Mitch Clark

Remove this Banner Ad

Phase 1: Chris Tarrant
Phase 2: ????????????
Phase 3: Profit (Mitch Clark)

There... all sorted.

dont need to worry about egirls chasing mitch clark, they have the unstoppable superstar nicnotacluey, hes sensational he can carry their ruck all by himself for the next 20 yrs hes so good.

Plus wasnt the rumour also that Rich wants out an wants to be at egirls so thaty would take pick 4 + something extra.

An those offering palmer in trades are crazy.
Yes Clark is a very good young player BUT ruckman and forwards dont win u grand finals.
Midfielders an a solid defence is more important,just look through the recent years of grand finalists no real great forwards just guys good enough to help get job done.

The games have been won in midfield an defense.

To get Clark we will have to give up something of value, an imo weakening our midfield an leaving our defense as it is will not help us go higher next year an beyond.
Over the years we have had a pretty damn good forward line an where has that got us.

Lets not forget that even though the draft is compromised this year an next there is still plenty of talent in there so just coz our first pick is close to a 2nd rnd pick doesnt mean we cant get anyone good with it.
If i was in GC position i wouldnt be using picks on best available, i would be using first 2 on best available then looking at best avail defender, best available forwards etc so they will be leaving some talent to fill their needs.

Would luv to get Clark, but not at the cost of losing a good young midfielder plus our 1st pick.
Ibbo,MJ,Keplar + 2nd round pick i could handle.

But Palmer,hill,mora,fyfe etc even suban is a bad idea

MJ wont be going anywhere,one of our best in the finals.
Players with his size and skill dont grow on trees and why would you trade some one out plus a pick to bring in someone of maybe like ability but on Clarkes 010 performance inferior to MJ/s
Doesnt make a lot of sense :confused:

i reckon clark is 75% better than what MJ was and ever will be. he is younger, a better contested mark, and was a borderline AA ruckman in 09. would just suit exactly what we need so perfectly. realistically though, i agree, i dont think freo will trade MJ.

Phase 1: Chris Tarrant
Phase 2: ????????????
Phase 3: Profit (Mitch Clark)

There... all sorted.
Haha!

Some of these trade proposals are hilarious. Somehow, I don't think we'll be able to trade Brock O'Brien, a print out of Jack Juniper's WAFL reserves stats and a signed photo of Scott Thornton for Clark. Equally, we're not going to be cloning Matthew Pavlich four times and trading the clones, the original Pavlich, Sandilands, Hill, Duffield, Mundy and Broughton for Clark.

My solution: no moronic trades like this club used to make. Stick with the freaking youth policy and use the draft!

An those offering palmer in trades are crazy.
Yes Clark is a very good young player BUT ruckman and forwards dont win u grand finals.
Midfielders an a solid defence is more important,just look through the recent years of grand finalists no real great forwards just guys good enough to help get job done.

The games have been won in midfield an defense.

You think you win games in defense but don't need decent forwards? Watch Scarlett absolutely dominate when he doesn't have a forward he actually needs to pay attention to.

Whitey is "just good enough to get the job done"? May be a few people in the football world who disagree. Tall forwards don't dominate in GF's mostly because they come up against very good defense, I'll give you that much. But Clark is a ruckman forward, and very few Grand Finalists have a just one AFL ready ruckman on their list to play the entire year.And many of them have (or would love to have) a ruckman who can play as a legitimate forward (Ottens, Kosi).

The reality is that ALL of the serious top teams this year have spent heavily to try and get topline KPF's. Every single one of them.

My solution: no moronic trades like this club used to make. Stick with the freaking youth policy and use the draft!

Hard to think of any GF team without core players who were traded for. Can you think of any?

Nothing wrong with paying fair price for a player in trades. Just got to figure out what that is. But so far, in the trades proposed here, if I was at Brisbane i don't think there is a trade on the table which looks too good to knock back.

C.Tarrant + Pick 37 -> Pick 25
Pick 25 + Pick 20 + G.Ibbotson -> M.Clark

I would have thought pick 20 and 25 would be enough if not a decent depth player like Schammer would hopefully get it done. Personally I rate Clark high but essentially we would be losing Pick 20 + Pick 25 + Pick 37 + Tarrant + Ibbotson (boarder line top 18 player) for Clark that seems extremly high. I would think Brisbane need as many draft picks as possible now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

essentially we would be losing Pick 20 + Pick 25 + Pick 37 + Tarrant + Ibbotson seems extremly high

Na, it's either Pick 20 + Pick 37 + Tarrant + Ibbotson or Pick 20 + Pick 25 + Ibbotson.

Yeah it's quite high, but in my opinion we're losing none of our young guns that Brisbane fans seem to think they're going to get (Hill Mora Palmer Fyfe etc), not really damaging our best 22 (Ibbotson missed rounds 3-7 and we played some of our best football then, Tarrant's already leaving) and still it's a offer that Brisbane would consider.

If Ibbotson isn't in the backline, then Broughton has to play there, so someone else has to take that rotation in the midfield.

Why would we need to pay more than Pick 20 and 25? Isn't that the same value as Gary Ablett??

Did you just read the post i was about to write. I was going to say, before you so rudely stole my words,:D was that GWS compensation for Clark would only be 1 draft pick at the end of round 1.

In this so called "superdraft" this year, if the 2 first round picks cant get the job done, I'm happy to see us spend them on new talent. The modern game sees 2 genuine ruckmen as one too many, Sandilands has some time left in the tank and young Zack looks ready to hit his straps next year. Lets not rush, it's a buyers market, and we can get a some more good midfield depth and another KP players with those 2 picks.

If Ibbotson isn't in the backline, then Broughton has to play there, so someone else has to take that rotation in the midfield.

Positionally, a full forward would be ranked far higher than a half back flanker. A half back flanker we could find in the WAFL/VFL... Curnow, Mzungu, Smiths? I don't think we could find many young star full forward who could make the AA squad as a ruckman as well in the WAFL/VFL.

Why would we need to pay more than Pick 20 and 25? Isn't that the same value as Gary Ablett??

There's no real gauge on Gary Ablett's value until the cats decide to use the picks... in theory that could be the same value but I doubt it will be, here's what actually happens...
The first of their selections is to be taken immediately after their "normal" 1st round selection in the draft. If their normal draft pick is 10, then their compensation pick would be #11; if their normal pick is #3, then their compensation pick would be #4. They can use this pick at any time in the next 5 years (2010-2014), however, if they choose to use it in 2010 or 2011 then the pick will be taken at the end of the 1st round (the same as the Bock, Rischitelli, Brown and Harbrow selections).

Their 2nd selection is to be taken at the end of the 1st round, the same as the Bock, Rischitelli, Brown and Harbrow compensation picks. Once again, the pick has a 5 year life expectancy.

If Geelong choose to use one (or both) of their compensation draft picks this year then they have until Friday Nov 5th to notify the AFL of their intention. If they choose to use it in any other year then they have to notify the AFL before the commencement of Round 1 that year.
GWS compensation for Clark would only be 1 draft pick at the end of round 1.

Yeah nah. Clark would most likely be a second band selection, meaning they get another first rounder immediately after their first round pick. Could be anywhere in the first round, if they stay at the bottom it's likely to be a top 10 pick.

In this so called "superdraft" this year, if the 2 first round picks cant get the job done, I'm happy to see us spend them on new talent. The modern game sees 2 genuine ruckmen as one too many, Sandilands has some time left in the tank and young Zack looks ready to hit his straps next year.

I doubt our first intention would be to get him as a ruckman, but rather as a full forward who can also be an excellent ruckman if Sandi goes down (Clark made the AA squad as a ruckman at age 21). Pavlich and Clark with Mayne, Ballantyne and Walters would be the most potent young forward line in the game.

Lets not rush, it's a buyers market.

I'm not sure which other young, talented, top 10 draft pick full forwards are asking to be traded to us, it's hardly a buyers market.

we can get a some more good midfield depth and another KP players with those 2 picks.

Pick 20 and 25 could get us what, 2 young KPP's who may or may not make it to the top level? Even taking into account our recruiters brilliance in the past two years, there are few mature bodied KPP's left at that stage, so in all likelihood we'd be taking some skinny (albeit talkented) kids who aren't going to useful for a premiership tilt in the next two-four years in the same way that Mitch Clark is.

Fremantle give Tarrant + 1st Round pick + 3rd Round pick
Brisbane give Clark + 4th Round pick
Collingwood give 1st Round pick

Fremantle get Clark + Brisbanes 4th Round pick
Brisbane get Fremantle + Collingwoods 1st Round picks
Collingwood get Tarrant + Fremantles 3rd Round pick

Too stuffed from work to tell if this is any good or not, little help?

1st round pick and Ibbo to get Clark. Done Deal.

I do like Ibbo and he has talent but we can replace him.

Ibbo will be a best 18 player for Brisbane and they get a 1st rounder.

Clark improves us in so many ways it's not funny.

Why should we be paying more than a 1st rounder people? He's 23 yeah.. but the precedence before has a player like him going for a 1st or less. Cam Wood went for a first, Jolly last season went for a first only after being AA and only 27. He went to Sydney for a first rounder after a season like Clark has had.

People's hate for Ibbo is extraordinary in such a big way.

Ibbo + 2nd rounder should be all thats needed.

They get ibbo good long kick,great endurance, certain best 22 player for them whether its down back or in midfield.
Plus 2nd round pick which will still get them a quality player.

There already gettin a bunch of high picks from the other players their losing they will be licking their lips at losing a ruckman/forward something they can afford to lose for a good player plus another chance to pick up a good player with 1st round pick.
Lets not forget he wants out, they prefer the other guys as ruck, if they keep fev there is no room for fev brown and clark in their forward line.
So since he wont be in ruck he will be a bench player or not even in the 22.

An i bet the club will be wanting to interview him an make sure he meets their standards in attitude etc just like they would with a draft pick.

edit dont think anyone hates ibbo but they seem him as replaceable.
I would have suban playing the role they had ibbo playing an would of had ibbo on wing.

Has anyone actually heard this reported, other than rumour on BF? Did they cover it on 6PR?

It seems to have been around for a bit before breaking on SEN today.

Hard to think of any GF team without core players who were traded for. Can you think of any?

Nothing wrong with paying fair price for a player in trades. Just got to figure out what that is. But so far, in the trades proposed here, if I was at Brisbane i don't think there is a trade on the table which looks too good to knock back.

What is with your thing for tall forwards? We chased talls heavily between 98 and 01. Other clubs like West Coast and Geelong got elite mids in that period.

Who won premierships?

Remove this Banner Ad

Mitch Clark

Remove this Banner Ad

Back