why I wanted to keep it so badly. Still an outside chance we can get one of Reid (rated all over the place), Berry and Lindsay but we'll need a few things to go our way. Surely you guys trade up to pick 2, just too many picks
Or we'll trade 23 and 24 into 2025 F1s on draft night.

Or we'll trade 23 and 24 into 2025 F1s on draft night.
I was looking at this in case somehow it all fell through. I think the teams that could justify it is falling pretty quick. Would need to be a top 6 club from this year surely
  • Hawks: Unlikely but maybe? We'll see where the Barrass trade ends up
  • GWS: Too many picks this year already, no chance
  • Geelong: Doesnt seem the value they like
  • Port: Dont have one
  • Swans: Two late firsts already, unlikely
  • Brisbane: Have their draft sorted and would need Marshall gone at the least

I was looking at this in case somehow it all fell through. I think the teams that could justify it is falling pretty quick. Would need to be a top 6 club from this year surely
  • Hawks: Unlikely but maybe? We'll see where the Barrass trade ends up
  • GWS: Too many picks this year already, no chance
  • Geelong: Doesnt seem the value they like
  • Port: Dont have one
  • Swans: Two late firsts already, unlikely
  • Brisbane: Have their draft sorted and would need Marshall gone at the least
Cats did it with us only a few years ago. Can see Essendon being keen to get back in after Kako.

Clubs will come for them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed Shai Bolton, pick 14 & F3 (Rich) traded to Fremantle for picks 10, 11 & 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Back