Mitch Clark

Remove this Banner Ad

The dilemma for Brisbane is that they only have him contracted for one more year. IF he wants out now and a deal cannot be done then surely he's going to want out next year when GWS can take him and all Brisbane will get is a compo pick.

Brisbane would do well to consider any worthwhile offer for Clark. I would say that Freo's first round pick and whatever else (2nd round pick or player) is worth more than the compo pick they will get next year.

Of course this is all relying on the fact that he wants to leave AND that he wants to go to Freo.

The compo pick comes after the clubs actual first round pick doesn't it? If it does then the compo first rounder to Brisbane would be significantly better than Freo's 1st round.

Agreed. His value is rock bottom now, I really don't want to see him traded.

Combining a few of my posts from other threads, here's what I'd like to see happen:

C.Tarrant + Pick 37 -> Pick 25

Pick 25 + Pick 20 + G.Ibbotson -> M.Clark

Just forgetting the Tarrant trade, 2 late first rounders would have gotten Fyfe & Black last year and Swift & Redden the year before. It is apparent that quality is still available at those picks.

Brisbane can forget about Fyfe, Hill and Mora.

youre having a lend.... jesus christ we had better not do that deal.
:eek:
:eek::eek::eek:

I can't see a deal getting done that doesn't see us lose a promising player. At the very least we'd have to give up Palmer, but Brisbane would want better. We'd have to give up someone like Fyfe to get it happening.

The compo pick comes after the clubs actual first round pick doesn't it? If it does then the compo first rounder to Brisbane would be significantly better than Freo's 1st round.

No it depends on the band that Clark would be rated in. I'm assuming he'll be like Bock and that pick is placed at the end of the first round not after the club's first round pick. Not entirely sure though.

Also we'd be offering more than just our first round pick I would think. I believe a lot of this will hinge on what we can get out of the Pies for Tarrant.

I'm not sure Brisbane would except that. They'd have to clear the list room (1 player out, 3 players in) and they'd probably want at least one gun player coming back their way - a mid tier guy and 2 picks that wont get them guns won't cover that.

Just because the Eagles don't know how to draft guns with Picks 20 and 25 doesn't mean other clubs don't.

I'm serious. You guys overrate Ibbotoson.

Plus Quality > Quantity.
Clearly you didn't get the joke. They've already cleared the list room, they've lost 3 players already and if Clark goes that is another one. This doesn't include any delistings.

I see, but they'll be getting picks/picks back for a lot of the players they've cleared, will they not?
That means they don't have to pick as deep and can replace shit delisted players with better players then?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That means they don't have to pick as deep and can replace shit delisted players with better players then?

That would be the best case scenario, but it could also mean they delist players they'd rather keep so they can take decent draft picks.

Then the problem of of only being able to delist uncontracted players comes up (or paying out contracted players which would hurt the cap).

So overall, it's not ideal for Brisvagas.

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]
When I say "gun" I don't mean Ballantyne or Suban, I mean Hill, Naitanui etc.

Has Fyfe not shown more than Naitanui?
Fyfe has as much growth/development potential Naitanui, I understand that Naitanui is a ruckman but it is simply ludacris to suggest you cannot find a gun with a second round pick.

Fyfe
Hanneberry
Beams
Ballantyne - he is a gun, despite your opinion to the contrary
Redden
Bastinac
the list goes on

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

Fyfe
Hanneberry
Beams
Ballantyne - he is a gun, despite your opinion to the contrary
Redden
Bastinac
the list goes on

Sigh, I had the same coversation yesterday on the West Coast board.

Clearly, you can find a gun in the 2nd round. History is full of them.

The thing is, how often do you find a gun in the 20s? If we could put a number on it - say 25 - 35% if the time (hypothetically), how would that number compare to the amount of times a gun comes from the top 10?

It would compare poorly.

Simply put, Brisbane would want a better chance at a gun than 2 picks in the 20s. They'd want a ready made gun or a very near thing to it (very early pick). Without that, I can't imagine they'd be too keen to deal.

Pick 20 and 3rd round for Clark + Brisbanes 2nd rounder.

lol.

Or:

Schammer + 2nd Rounder for Clark.

mega lulz. :D

Fyfe + pick 23 for Clark would be fair. You have to give up an A grade player for another.

If that can't be done, assuming he wants to leave then i'm guessing WC would offer pick 4.

lol.

mega lulz. :D

Fyfe + pick 23 for Clark would be fair. You have to give up an A grade player for another.

If that can't be done, assuming he wants to leave then i'm guessing WC would offer pick 4.
lol. Like to overrate your players much? Fyfe and 23? (not that we have pick 23) Clark isn't even worth Fyfe.

Yeah, I wouldn't give up any of Fyfe, Hill, Morabito, but frankly, Clark (as a young ruckman who can go forward) is probably worth one of those (not Hill).

I can't see a trade being done unless it's a merry go round.

I think we will trade Tarrant with a view to providing the Suns with a ruckman, who will give one of their first round picks to Brisbane, along with ours, for Clark.

Fremantle Lose - Tarrant + First Round Pick
Kangaroos/Collingwood Lose - Hale/Petrie/Fraser type
Gold Coast Lose - Pick 11, 13 or 15
Brisbane Lose - Clark

Fremantle Gain - Clark
Kangaroos/Collingwood Gain - Tarrant
Gold Coast Gain - Their ruckman forward (which ironically SHOULD be Clark)
Brisbane Gain - Pick 11, 13 or 15 + 20

Clark is a gun. You'd understand if you watch him play.
One good season does not make him all of the sudden worth a first round draft pick. He followed it up with a mediocre season, showing that being in a good team helped rather than being an absolute good player.

Also - yes, I have never watched him play. Sure bud. You related to Vossy?

Remove this Banner Ad

Mitch Clark

Remove this Banner Ad

Back