Mitch Clark

Remove this Banner Ad

One good season does not make him all of the sudden worth a first round draft pick. He followed it up with a mediocre season, showing that being in a good team helped rather than being an absolute good player.

In 09 he played about 90% game time and dominated. Unlucky not to be AA. In 10 he was played out of position and was rotated with Leui in the ruck which didn't help his performance. He has shown he can play in more than one position late in the year (kicked 5 as a FF against Adelaide).

Still has huge upside and to think he's not worth a first rounder is laughable.

Also - yes, I have never watched him play. Sure bud. You related to Vossy?

Nope. But looking at some of your trade suggestions you seem to have nfi about trading.

He was rotated in the ruck in 2009 with Leuenberger, but average a significant amount of less hitouts. I dont care if he was played out of position a bit.. he was still playing as a ruckman and struggled for hitouts. If he was playing down foward I could understand, but he clearly wasn't playing that much down forward as he only kicked 9 goals... unless he just sucked at that. So it's either sucking at ruckwork or sucking at being a forward. Which is it?

He was rotated in the ruck in 2009 with Leuenberger, but average a significant amount of less hitouts. I dont care if he was played out of position a bit.. he was still playing as a ruckman and struggled for hitouts. If he was playing down foward I could understand, but he clearly wasn't playing that much down forward as he only kicked 9 goals... unless he just sucked at that. So it's either sucking at ruckwork or sucking at being a forward. Which is it?

I think you'll find he carried the ruck in 2009 (and was very good) while leuenberger was injured. maybe your stats are referring to 2010 where leuenberger has been No1 ruckman and clarke has had injury concerns

He was rotated in the ruck in 2009 with Leuenberger, but average a significant amount of less hitouts.

Think you've got the wrong year here.

In 09 he didn't ruck until round 5 or 6 IIRC when both Charman and Leui were gone for the season.

I dont care if he was played out of position a bit.. he was still playing as a ruckman and struggled for hitouts. If he was playing down foward I could understand, but he clearly wasn't playing that much down forward as he only kicked 9 goals... unless he just sucked at that. So it's either sucking at ruckwork or sucking at being a forward. Which is it?

He played with a virus for the first two weeks and didn't do much. Then he was rucking with Leui which again reduced his hitouts and late in the season he played CHF and presented well. Kicked 5 as FF when Brown was out.

Oh man, someone just did a Dockerland1.

Awesome that he wants out and awesome that he wants Freo

Having said that- Fyfe, Morabito and especially Hill are off limits.
Man if we traded Hill I'd deadset stop barracking for the club, and i love Fremantle.

Awesome that he wants out and awesome that he wants Freo

Having said that- Fyfe, Morabito and especially Hill are off limits.
Man if we traded Hill I'd deadset stop barracking for the club, and i love Fremantle.

no chance of any of those boys going... we are going to have to say goodbye to someone though. personally i hope its MJ... couple him with a pick i really believe brissy would do that.

if he was uncontracted I would be a lot more excited but I think this might be a case of too good to be true

buuut can you imagine him playing alongside Pav, Mayne and Balla in the forward 50?:eek: and then towards the end of the quarter putting Sandi in the goalsquare and have young Mitch dominating against fatigued opposition:thumbsu:

It would be like having a fully fit JLo back

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In 09 he played about 90% game time and dominated. Unlucky not to be AA. In 10 he was played out of position and was rotated with Leui in the ruck which didn't help his performance. He has shown he can play in more than one position late in the year (kicked 5 as a FF against Adelaide).

Still has huge upside and to think he's not worth a first rounder is laughable.

Nope. But looking at some of your trade suggestions you seem to have nfi about trading.
Just to let you know that Braedsy often doesn't reflect Dockers fans opinions and many of us think he thinks, well top put it kindly, outside the square.

There is no doubt Clark is a gun and to get him would be huge boost for us and a big loss for Brisbane. Two first round picks in a compromised draft would be about right given past history for decent KP/ruckman players.

But it will boil down to whether Voss wants picks or players. He's really boxed the Lions into a corner with the list cull and trading last year. Theoretically he would want more players so it might boil down to possible trades or whether he can on-trade the picks.

Hill, Morabito, Fyfe are all local boys so sending them to Brisbane would leave you vulnerable again to the go home factor. This might be left field but one possibility is picks + Kepler Bradley. That will probably attract derision but Bradley is generally underrated. Thing is he is not great as a ruckman.
Johnson might be another optioon as he is a very good user of the ball, plays tall and is generally all around useful -- if a bit soft.

Lastly, us Dockers would say it might be better to trade Clark this year than lose him to West Coast next year as they will again have first pick in the PSD. ;);)

Having said that Clark might not be a guarantee of a first team place ahead of Kennedy/Natainaui/Cox unless Eagles want to have two ruckman and two big lumbering talls in the forward line -- which could be tricky at Subiaco.

And they just signed up the Big Q for another 12 months and he would be redundant.

Just to let you know that Braedsy often doesn't reflect Dockers fans opinions and many of us think he thinks, well top put it kindly, outside the square.

All good. We have our own. ;)

There is no doubt Clark is a gun and to get him would be huge boost for us and a big loss for Brisbane. Two first round picks in a compromised draft would be about right given past history for decent KP/ruckman players.

Yep. That sounds fair.

The trouble is we don't have 2 first round picks to give.

Tarrant's not going to get us one. Trading Kepler sure as hell won't.

Would Jonno be worth one? I doubt it.

no chance of any of those boys going... we are going to have to say goodbye to someone though. personally i hope its MJ... couple him with a pick i really believe brissy would do that.
MJ wont be going anywhere,one of our best in the finals.
Players with his size and skill dont grow on trees and why would you trade some one out plus a pick to bring in someone of maybe like ability but on Clarkes 010 performance inferior to MJ/s
Doesnt make a lot of sense :confused:

Cough up draft picks for players.
But the problem seems to be that there's no one that Freo want to give up that would be worth a first round pick (personally, I don't blame you guys).

The feel I am getting from Freo supporters is that they really think that Clark could be a major addition to their side but that they are reluctant to lose what they've developed over the past few years. Unfortunately, aggressive trading generally means some pain in terms of list change. It is also high risk. My club can vouch for both of those things!

But the problem seems to be that there's no one that Freo want to give up that would be worth a first round pick (personally, I don't blame you guys).

The feel I am getting from Freo supporters is that they really think that Clark could be a major addition to their side but that they are reluctant to lose what they've developed over the past few years. Unfortunately, aggressive trading generally means some pain in terms of list change. It is also high risk. My club can vouch for both of those things!

Yeah I really can't see us getting the deal done without selling the farm. None of the guys I'd want to trade have enough value, and our draft picks are rubbish this year.

Anyone Freo deems expendable they need to work with GC to engineer a Brennan to GC and Mitch to Freo trade. That way we would be looking at three or four of GC's picks.

ie. Brennan to GC for two picks, Palmer to GC for a pick. Pick on traded to Lions for Mitch + Freo's first pick.

Using the GC might work.

Another option:
Taz to the Pies
Goldsack to GC for a pick
Pick to Lions
and we need to chip in a pick and or player to Lions (say Palmer)

Would really depend on Goldsacks worth but GC is apparently keen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mitch Clark

Remove this Banner Ad

Back