Mitch Clark

Remove this Banner Ad

Ummm ... I hate to dazzle your analytical mind with facts but at a State screening Barlow did a 2.88 for the 20m. That is blisteringly quick and .06 of a second behind Hill. Barlow runs like a duck but he's the fastest f**king duck we'll ever see.

You've put together a wish list of players we could never get. And none of the Hawks players are any better than what we have. A small factoid is our midfield sans Barlow just spanked the Hawks midfield in an elimination final.

But back to the topic at hand, I have trouble believing that people (a) don't realise how good Clark is and (b) how much we need a decent tall forward. We have two, possible three KP backs, we have no KP forwards other than Pavlich.

Clark would be good for 40 goals a year and would take tremendous pressure off Pavlich, and relegate Johnson/Bradley to a third tall forward drawing a lesser defender.

If we can pull this off it would be a huge boost IF Clark can stay fit.

Agree that Barlow was a fast duck and hope is still upon his return.

I also agree that acquiring another quality KPF like Clark should be priority number 1.

Clark would be good for 40 goals a year and would take tremendous pressure off Pavlich, and relegate Johnson/Bradley to a third tall forward drawing a lesser defender.

If Clark is good for 40 goals a season I pray we can get him after Pav our next highest was Ballantyne with 33 goals in 19 games. Then Hasleby (retired) with 22 the majority of our goals came from the midfield our forward pressure was great but we lacked a second tall all season (Johnson is to light to hold down that role IMO). Clark would be worth our first and a decent player but would be well worth it. Sandilands would be helped out a lot in the ruck as well.

I queried the Brissie Board and pretty well told that in their opinion we was a no-go. I hope the club has a very cunning plan or this is extremely unlikely to happen. Shame as he is the perfect fit for our club.

Can't believe some people are suggesting we trade Palmer. Those who did seriously need to have a good look at yourselves. As for Clark, would be a massive get. But he is contracted and highly rated down at the Lions, would be surprised if he left. Would be worth our first pick and a pick we get from Tarrant.

If true this is a massive plus for Freo,allowing big Sandi more rest and forwardline time as well as allowing Zac to develop in good time.
Dont know what it will take to get the deal over the line...but would imagine our first two picks for starters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Come on people it's crazy Vossy we're trading with here. Murphy should be a straight swap for Clark and their first round pick. Go wild Vossy!!!

Awesome, awesome, awesome.

Don't want to give up Palmer but happy to use our first pick + on this.

For once the stars are all aligning for Freo. Clark is exactly what we need - KPP/ruckman and in the perfect age bracket.

If Clark does end up in purple watch for Mike Sheahan to quickly decide he doesn't rate him anymore.

Would be a MASSIVE asset to our club if we could get Clark and I would trade Johnson and pick 20 for him without even thinking about it. Young has all the talent in the world, wa boy, backup to sandi who can kick goals when up forward. He effectively would be taking the pressure off both our best ruckman and our best forward in pavlich!!!! Where do we sign up:thumbsu:

Precisely, that and a solid full back is exactly what we need to take it to the next level next season.

I would happily offer up our 1st rounder and a Steven Dodd and or Byron Schammer. They don't have much value but Vossy seems to love to pick up duds.

Palmer is definately a no go, give the kid time to recover!

I'd rather give them Dodd and Schammer than Palmer.

It'd mean we'd have to give up one of our experienced in and under midfielders who shut Judd out of a derby once along with a defender fist who wouldn't let Eddie Betts near it. If Silvani and Roberton didn't team up to beat him in the preseason arm wrestle, Dodd would have played every game this year.

Palmer is just a loose cannon who can't run, can't kick and can't tackle. He's got a broken heart, broken head and a broken shoulder to go along with his bung knee. Brisbane don't want him. Fremantle won't do that to Brisbane. We'll keep hold of him as part of the trade so Brisbane can feel they won one.

Seriously, don't give up Rhys. Get Mitch but don't give up Rhys.

Sandiland, Pavlich and Clark would have to be the best collection of talls in the AFL.

Having said that, a 22 year old, KPP/Ruckman who went close to AA and is under contract wont come cheap.

I imagine it'll be something like 1st rounder + Palmer.

I'd put up Ibbo before Palmer in a trade. Midfielders are hard to find and Palmer will be back up and running next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mitch Clark

Remove this Banner Ad

Back